Sign in to follow this  
jakers12

How do I make a straight column?

I want to make a simple ,,parade like,, column,but whenever I put a column,no matter what option I choose,the safe/aware thing,speed/staggered/compact column,the soldiers walk correct for a meter,then one decides to step out and then it looks like a triangle,instead of just a simple line,the only solution I found is to put for example 10 soldiers,1 meter apart one after another and give them all a straight line waypoint to walk in front,one for each 10 of them,is there any other way? Also is there a way to do it with vehicles,specially tanks,etc? Whenever I want tanks to drive on roads,one after another (like cars) they just decide to go over the fences,houses and so on,instead of following the road. (I would prefer something that doesn't include any scripting,but its not a problem if there is a little of it)

Vanilla AI is not that good following paths...expecially if they are driving !!

I would try with a mod to enhance AI, but not sure. I use column formation sometimes and they never given much problems, expecially if we are just walking (parade like). But it also depends on terrain: if they find a particular terrain and some team mates become slower or faster they could start to run to remain in formation. I personally used only this...perhaps it will help.

I tried making some columns today,just for a few minutes and I think that I've got it,at least with vehicles,I put -careless -column compact -normal speed and -never fire (not sure if the last one affects anything,but it doesn't matter) and I managed to make a 8+ column with trucks,a smaller one with tanks,but a tank&truck column doesn't work.