NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

The problem with HeliDLC should be easy to fix with getObjectDLC

Just check objects before putting them in selectionlist and remove all with heliDLC appid

just need to learn which appID.

think i will make a script to run on all my projectsaves to remove all helidlc obj before export

think i will make a script to run on all my projectsaves to remove all helidlc obj before export

Better add that script to mb_fnc_export in mb_exportFunctions.sqf.

Then you could submit your changes as patch to Github.

P.S. My 666 post:m::y::slayer:

yea, could do that but since this would only be a temporary fixa for me not to rebuild all projects its easier to have a separate script run by an addaction or something, the correct way to solve is as you stated to make the objects unavailable in the mapbuilder interface. :slayer3:

Edit: Made a quick and dirty script to remove HeliDLC obj placed on map. I run it from a repeatable radiotrigger

cleanexport.sqf

//Remove-all-HeliDLC-objects-from-map-script
//by subroc
//_appID == 304380 is HeliDLC
_list = allMissionObjects "Static";
_count = count _list;
_turn = 0;
_removed = 0;
{
_turn = _turn + 1;
_appID = getObjectDLC _x; 
if (_appID == 304380) then { 
	deletevehicle _x;
	_removed = _removed + 1;
	diag_log format ["Removed: %1", typeOf _x ];
	player globalchat format ["Removed: %1", typeOf _x ];
};
hintsilent format ["Checked %1 of %2 obj",_turn,_count];
sleep 0.1;
} foreach _list;
sleep 5;
hint format ["%1 objects removed", _removed];

Might expand this to also remove vehicles and men accidently placed on map

Edit2:

oh, the script is free for all to use, alter, copy, print or show to you mommy, all i need is some credit :D

Edited by subroc
updated script

You can just iterate over allMissionObjects "Static". That should be much faster and you don't have to enter the mapsize.

Hi, i have used your Map Builder to create my mission, i uploaded the mission and your mod into my server but since i dont have any keys i cannot join, how do i fix this? What do i have to do to be able to use all the objects i placed using your Map Builder?

http://imgur.com/a/9mHlt

This is the scenario i created, is there any specific objects related to Map Builder that requires the addon active in order to be used? Or did i just put down something i shouldn't have?

If i run the scenario without @MapBuilder activated this is what comes up.

http://i.imgur.com/UQH3FCq.jpg

I thought MapBuilder would activate all "hidden" Objects from Vanilla A3 and AiA (in this case)

ps: Amazing tool! I just want to run my scenario on my server since i had alot of work doing it ^^

Edited by Ricardo92

I thought MapBuilder would activate all "hidden" Objects from Vanilla A3 and AiA (in this case)

Yes, it does. But it also adds new objects that only exists as p3d's for terrain creation (like houses and plants).

If you want to use the mission without the MapBuilder dependency, you are only allowed to add addons that are NOT tagged with "(MB)" or from one of the A1/A2/A3 category. Those objects are all delivered by the MB addon.

If the server is owned by you, you can always sign addons yourself (creating your own key). A official key will be released, when MB is not in Alpha state anymore.

Ah Alright thanks! I actually have tried to create a key myself, all tho didnt work either, maybe i did it wrong but thanks for the info! :)

Today I finally finished the transition to the new object handling system and implemented MB's own network synchronisation code.

Multiplayer-Test worked quite well:

Cool nice work will v0.7 be out soon ?

Hope so! You can check out the progress at the 0.7-GithHub-Branch: https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/MapBuilder/tree/1.7

I have still two or three bugs to fix (especially TB export) and want to implement one new feature and when it's tested enough, I will prepare a new release.

Here is a preview/RC of the 0.7 update. It is not tested and might be unstable. I don't take responsibility for any damage/crash/dataloss/burning pets. Backup your project files!

