NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

I just pushed a new commit to github with a better library sorting and the addition of an A2 editor object pack (by courtesy of the awesome MemphisBelle).

Thank you NeoArmageddon for this handy tool! It really makes Object Placement a lot easier than with Bulldozer.

I, however, still struggle with importing my creations into TB. For testing purposes I just placed down two hangars and exported it to TB. Then I went into TB created a libary containing the hangar object (TentHangar_V1_F) changed the file ending on the .txt to .tv4l and imported that into TB (Objects -> Layers -> Import Layer). But nothing happens. Where do I go wrong?

I tried this exact procedure with version 6.1 and 7.0

Btw. Either I was just blind or you forgot to include rocks and trees in your newest version on GIT :D

Are you serious? .... Damn I feel like an idiot now...

Worked like a charm many thanks 1PARA! :D

Guys,

I don't mean to compare or insult anyones work here at all, but is this a simillar tool to the X-CAM?

I'm asking out of pure curiosity as I'm not very knowledgeabke on this side of map making yet, but could someone let me know any differences between the two packages there may be please? I genuinely don't know the full extent of what these tools are capable of as I get "lost" in the many acronyms of the ARMAverse..!

Either way, it's looking damn fine and I'll continue to track its progress until it's time for me to start placing objects...! :)

The answer is simple ... the MapBuilder is already released, and the X-Cam not.

Good progress Neo :)

Silola

Is there anyway to disable autosave?

Yes, open mb_mainFunctions.sqf and set "MB_nextProjectAutosave" to -1. I will add a button for this ASAP.

Guys,

I don't mean to compare or insult anyones work here at all, but is this a simillar tool to the X-CAM?

Yes. X-Cam, MapBuilder, GranQ's SFP Map Editor and BIS upcomming 3DE share basically the same aim.

I started MapBuilder more than a year ago, when ZeroG and Bad Benson asked be about a ArmA3 3DE for ArmA3. I made some quick progress but when Silola posted first screens of X-Cam I stopped devloping and started with different project.

In october people of the terrain maker skypegroup asked me to continue with the project and I did.

Good progress Neo :)

Ahhhhh, ok..! I understand now thanks for the answers guys.

Suffice to say I'm glad you decided to continue with this..! :)

I am having an issue getting the files to load, exported the files as .sqf, after setting the files up and adding them to the mission folder I go into the editor and they wont load up.

So what and I missing here?

Even exported a single player mission, the objects still will not load.

Put this in the init.sqf;

nil = [] execVM "objects.sqf";

here is a objects.sqf test file;

//This file was generated by Map Builder

//To load this objects copy this script to your mission and put

// nil = [] execVM "objects.sqf";

//in your init.sqf or a trigger-activation.

private["_obj"];

_obj = "Land_File1_F" createvehicle ["5141.510742","7980.0200195","1.3213"];

_obj setposATL ["5141.510742","7980.0200195","1.3213"];

_obj setdir 115.074;

[_obj,0,0] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;

_obj = "Land_FilePhotos_F" createvehicle ["5141.550293","7980.799805","1.32283"];

_obj setposATL ["5141.550293","7980.799805","1.32283"];

_obj setdir 88.9;

[_obj,-0.689,-0.689] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;

_obj = "Land_Laptop_unfolded_F" createvehicle ["5141.29541","7980.571777","1.3223"];

_obj setposATL ["5141.29541","7980.571777","1.3223"];

_obj setdir 271.832;

[_obj,0,0] call BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;

Please load the newest version from Github or use the 0.6.1 release. The quotes in the exported file break the exec of the script, when you are using RC1.

Please load the newest version from Github or use the 0.6.1 release. The quotes in the exported file break the exec of the script, when you are using RC1.

Ok thanks, FYI I got my download from ArmaHolic today.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

FYI, the version from the Github will not export at all get the error "exported to Error, file can not be opened"

Make sure to restart Arma and overwrite the MB_FileIO.dll.

Still same error, with the version from Gethub. Did a wipe of every thing and started over.

Sorry new to this, but I'm working on a wasteland map and all of the base objects are movable since there is base building in the mission. My question is, is there a way to add a init setting in the sqf _obj set?? because when I use the sqm, all the base part follow the terrain and they are all over the place and not level. Also I want to place a flag and change the flag texture, which I know how to in the mission editor, but the sqf files are set up different

Thanks and great work!!

Still same error, with the version from Gethub. Did a wipe of every thing and started over.

Mmmhhh... works for me. Will have a look when I am back home (Thursday).

@S0l0knight Not yet in the UI. But you could iterate through all static objects at missionstart.

I have work through most of the static with _obj setVariable but win the mission loads It seems to duplicate some but not all of the objects on the map (Using the latest github)

Update: I seem to have fixed it ;-)

Edited by S0l0knight

having som trouble with importing from mapbuilder to terrainbuilder. I get error "wrong file format or source template not found"

the exportfile from mapbuilder is a plain .txt and it puts some houses on the map so i guess the problem is missing stuff in my templatelibrary, but i have to be sure all arma3 pbos in terrainbuilder (5280 obj) what could be wrong or does anyone have a good tml file to share?

@subroc: Check if you placed some objects of the Helicopter DLC. Ran into similiar problems and they could always be traced to one or two objects which are not yet accessible to us.

A list of all the Helicopter DLCs objects can be found here.

Hope that helps! ;)

Thanks. Ok, so does that include all the objects mentioned in the spotrep for ex: "Added: Refrigerator"? because then i have a serous problem. I´ve put furniture all my houses with most of the objects mentioned there, if so the simplest for me would be to redo all house placing.

I'm afraid it does. At some point in time, the Heli EBO should be re-released as PBO at which point we will have access to it. That is if Bohemia sticks to that statement, they did do it with the Karts DLC.

You don't necessarily need to redo the house placing, you can clean the .txt file of the references and keep a backup copy to use when the PBO becomes available. The cleaning can be automated if there's a lot of them, I can help you with that if you like.

ok, that makes sense, should be fairly easy to remove them from the export file with notepad++

Yes, unfortunatly some objects in A3 can be placed but not be used in TB.

I put a note on my ToDo-list to add a special category for "mission only" objects.