sttosin

St_KillShotCam Mod

Ever wanted to see the enemy AI you shot go down up close without a camera following every bullet you shoot but just that kill shot? Well, you are in luck as this mod does just that :bounce3:.

This will only work in SP. Suggestions and feedback welcomed.

Requires CBA_A3.

It does the following:
1. It moves the focus to the enemy as they take the kill shot from the player and also works when player is gunner.
2. It does the same if the enemy is the last one on the map regardless of who took the shot.
3. Temporarily prevents player death during camera shot.

It is designed and tested only for single player.
I am pretty sure setAccTime will not work in multiplayer.

Checkout this video to see (1) in action:

Checkout my East to West Mission for more fun use of camera during gameplay:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187131-SP-West-to-East-Mission-by-StTosin&p=2848023#post2848023

Thanks to CosmiC10R and Mikey74 for their help with this code.

Dropbox Download (Guaranteed Latest Version Here):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xghmf3jkveud0r/%40St_KillShotCam_09052015.zip?dl=0

Future plans
1. Randomization of camera angles
2. Add a userconfig to do:

a. Allow only on sniper riffles
b. Set activation to random and not every kill shot
c. Set activation distance
d. Perform bullet tracking on sniper riffles always

Thanks Rydygier for some tips on how to accomplish 3a. and RedArmy for suggestions in future plan.

Edited by sttosin
  • Like 1

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@sttosin;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/9cf45884-0a22-457f-9e64-f5727f18fc9b/logos/banner-420x120.png

@sttosin;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks withSix support team. That was fast!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I like this a lot, something cool to mess around with in the Editor. Much appreciated sttosin,

all we need know is really good ragdoll mod to go along with this. :)

What's the weapon mod you're using in the video? RHS?

Yes RHS. That was the 0.3 version. I honestly can't tell you the weapon as it was so many Arma hours away. US armed forces, Army woodland, rifleman...I think

I like this a lot, something cool to mess around with in the Editor. Much appreciated sttosin,

all we need know is really good ragdoll mod to go along with this. :)

Thanks. There are some nice ragdoll mods out there (Improved ragdoll mod, TPW, opticalsnare physics, zoolo75, other?). Vanilla has improved quite a bit. People are blown away sometimes seeing vanilla ragdoll in action.

Checkout 2:40 of this video. That was vanilla ragdoll.

Edited by sttosin

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Thanks Foxhound!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cool mod, what would it look like if theres was a split second delay before impact, it kinda feels like i missed something as the animation starts on the impact? if you get what im meaning.

Cheers!

edit: Actually when i think about it i guess its not a recording and it plays in real time, all good.

Edited by Katipo66

Cool mod, what would it look like if theres was a split second delay before impact, it kinda feels like i missed something as the animation starts on the impact? if you get what im meaning.

Cheers!

edit: Actually when i think about it i guess its not a recording and it plays in real time, all good.

You are correct sir.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

New Version available on front page.

Changelog

- Cam at night is now in night vision mode or if using night vision goggles - Thanks Cosmic10R for suggestion and writing the code!

- Player wont take damage when in vehicle during camera time

- Increased "safe time" from 5 secs to 10 secs.

Edited by sttosin

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

For those wondering what chained together kills by an attack helicopter will look like with the mod...well wonder no more:

Hello sttosin,

Thank you for making this mod. It looks very intriguing, and I spent an hour today trying to get it to work, but with no success.

I have a lot of mods installed. I removed some, such as ALiVE, and placed others in different orders by altering the game's startup properties.

I'm frustrated at not being able to determine if it's a mod that's interfering with the mod's proper functioning, or was Arma 3 updated since the mod was last updated, or...?

Do you know if there are some mods that will cause your mod to not function? If so, could you list them here? Is there a particular position it should have in Arma's properties, or...?

There's a part of me that wonders if the TPW-MODS-v20150222 is playing a role in this, which would be a shame, if so.

I also tried installing another mod today, which is also failing, a suppression-effects mod, found here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25415#comments Perhaps the issues that these two mods are having are related and/or impacted by a game update and/or mod?

Any detailed help directed my way would be greatly appreciated!

Hello sttosin,

Thank you for making this mod. It looks very intriguing, and I spent an hour today trying to get it to work, but with no success.

I have a lot of mods installed. I removed some, such as ALiVE, and placed others in different orders by altering the game's startup properties.

I'm frustrated at not being able to determine if it's a mod that's interfering with the mod's proper functioning, or was Arma 3 updated since the mod was last updated, or...?

