NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

when i tried to place a road object or what ever my arma 3 crashed

There are objects in Arma that can't be placed. When the objects was under the "Library"-tab, please tell me the name of the object. If it was under "Config": That is (probably) not my fault, the addon containing the road is misconfigured.

Use the "Config"-Tab with caution.

One suggestion if possible > add random size - would be good for veg and rock placements

Possible (and already in the code, but not the UI), but it can't be visualized in ArmA3 directly. There is (sadly) no scaling for objects.

But I will add a "Scale" option nevertheless.

you could try to visualize it by scaling the 'boundingbox visualisation' that you have, one could guess how big the object should be while scaling.

you could try to visualize it by scaling the 'boundingbox visualisation' that you have, one could guess how big the object should be while scaling.

That's is what I will try to do. But there won't be any direct mouse scaling. I will implement a "object inspector" where you can edit an objects properties like position, pitch, bank , yaw and scale. That should be a reasonable compromise.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

how about using sliders next to the input fields, and with direct result while sliding around?

awsome anyways, keep it up!

how about using sliders next to the input fields, and with direct result while sliding around?

awsome anyways, keep it up!

As I said, it is only an early version. Sliders and some switches will come before next release.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Update time! Here is version 0.7.1. Despite the small version number increament this update features some need stuff, like a new UI window handling, viewport, camera and callback/event system. But there are also updates for fencer and the library. Also Map Builder is now able to check if it is up to date!

Download: Map Builder 0.7.1

Changelog:

Version 0.7.1 Alpha

• Added: New Event/Callback system.
  • Reworked UI (Grid system, moveable windows, etc).
  • Merged object manipulation to new callbacks and viewport.
  • Added: New Viewport mouse handling.
  • Fixed: Orientationreset is now applied instantly.
  • Readded terrain aligment.
  • Added: Terrain aligment in fencer.
  • Updated DLLs.
  • Added: First iteration of object inspector.
  • Added: Select all used object of a specific type in inspector.
  • Fixed: An object can only be selected once at a time.
  • Fixed: Rotation in 3D preview.
  • Added version checking.
  • Added: New UI functions in Fencer.
  • Added: Fast move and freelook (spacebar).
  • Added: 3 different Fencer height placement modes.
  • Moved Heightadjustment to Ctrl (was Shift).
  • Fixed: Bug in Rectangular selection, when drag ended outside the viewport.

Freelook is now at spacebar!

Edited by NeoArmageddon

could be me but just done the update and a soon as i select a object A3 crashes to Desktop

Very strange its looks like it is Wired Fences that are crashing it - as just tested and not crashed with others Objects

Mods: @MapBuilder
Extensions:
 MB_Helper (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@MapBuilder\MB_Helper.dll)
Distribution: 0
Version 1.40.129533
Fault time: 2015/03/16 19:01:54
Fault address:  00FC1696 01:00D60696 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     MapBuilder
world:    Kapaulio
Prev. code bytes: 04 00 CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC 53 8B D9 56 33 F6
Fault code bytes: 39 B3 A4 00 00 00 7E 24 57 33 FF 8B 83 A0 00 00

Registers:
EAX:025EF060 EBX:00000000
ECX:00000000 EDX:00002A00
ESI:00000000 EDI:6E328800
CS:EIP:0023:00FC1696
SS:ESP:002B:025EF048  EBP:00000000
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010246

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

could be me but just done the update and a soon as i select a object A3 crashes to Desktop

Very strange its looks like it is Wired Fences that are crashing it - as just tested and not crashed with others Objects

Works for me. Have you copied all new files over? Especially the new and updated .dll files?

Yep just tried again - (removed last version completly), but must be something going wrong my end as i cannot even raise/lower any Object either.

Ill try again tomorrow after a shut-down and restart A3 might decide to play ball then :)

Yep just tried again - (removed last version completly), but must be something going wrong my end as i cannot even raise/lower any Object either.

Raise and lower is now on CTRL + LMB

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Is there a way to rotate the camera around? The Alt key isn't working, it just speeds up the camera.

Disregard this, just saw the post like 3 up from this.

Edited by Fallout_12

Sorry for the confusion. I updated the first post with the new controls/commands.

There will be a full manual in the future.

I uploaded 0.7.2 with a small fix in the SQM export function:

Download: Map Builder 0.7.2

Thanks for this amazing tool. I created a thread about it here : http://altisdev.com/index.php?/topic/3543-3d-editor-map-builder.

Yeah i'm french but whatever, i like your addon ! :)

Please remember to push the update (0.7.2) on Armaholic website. It might be confusing.

Btw, I would like you to add this feature : An object group system, just like the used objects window you just implemented. Well the same thing with user defined groups (I think you already planned that but yeah... Just checking)

Thanks again,

You're doing an amazing work !

Your french fan,

Harmdhast

ps: sorry i'm not speaking english very well :p

What interface size do you use? I've tried normal and large at 16:9 1600x900 and the UI is still cropped.

16846733212_bd99bf2a77_z.jpg

Selecting already placed objects is extremely difficult compare to how easy it was in v0.6 alpha. The Ctrl+LMB for height was more responsive when it was LMB+RMB. It now takes meany mouse slides to get the desired height.

Although the new Fencing feature is outstanding along with the drop down objects list.

Edited by Santa Six

I have spawned in a large amount of soldiers, but they are showing up as an "Empty" faction. Is there anyway i can make them blufor?

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What interface size do you use? I've tried normal and large at 16:9 1600x900 and the UI is still cropped.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7284/16846733212_bd99bf2a77_z.jpg

I use small size. Look like the text is too large, I will tweak that a little bit. Thanks for the screenshot :D

Selecting already placed objects is extremely difficult compare to how easy it was in v0.6 alpha. The Ctrl+LMB for height was more responsive when it was LMB+RMB. It now takes meany mouse slides to get the desired height.

Nothing changed with selecting objects?!? Also the change in height adjustment has nothing to do with the new keybinding, I just made it slower for better positioning, as I thought that in most cases you don't want to move objects (mostly buildings and plants) more than a few meter height. But I will look into both!

Although the new Fencing feature is outstanding along with the drop down objects list.

Thanks, there is more to come!

I have spawned in a large amount of soldiers, but they are showing up as an "Empty" faction. Is there anyway i can make them blufor?

Map Builder is not intended for placing units. That is what Zeus is for (and it does a splendid job in placing units).

Map Builder is for placing static objects and creating places, bases and compositions.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

i tried mapbuilder, 1 question:

Do the trees, and vegetation in general, keep the gpu animation?

Do the trees, and vegetation in general, keep the gpu animation?

What do you mean with GPU animation? Most objects are not animated when placing in Map Builder, but they will be when reimported to TB (like the windturbines and swinging trees).

you are right, i wrote bad ;)

in some engines is called gpu animation like idtech 3

i mean the wind animations on vegetations

Edited by Zukov