NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

Great Release may thanks this will help !

Just a quick Q when i look down the list of Object i am not seeing All objects just a few ?

I.e Structures ( Villages) is empty

i only see a few Objects ?

* Also , would it be possible to then make these objects that have been placed Editable by Zeus ?

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

I.e Structures ( Villages) is empty

That's because I only read objects from config that have scope >=1 and no restricted access. A editor upgrade addon should allow the placement of more/all objects.

I am also working on a "better" objectlist with managed objects.

Hi Neo!!!

excellent job, big times saving for missions makers, i 've waiting for this since long time.The future plans are very promising.....the most needed, in my opinion, is the ability to save the entire project one's and for all, directly in the mission editor.

Thank for your very nice work, cheers mate!!!

This is awesome work neo.

Quick one from me, from the multitude of satmaps I have and empty terrains with masks ect, is it the idea at least from the map making side, that I can fire these up ingame along side your tool, place my objects (custom as well?) (also roads, I hate doing roads) there when I am complete I can save, then export over to visitor, and aside from configs and the such my placement side of things should be complete? At least is that the idea once you get this to the level you would like?

Thanks

Jeza

Quick one from me, from the multitude of satmaps I have and empty terrains with masks ect, is it the idea at least from the map making side, that I can fire these up ingame along side your tool, place my objects (custom as well?) (also roads, I hate doing roads) there when I am complete I can save, then export over to visitor, and aside from configs and the such my placement side of things should be complete? At least is that the idea once you get this to the level you would like?

Yes, that is basically what I want to archieve (except roads, but maybe I can add this down the road too?).

The intended workflow is like this: Create terrain and satmaps (maybe mask too), place some roads in TB, export to ArmA, start Map Builder, Place stuff, export, reimport in Terrain Builder, export again, have a complete map ;D

EDIT:

First post updated with version 0.4 Alpha.

Now with own FileIO and thus direct file-export!

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Yes, that is basically what I want to archieve (except roads, but maybe I can add this down the road too?).

The intended workflow is like this: Create terrain and satmaps (maybe mask too), place some roads in TB, export to ArmA, start Map Builder, Place stuff, export, reimport in Terrain Builder, export again, have a complete map ;D

EDIT:

First post updated with version 0.4 Alpha.

Now with own FileIO and thus direct file-export!

Excellent I was hoping so!

And AHolic Informed, will be up shortly.

And AHolic Informed, will be up shortly.

I hope Foxhound doesn't want to keep pace with my updates. I plan to update this serveral times a week.

I hope Foxhound doesn't want to keep pace with my updates. I plan to update this serveral times a week.

Omg. Omg. I'm in heaven. I'm in heaven

I've found a bug that makes Arma 3 crash to desktop.

Load up the mission, activate the editor. Select Objects [Flags] and pick the first one in the list, FlagCarrierCore. Double click to place it and Arma wil CTD. It's probably because it's the baseclass so there's bound to be more of them.

Load up the mission, activate the editor. Select Objects [Flags] and pick the first one in the list, FlagCarrierCore. Double click to place it and Arma wil CTD. It's probably because it's the baseclass so there's bound to be more of them.

The config reading will be disabled, when I have a complete list of all placeable files. But thanks for your feedback.

Actually, I just went through the entire list and I didn't notice any others so it might be enough to just exclude FlagCarrierCore.

I found some other behaviour which is quite cool. When you're moving the camera around with WASD, click on an item in the list.

If you let go of the camera controls at the same time, you'll keep moving in the direction you were going automatically. I only tested it going forward and backward but when you press A or D while it's in auto-mode it will move to the left or right accordingly.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I found some other behaviour which is quite cool. When you're moving the camera around with WASD, click on an item in the list.

If you let go of the camera controls at the same time, you'll keep moving in the direction you were going automatically. I only tested it going forward and backward but when you press A or D while it's in auto-mode it will move to the left or right accordingly.

Same goes for tabbing out of the game and back in. Release events are not tracked if a dialog/control does not have focus.

Loving the editor. Can we expect support for placing Arma 2 models loaded through mods such as AiA Terrain Pack?

Loving the editor. Can we expect support for placing Arma 2 models loaded through mods such as AiA Terrain Pack?

Just download a editorupgrade of your choice that allows the placement of A2-objects in the vanilla 2d-editor. All objects placeable there, are also placeable in Map Builder.

Some Links:

A2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19650

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?109362-AS-Editor-Updates

A3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164996-CJTF101-s-EDITOR-v1-1

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166895-ZGM-Arma-3-Terrain-Editing-Suite

its superb very very good job and thanks for giving it to us differently from other modders that just show off...i love that its precise very simple and useful . I hope you will add the save|load stuff because till now its impossible to stop a mission and continue it later. i wanted to know if there were a way to simply save the placed object via script it would be really cool...anyway thanks bro

I hope you will add the save|load stuff because till now its impossible to stop a mission and continue it later

I am working on saving and loading. I hope to get this out this weekend or early next week.

I cant wait to see import to SQM support. This is an amazing editor and I would love to use it for my Altis life server map to make it more unique and add more design to central areas. I can see myself spending long amounts of hours toying with this and letting my imagination go wild.

Frontpage updatet with version 0.5 alpha.

Changelog:

• Changed: Objects have now simulation disabled again.
  • Added: Project managment (Save/Load/Merge).
  • Added: Exports can now be named.
  • Added: SQF-Script export (this is for the mission makers).
  • Added: Editorupgrade by CypeRevenge. Plants and Rocks out of the box!

Hope you all like this. And special thanks to CypeRevenge for his editor upgrade he allowed me to bundle with Map Builder. He plans continue updating it.

Please note: The project format may change in the future which could break compatibility between future versions of Map Builder. Export your objects often! And you can always use an older version of Map Builder.

I dont know if this is a bug, or as intended, but I was messing with the particle emitters, and once placed, its not something you can move, nor delete if placed wrong.

Just some heads up. Hopefully some undo or ability to remove emitters if places accidentally or in the wrong locations.

I dont know if this is a bug, or as intended, but I was messing with the particle emitters, and once placed, its not something you can move, nor delete if placed wrong.

Such objects will be removed in the future.

So far better stay with placing objects and vehicles only

Edited by NeoArmageddon

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@neo is it possible to have this editor for IRON Front A3 maps? ;)

but...but...neo....I LOVE YOUUUUU ahahah bro ur simple amazing your work is AWSOME THANKS THANKS THAAANKSSS ! in my opinion this is a complete mod but i hope you will add little pieces here and there but reaaally an awsome work. Fantastic. Amazing. Thanks. ;D

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

i just minded something...it would be really awsome if you could add roads it would be really awsome...i dont remember the name but there should be a mod where you could place roads but i dont remeber names damn...