NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

All objects will have their respective animations when reimporting into TB.

it would be cool if your brush system could be used for modifying elevation data/layer mask's as well but i have a feeling that would be rather hard to implement... looks very neat though cant wait to get my hands on it

I think that is more of a technical impossibility. Elevation data as well as the layer mask can not be changed on the fly without direct access to the source files. Therefore you will need TB for doing that. Why you cannot change the mask within TB is the thing that really eludes me ^^

it would be cool if your brush system could be used for modifying elevation data/layer mask's as well but i have a feeling that would be rather hard to implement... looks very neat though cant wait to get my hands on it

Everyone keep asking that... But yes, that is planned but much further down the road because it requires heavy work with external programs (that I have to write first).

But it is possible and it will come to MB (actually I have a prototype that works but is not ready to be shown yet).

I think that is more of a technical impossibility. Elevation data as well as the layer mask can not be changed on the fly without direct access to the source files

Right, but you can layer mask and heightmap data in TB ;)

Everyone keep asking that... But yes, that is planned but much further down the road because it requires heavy work with external programs (that I have to write first).

But it is possible and it will come to MB (actually I have a prototype that works but is not ready to be shown yet).

Right, but you can layer mask and heightmap data in TB ;)

id be curious to know how you plan about implementing it... like would it be withing buldozer/TB or would you have to PBO your map and launch it with the files binarized and all, and have an IO dll write the new heightmap to a file kinda like road painter? or would your method be different? and would the source code be available upon release/ever? i spent like an hour or so looking for any bulldozer related content inside the A3 configs and came up empty, im just not sure where to look and there is literally zero documentation on modifying bulldozer or running scripts from bulldozer

bulldozer

*Buldozer

and would the source code be available upon release/ever?

Yes, when I release it.

In other news:

In other news:

Now that looks exellent, Nicely done :)

Can it also be used to place lights for the sides of roads and paths ?

Can it also be used to place lights for the sides of roads and paths ?

Sure, it can place any object composition you wish. You can specify a fixed position or a random position for every object. You can also set a chance and a "repeat" value for every object.

You can place groups of bushes and trees, quickly draw an alley, add delineator to your road (with the correct rotation in respect to the road), place your light, draw (straight or curved) fences, place a nice sidewalk or just throw some random trash on your terrain.

Im also experimenting with conditions, so in theorie one could create an advanced brush, that can "analyse" the sourrounding, check for collisions and stuff...

And the best part: When you create a brush, you can share it with the Map Builder community!

you should setup something on the map builder website for donations for your hard work.. since from what ive seen i feel you deserve something for your hard work and sharing it with the community.

you should setup something on the map builder website for donations for your hard work.. since from what ive seen i feel you deserve something for your hard work and sharing it with the community.

Despite beeing a poor student I don't really like the idea of collecting donations. Maybe I will accept them when MB is in version 1.0 and not alpha anymore. But my first priority is (and will ever be) to deliver something that aids the community in creating new awesome terrains and mission.

*Buldozer

Yes, when I release it.

In other news:

Very much looking forward to using that tool , will help a lot on Roads for sure !

Great effort !

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

If possible could you have another Key bind to lower / raise things faster , example to place a Big rock down into the ground a long way as most racks are sunken a long way down - it does take a very very long time with the current Ctrl + Lmb ( this is great for small placements but not to lower a long way !)

Hope that makes sense :)

If possible could you have another Key bind to lower / raise things faster , example to place a Big rock down into the ground a long way as most racks are sunken a long way down - it does take a very very long time with the current Ctrl + Lmb ( this is great for small placements but not to lower a long way !)

Jep, thats already planned.

Despite beeing a poor student I don't really like the idea of collecting donations. Maybe I will accept them when MB is in version 1.0 and not alpha anymore. But my first priority is (and will ever be) to deliver something that aids the community in creating new awesome terrains and mission.

Nothing wrong with people who appreciate your work wanting to buy you a beer :)

I know when i get to the stage of placing objects i'll throw some beer tokens your way, stick a donation link in your sig, I have no problem supporting authors.

Jep, thats already planned.

Nice one !

I am still getting a lot of A3 Crash to desktop when selecting walls mainly - not sure if anyone else is having that issue ?

Did a full reinstall of the Add-on and also a clean Mission file but still crashing to desktop.

Very strange

I already removed some A2 Fences/Walls because I got also crashed (not only in Map Builder but when creating those via script too).

But the good news: The next AiA TP will probably have direct Map Builder support without the need of additional editor upgrades.

I already removed some A2 Fences/Walls because I got also crashed (not only in Map Builder but when creating those via script too).

But the good news: The next AiA TP will probably have direct Map Builder support without the need of additional editor upgrades.

Strange thing is i am not using AiA and not using the A1,A2 upgrades - so just using the standard A3 objects.

Placing them fine in TB & Bulldozer , but crash to Desktop using MB.. it happens as soon as I click onto the object from the list -when it display's the object (I do not even get past this stage as it crashes before i try and place it)

Strange thing is i am not using AiA and not using the A1,A2 upgrades - so just using the standard A3 objects.

Placing them fine in TB & Bulldozer , but crash to Desktop using MB.. it happens as soon as I click onto the object from the list -when it display's the object (I do not even get past this stage as it crashes before i try and place it)

Try creating them by script in the A3 debug console. The classname is behind the name in MB.

_obj = "classname" createbehicle getpos player;

OK not the news you wanted - they spawn fine in editor

_obj = "wired_fence_8md_f" createvehicle getpos player;

select the same object and A3 crashes :(

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

Ah! It might have something to do with the transparency of the fence... I will look into it!

You may fix the changelog ;)

Hi !

First of all, thank you for this great tool ;)

I have a little problem when i import objects from the mapBuilder to TerrainBuilder. Objects are "misplaced".

Here are two screenshots, One in the mapBuilder, the other in TerrainBuilder, using the "TBExport" from mapbuilder.

//MAPBUILDER//

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-fr0rkPVKmKWHlZcVNGNE9PaHc/view?usp=sharing

//TERRAIN BUILDER//

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-fr0rkPVKmKT29xR0Z3WDljR3c/view?usp=sharing

Thank you.

Hi !

First of all, thank you for this great tool ;)

I have a little problem when i import objects from the mapBuilder to TerrainBuilder. Objects are "misplaced".

Here are two screenshots, One in the mapBuilder, the other in TerrainBuilder, using the "TBExport" from mapbuilder.

Can you upload your .mbp project file and exported .txt for me?