NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

appreciate it, thank you.

Gav

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Neo,

When i load the file on Altis, the text says it's loaded but nothing appears on screen. Do i have to place it down? or would it appear somewhere on the map that i can't see?

added later - ah okay i see where i went wrong. I think my composition was too large, when i was adding it to a preset nothing happened, when i chopped it up into smaller pieces i got a notification saying that it successfully wrote to the file. Is there a limitation to the number of object you can use?

Gav

Edited by GavC

I did, still not working with the base i'd made. Once i broke it up into smaller pieces it allowed me to save to presets and then place those in Altis. So i got it working now.

Thanks

Hello! I LOVE this tool! can finally have accurate object placement compared to zeus.

However I am unable to adjust an objects height. The control map lists Ctrl + LMB to change object height but instead it changes its roll/bank (opposite of CTRL + RMB) Is there an updated control list somewhere?

And is it possible to lock objects to a certain height? I'm trying to build emplacements on a hill side and it seems like the height values are relative to the distance of the ground to the objects position rather than sea level. This makes it near impossible to match two or more walking surfaces without differences in height.

However I am unable to adjust an objects height. The control map lists Ctrl + LMB to change object height but instead it changes its roll/bank (opposite of CTRL + RMB) Is there an updated control list somewhere?

Have a look in the 0.8 Manual. It is RMB + LMB now.

And is it possible to lock objects to a certain height? I'm trying to build emplacements on a hill side and it seems like the height values are relative to the distance of the ground to the objects position rather than sea level. This makes it near impossible to match two or more walking surfaces without differences in height.

Double left click and set the height manual. Height relative to terrain instead of sea makes more sense for terrain editing in most cases. For placing similar walking places/bridges I recommend Fencer with absolute mode.

Hi , i ve got a question . Im running these mods : @MapBuilder @MapBuilderAiA @AllInArmaTerrainPackLITE and im not able to use objects from AiA .

any solutions ?

Hi , i ve got a question . Im running these mods : @MapBuilder @MapBuilderAiA @AllInArmaTerrainPackLITE and im not able to use objects from AiA .

any solutions ?

Try the non "lite" version or wait for the CUP terrains release.

And you thought about making tools for roads??

Hi , i ve got another problem - do u have any fix, solution for that : https://youtu.be/JMXq_zS03d0

I already got reports about that problem, but it seems to be very rare and saving current project and restarting seems to fix the problem.

And you thought about making tools for roads??

Shapefiles in TB works slpendid, if you ask me. Maybe MB will someday feature Shapefile export too, but not for the next few updates.

Mondkalb had the splendid idea to make the camera following the brush line while drawing (it can be toggled):

P.S. Everyone in the official MB skype group can download a preview of the next MB update (0.9).

Got a little suggestion: any way to include a parameter for a random spawn of a damaged / different object when using brush? 'd makes things more varied and easier.

Got a little suggestion: any way to include a parameter for a random spawn of a damaged / different object when using brush? 'd makes things more varied and easier.

That is already in (Object list in a brush template)

Mondkalb had the splendid idea to make the camera following the brush line while drawing (it can be toggled):

P.S. Everyone in the official MB skype group can download a preview of the next MB update (0.9).

that's fantastic!

how about having the camera (optionally) orient with the brush too? seeing you trying to follow the resulted placement in the end of the video made me think that it could be useful for certain situations.

like let's say you would place a fence or whatever that goes around some houses and the brush would be hidden by the houses. would be kind of cool to be able to "drive" around the map in a low camera angle while placing stuff, when the object density is high in the area.

also wanted to say how awesome this is and how great that you keep quietly improving this in this way. you are a true tool maker. everything is so clean and simple and makes sense.

@kerkkoh: awesome results. looks very natural. i really hope to see a lot of new terrains with that kind of detail coming out of this.

is anyone free to join the skype group?

is anyone free to join the skype group?

Yes, link should be in the first post.

@benson

I tested a fixed angle behind the brush but is makes it more complicated than simple. But maybe I can readd it as option.

yea now that you say it, it might actually need a slightly different control scheme/system to work how i imagine it. like actually controlling like a mouse controlled vehicle or something.

also keep in mind that i'm just brain storming from a theoretical perspective. i haven't been able to boot the game in months (wish i could right now, seeing your progress) so i have not really an uptodate hands on experience i am basing any of this on.

but i guess if you feel it wouldn't be entirely useless the way you had it, options can never hurt.

i'm planning to 100% retire from arma modding except from slowly finishing/maintaining my EM mod, but to be honest when i see this, it really makes me want to make a terrain :)

who knows? maybe you will need someone creating some small areas on that Harz terrain you were working on. using your tool, making something for this game might actually feel like a harmless hobby again :lol:

I already asked in the Skypegroup, but I also want to collect some opinions here about this topic:

What do you guys think of changing the UI to a more common approach. That means adding a top Toolbar instead of the large bar on the right.