Map Builder 0.7 Preview2

0.7 Changelog (so far):

Fixed a typo preventing the exportmenu to be opened.
Versionnumber increased.
Added: A2 object definitions (AiA) by courtesy of MemphisBelle.
Renamed A3 editor defines to distinguish between A3 and A2 packs (and later A1).
Changed how library reads objects and their classes (only classes with objects are stored).
Moved mapbuilder_filter to cfgVehicleClasses (makes more sense).
Fixed: Exact height gets corrupted at low values (e-factor).
Fixed: Exact height is unreliable when negative.
Fixed: Quotes in SQF export.
Added: A1 Objects.
Disabled autosave temporary.
Changed: General object handling (more stable and versatile).
Added: Custom MP synchronisation.
Added: "Used objects"-library.
Changed: MB-action menu is now waiting for the initialization.
Fixed: Selection is now cleared on deselect.
Changed: Object movement is now handled on a relative, per-loop system (like other movements too) (experimental).
Fixed: Gimbal-locks and rotation.
Added: MB is now Scruffy-hardened (I hope so).
Added: Classname behind all library objects.
Added: Objects without displayname are now skipped.
Added: A3 LoadingScreen to accelerate load/save time.
Added: 3D preview of Library-objects.
Changed minimal scope to 2 for objects to get listed.
Objects must have a model to be listed.
Camera is now updated before config access to prevent a jump in the camera.
Project window can now be toggled by Project-Button.
Cleanup of dialog functions.
Added: General defines for ControlGroups.
Added: Function to calculate DirAndUpVector without applying vector to an actual object.
Added: Presets.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

0.7 Changelog (so far):

Added: MB is now Scruffy-hardened (I hope so).

You wish! :blues:

Hey there! Do you think you could add a 'handle' to objects that have been placed, like the way Zeus does it when you place an object? By handle, I mean an icon you can click on the object which guarantees you will select it. Selecting certain small/thin objects can be very very frustrating, such as barbed wire, where there is some amount of guess work that goes into finding its hit box. Not only that, but when said objects are elevated, their hitboxes are even more challenging to find for whatever reason. If we had a 'handle' showing exactly where to click to select them, it would be superb! I also have a bug report, when using your fencer tool on an elevation above the ground (I.e. top of a building) the duplicated object is placed on the ground instead of next to the original. Currently I'm trying to make a fortified base on one of the construction sites of Chernarus, and so far it has taken me a long time to try and place the sandbags on the roof areas.

Edited by 5harp5hot

Thanks for the feedback. The handle is a good idea. I had myself already some problems with objects without geolod.

I will add a "handle" tomorrow and also fix the missing height in Fencer.

Map Builder now has its own Skypegroup for support, discussion, feedback or general talk about your projects. Everybody is welcome:

MB Skypegroup

None of the doors work for any structure that I put down. Same goes for breaking glass etc. A1, A2 and A3.

Can i ask for a feature request ? can you do a repeat object button so bridges can be alligned perfectly please :)

None of the doors work for any structure that I put down. Same goes for breaking glass etc. A1, A2 and A3.

Yes, because they just have a simple config for placement. This won't affect doors, glass, doorbeels, etc when exporting to Terrain Builder.

If you really need such stuff working directly when placing, you can always fall back to default objects (aka Zeus objects) when looking under Config -> Structures. Those are the ones BI supplied.

Can i ask for a feature request ? can you do a repeat object button so bridges can be alligned perfectly please :)

Already in. Use Fencer. I the current build is a bug so the absolute height is not maintained.

Also bridges are better placed in TB by activating the "snapping/align" button.

I can not seem to figure out how to get it working. I didn't see any videos on how to get it set up. I think I have it installed correctly.

Already in. Use Fencer. I the current build is a bug so the absolute height is not maintained.

I have to correct that statement:

I can not seem to figure out how to get it working. I didn't see any videos on how to get it set up. I think I have it installed correctly.

What is your problem? You but the @MapBuilder folder in your ArmA3 directory and start it like every other mod. The MapBuilder.VR folder goes to your ArmA3 mission directory (in most cases, something like "Documents/ArmA3 -Other profiles folder/Nickname/Missions". Then you can load the MapBuilder mission in the ingame editor. If you want to work on another island, you change the "MapBuilder.VR" folder to "MapBuilder.WhatEverIslandYouWant".

Yes, because they just have a simple config for placement. This won't affect doors, glass, doorbeels, etc when exporting to Terrain Builder.

If you really need such stuff working directly when placing, you can always fall back to default objects (aka Zeus objects) when looking under Config -> Structures. Those are the ones BI supplied.

Does the snapping/align work in TB as I have never been able to get that to work ?

Great Update helps so much this and make it fun - unlike Buldozer where i lost my last strand of Hair :)

Does the snapping/align work in TB as I have never been able to get that to work ?

Yes, for most roads and bidges this works. Just activate the button with the little magnet on the top right and all supported models should snap together when you bring them near (in TB, not Buldozer).

Sadly the memory points for snapping get stripped off when binarizing.

Great Update helps so much this and make it fun - unlike Buldozer where i lost my last strand of Hair

Glad you like it. But I hope I can make it even more fun/handy in the future.

when i tried to place a road object or what ever my arma 3 crashed

I have to correct that statement:

Amazing work Neo, Just what i was after :)