austin_medic

[RELEASE] AUSMD Editing Tool

One'd think this had to ship in with default Arma 3, but no, nothing similar is in... Makes you think what kind of workflows BIS'

designers follow. Probably something even more comfortable... :D

They are for sure using some tools either made in house or stuff brought in from BISimulations.

ohhh I just d loaded , ... this look very interesting ... I see you wont be working on this it looks, for a bit.. but thank you for this tool ..

ok ... some things are a bit confusing for me , but I love it... very good ...

Edited by Dr Death JM

So I've had some time to return to this. I added in a couple of new things

RPT viewer does the obvious, makes accessing your .rpt logs through the program much easier.

I also fixed the help form so it actually functions now.

Also added in a structured text creator, making it easy to create complex text effects.

A drive selection setting is also now present to compliment RPT viewer and to make it work for people who might have awkward setups for their user profile which is where .rpt logs are held.

Dropbox link v1.9.0.0

Drag the application to the desktop and begin using. Drive selection will prompt you to set up on first start, then after you can change the selection under the question mark button. Not setting up the drive selection by clicking the X will cause RPT viewer to crash the program until you set it up.

2.0.0.0 Release

Added a file Header creator that will automatically add a basic header to every file in the folder you select (also subdirectories). Running it a second time will only add header to files that don't already have one.

Added SQF analysis. Simply checks through scripts and offers some feedback on things that could be changed to improve performance (not extensive by any means but follows some rules from BIS wiki Code Optimization article).

*Scanning through all files and sub directories with SQF analysis can take a long time if theres many files, since its only using a single thread to pick through files. During this time it'll seem like its frozen but its not.

Dropbox Link

• Like 1

Handy little tool, found one bug though. It seems that the align parameter for the structured text has no effect ;)

2.1.0.0 Release

Added junk filter for RPT Helper so you can filter out stuff that is spammed repeatedly (searches line by line)

Added dedicated forms to descripton.ext editor and expanded functionality.

Fixed bug in structured text editor with 'align' parameter doing nothing.

Mirror:

Dropbox

Exceptions in SQFanalysis tool

1. Select folder with files.

2. Click in empty space in list with files

Exception text

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at arma3scriptgen.SQFanalysis.ListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded assemblies

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Arma 3 Editing Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.7.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/A3/AUSMD_Editing_Tool/Arma%203%20Editing%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Wrong line numbers in report.

Detected == Could be changed to go faster on line 35. Search up relevant commands on BIS wiki.

When in fact it's 18th line.

Detected == Could be changed to go faster on line 67. Search up relevant commands on BIS wiki.
is given for 34th line, i.e. 2n-1.

File has \n line separators (LF, 0x0A).

In my version I can't seem to replicate the issue, try the latest (2.1). I think one of my earlier versions had that issue, but was fixed in latest update.

You will need to select the folder with files, then you need to select a specific one, or just use scan all checkbox then click analyze and it'll check every file.

EDIT: It would seem 2n-1 is happening on my version too, I'll take a look and see if I can fix it.

EDIT EDIT: Fixed *All my links in this thread simply point to the same .rar archive.

For all reports I'm using the file from your post with 2.1 release message.

To clarify the exception steps to reproduce: clicking in the free space should be done before some file is selected, i.e. when selection is clear. Otherwise simply nothing happens. There must be very few files to not fill the list space entirely.

SQFanalysis tool.

When no checkboxes selected, tool sometimes scan into subdirectories. Files to be Scanned: show selected file. Report says it scanned other file in current directory, when in fact it showrs report for some file(s) in subdiretory(ies).

For all reports I'm using the file from your post with 2.1 release message.

To clarify the exception steps to reproduce: clicking in the free space should be done before some file is selected, i.e. when selection is clear. Otherwise simply nothing happens. There must be very few files to not fill the list space entirely.

Well thats itnersting because I can click anywhere I want and it will tell me no selection until I highlight one of the entries in the list.

SQFanalysis tool.

When no checkboxes selected, tool sometimes scan into subdirectories. Files to be Scanned: show selected file. Report says it scanned other file in current directory, when in fact it showrs report for some file(s) in subdiretory(ies).

I'll try to replicate but I've used it a couple times today and was never able to get it to break like that.

Update 2.2

Automatic updating, the program will periodically check if the server has a newer version of the program and will then download and notify you that a new version is availiable. 

Touched up a few things in description.ext editor 

Fixed SQF analysis so it properly functions (and also searches up to 6 sub-folder depth!)

Dropbox Link

• Like 1