nicklomas

How do i stop the AI running over friendly units?

Does anyone know how to stop the AI from running over my own men? Like a lot of things in the game this is absurd. It makes having a vehicle in your unit dangerous let alone trying to board one and removes the ability to have combined arms battles.

I'm shocked that a year and a half after the release of the game this is not fixed. I know BIS are busy fixing the monumental mountain of errors in the game now that 'all' the 'content' is done.

It's not like they are moving at speed either and seem to fall when they get brushed by a vehicle!

Change your squad formation to the ones with more spread out positions, like Line or Vee (Echelon Right/Left don't seem to work well though) and avoid the compact formations like Column unless you're in a vehicle as well, since these tend to make the drivers constantly shift position and end up turning half your squad into roadkill most of the time.

Or you can just assign the vehicle crew their own team colour and issue them commands separately.

i use headshots. works great for me.

Shoot the driver, stop the car.

Use rabbits.

The drivers will roll over mates, but not over rabbits (true!).

I'm sorry for necro, but this issue show up again lately, I always used liability insurance from Rydygier and it used to work pretty well, but now it seems not working. Did latest Arma patch changed something in this case? Killing teammates is one of most annoying thing in Arma, and now the nightmare come again :dozingoff:

And yet nothing is done BIS side to solve this.  AI should run away from a vehicle (self preservation) and drivers should not try to model themselves on Mad Max.  Surely one extra thing added to the behviour FSM for troops.drivers would be the solution ?

I agree, but that script made by Rydygier was quite good to this moment, AI were just fell over without loosing health. I wonder why this is not working anymore... also i don't see how to solve this in other way, side-jumping soldiers would be ridiculous.

Lately I'm not up to date with changes in Arma (gently speaking), but I just ran quick LI test with me as Hunter's driver against NATO nad CSAT infantry, and all works fine here - I can ram NATO soldiers as many times, as I wish, and they always get up looking unharmed, while CSAT is "killed to death" after 1-2 hits. 

If it happens when you disembark as squad leader , tell the driver to Stop. They will try to maintain formation with you (you on foot, they in vehicle) which rarely goes well

On 26.09.2017 at 11:13 PM, Rydygier said:

Lately I'm not up to date with changes in Arma (gently speaking), but I just ran quick LI test with me as Hunter's driver against NATO nad CSAT infantry, and all works fine here - I can ram NATO soldiers as many times, as I wish, and they always get up looking unharmed, while CSAT is "killed to death" after 1-2 hits. 

Yep, You`re right, shame on me that i didn't test vanilla game without mods. Now I know that ACE mod is guilty for not working script, bad luck indeed. Thanks for your answer.