Do you know if there are some mods that will cause your mod to not function? If so, could you list them here? Is there a particular position it should have in Arma's properties, or...?

There's a part of me that wonders if the TPW-MODS-v20150222 is playing a role in this, which would be a shame, if so.

I also tried installing another mod today, which is also failing, a suppression-effects mod, found here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25415#comments Perhaps the issues that these two mods are having are related and/or impacted by a game update and/or mod?

Any detailed help directed my way would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the feedback @Kyle_K_ski. Do you have CBA_A3 also running?

It is required.

I have not tested since update.

Order should not matter at all.

Not aware of any conflicts

Try loading with just the one mod + CBA_A3 to test.

Your advice worked. Thank you for it - it works as advertised, which is a very good thing! :bounce3:

I've been steadily adding more mods, and I'm about halfway to where I was before it didn't work. If I locate the mod that's causing it to fail in-game, I'll let you know.

I hope that you won't mind a few suggestions in regards to potential updates.

Frequently, the camera views are completely blocked by walls or floors if the target is inside a building. Is there any way to have the camera detect whether or not the target is in a structure, and, if so, reposition itself so that we have an obstruction free view? Perhaps under such circumstances, the camera follows closely behind the round till it hits the target.

Supply a bindable keybind and/or Menu command to toggle the kill camera "On" and "Off" while the player is still in-game.

Supply bindable keybinds and/or Menu commands to select from different views, such as...

(1) The default view you now supply

(2) Closely behind the round - it would be nice if the player could pan the camera around the bullet as its speeding towards the target

(3) A camera angle whereby we can see the target up close, and in the distance, we can see the player who fired the fatal round

While I realize that this mod already temporarily slows down time, it would be nice if we also had the option to activate via a keybinding and/or Menu command a "Matrix" style bullet time, allowing us to slow time by 2, 4, 8 and 16. This option could be selected independently of the kill cam effects, and its bullet-time settings would automatically override the settings assigned to the kill cam effects.

Again, I want to thank you for your helping me, and for giving so much of your time and effort on behalf of the community.

Yours!

:)

Your advice worked. Thank you for it - it works as advertised, which is a very good thing! :bounce3:

I've been steadily adding more mods, and I'm about halfway to where I was before it didn't work. If I locate the mod that's causing it to fail in-game, I'll let you know.

I hope that you won't mind a few suggestions in regards to potential updates.

Frequently, the camera views are completely blocked by walls or floors if the target is inside a building. Is there any way to have the camera detect whether or not the target is in a structure, and, if so, reposition itself so that we have an obstruction free view? Perhaps under such circumstances, the camera follows closely behind the round till it hits the target.

Supply a bindable keybind and/or Menu command to toggle the kill camera "On" and "Off" while the player is still in-game.

Supply bindable keybinds and/or Menu commands to select from different views, such as...

(1) The default view you now supply

(2) Closely behind the round - it would be nice if the player could pan the camera around the bullet as its speeding towards the target

(3) A camera angle whereby we can see the target up close, and in the distance, we can see the player who fired the fatal round

While I realize that this mod already temporarily slows down time, it would be nice if we also had the option to activate via a keybinding and/or Menu command a "Matrix" style bullet time, allowing us to slow time by 2, 4, 8 and 16. This option could be selected independently of the kill cam effects, and its bullet-time settings would automatically override the settings assigned to the kill cam effects.

Again, I want to thank you for your helping me, and for giving so much of your time and effort on behalf of the community.

Yours!

:)

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately a lot of the suggestions are currently above my scripting skills atm :D

I have added a bit to it in my West to East Mission. Check it out on steam. Maps currently supported include Altis, Stratis, Sahrani, SMD Sahrani, Chernarus (Summer)....

I will think about your suggestions.

Hey sttosin, this mod is great, thanks for taking the time to make it.

Are you still planning on improvements?

I was wondering - can you increase the camera distance for vehicle kills?

At the moment the mod works great against infantry but, say, shoot down a helicopter and the camera is too close and we don't see the action properly :)

Thanks

Hey sttosin, this mod is great, thanks for taking the time to make it.

Are you still planning on improvements?

I was wondering - can you increase the camera distance for vehicle kills?

At the moment the mod works great against infantry but, say, shoot down a helicopter and the camera is too close and we don't see the action properly :)

Thanks

You mean like this?

Hey, yeah - that looks great!

Well done, I look forward to the next update and any more features you add in.

Edited by Gepanzert-Faust

Bigger, better, faster ,louder....f***ing love this mod, thanks for the update sttosin, much appreciated.  :D

• Like 1