MGSR Mod

INFO

Requirements: Just vanilla Arma 3.

MGS and MGSV themed assets (MGS Remake Mod).
All assets are made from scratch, only visual reference is used to create the content. No 3d shapes, forms or textures are used from any copyrighted material.

Readme.

https://github.com/rebelvg/mgsr_mod/blob/master/README.md

Changelog.
Initial release - 0.1 (11.01.2015)

https://github.com/rebelvg/mgsr_mod/commits/master

Sources.

For educational purposes. Do not use the content in your works without our explicit permission.
https://github.com/rebelvg/mgsr_mod

SCREENSHOTS

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

CREDITS / THANKS

Rebel - configs, scripting.
Facel - 3d models, textures.
Shlomo - textures, icons.
Thanks to Kiory for his mlods. They are really helpful.
Thanks to BIS and BIKI and this forum for config tutorials and tutorials in general.

DOWNLOADS

Steam Workshop
Armaholic

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

how did I manage to miss that trailer? not much of a MGS fan but that trailer is so excellent makes me want to buy the game and play your mod. :D :D

I have a request: could you make an eyepatch for the left eye? Also just for giggles: double eyepatch!

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@rebelvb;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thank you Foxhound and kecharles28 for releasing my mod on your services. You guys are awesome.

I have a request: could you make an eyepatch for the left eye?

I actually thought about something like that. But since you're asking I'll make it for the next version of this mod.

Double eyepatch maybe a bit later.

Edited by rebelvg

Rebelvg, that MGS5 trailer remade was freaking awesome... and the haters on comments are just hilarious, those internet bread slackers are somewhat part of the fun... =P

Hope to see the animated horse, at least to some extend cus if I recall right, since OPF people try to make animated horses but none release, at least... the A2 cows and goats are animated thou, you could have used them to use some sorta "Kojima twisted humour" on your trailer lol

Another sugestion: have you tried to add, alongside the eyepatch, those metal shrapels Big Boss has after the botched rescue? I kinda missed them on your trailer... it could work as an helmet slot item!

And +1 to RobertHammer: MSF soldiers and maybe Diamond Dogs units too, pety pleeeease =)

Keep it up, cheers!

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Thank you guys for all your nice comments.

;2855110']Another sugestion: have you tried to add' date=' alongside the eyepatch, those metal shrapels Big Boss has after the botched rescue? I kinda missed them on your trailer... it could work as an helmet slot item![/quote']

My friend Shlomo actually tried to do that. Though at first I said to him we don't need it because I kinda knew we'll never make, it's too complex for our 3d editing skills. But we'll try it again a bit later maybe.

;2855110']And +1 to RobertHammer: MSF soldiers and maybe Diamond Dogs units too' date=' pety pleeeease =)[/quote']

That will require some patience from your side because of my modding skills. But I'll add it to my list of things-to-do.

Awesome release, love the MGS universe. Your work on the trailer was really great stuff, you remade the MGSV trailer in almost perfect detail. I've actually got a campaign in the works for an original MGS story, based within their timeline, in which I have sent you a PM about. This content will help greatly with bringing Snake to life, thanks again.

EDIT: By the way, I have some MSF and Diamond Dogs patches included in my pack which you could use for the soldiers in the video, if you would like.

Edited by Siege-A

Question: is the Snake's face in the trailer a custom thingy? I dont remember that face in A3. Having that face with would be cool. Even better would be some camo variants for that face, maybe same variants as this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27113

Question: is the Snake's face in the trailer a custom thingy? I dont remember that face in A3. Having that face with would be cool. Even better would be some camo variants for that face, maybe same variants as this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27113

Yes, this is a custom face and I will include it in the next version of the mod.

Camo variant is a nice idea. Will add that too.

Already loving it, the trailer was awesome! Can't wait for you to release that custom face, it'll be getting a lot of use from me. If only there was a way to put a mullet in Arma...

My only question, why is the mod called MGSR? Maybe I missed some information somewhere, but this is a MGSV mod, not a Rising mod. Just curious about the name, not saying it's wrong or that you should change it.

Love the work, keep it up!

Already loving it, the trailer was awesome! Can't wait for you to release that custom face, it'll be getting a lot of use from me. If only there was a way to put a mullet in Arma...

My only question, why is the mod called MGSR? Maybe I missed some information somewhere, but this is a MGSV mod, not a Rising mod. Just curious about the name, not saying it's wrong or that you should change it.

Love the work, keep it up!

The face is ready for the next version. I'll release it tomorrow or a few days after tomorrow.

Of course it's not Rising, it's just MGS Remake. Something like that. :)

As a 10+ years MGS fan,you made me crazy,man!

And I just have a idea,any chance to add a function to let the players add a headbag to there POW,I mean add a headbag to a unit you captured,that maybe useful in some specific missions.Maybe AGM can do such thing.

As a 10+ years MGS fan,you made me crazy,man!

And I just have a idea,any chance to add a function to let the players add a headbag to there POW,I mean add a headbag to a unit you captured,that maybe useful in some specific missions.Maybe AGM can do such thing.

Yes. It's in a future plans section. I'm not promising anything but I had that idea a long time ago. Will try to make it.

Yes. It's in a future plans section. I'm not promising anything but I had that idea a long time ago. Will try to make it.

Cool,and maybe you can discuss this with the AGM team and they may also interest in your mod.:)

Just make a feature request of this idea in Github of the AGM,and here's the link.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1950

Edited by JinougaF

Update is here, guys!

Changelog.

Added.

mgsr_beret - Diamond Dogs Beret.

mgsr_civ_01_uniform - Yellow Polo/Shorts.

mgsr_civ_02_uniform - Yellow Polo/Shorts with Blood.

mgsr_civ_03_uniform - Yellow Polo/Shorts with Bloody Stomach.

mgsr_snakeface - Snake Face.

mgsr_skullface - Skullface Face.

mgsr_snakeface_camo - Snake Face Camo.

Changed.

New textures and normal maps for headbag.

Screenshots.

scZLDPFl.jpg

kMjvIWnl.jpg

9ipYlYUl.jpgzoBZN56l.jpgfoAKAoOl.jpgKhB0U8Ol.jpg

Download.

@mgsr_mod_0.2

Eyepatch for the left eye is coming later.

Edited by rebelvg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Will there be any custom Snake-style uniforms? Retextures maybe?