james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

This sounds wierd.

THe autor didt say he was giving source files to the CUP guys.....

@Vasily.B & [ha]boris
Please read!
The author did not update anything.

34 minutes ago, loopdk said:

This sounds wierd.

THe autor didt say he was giving source files to the CUP guys.....

he's offering the source files to the ones who are complaining about the map being taken up by the CUPs team, so they can have their very own Kunduz map, and will be responsible for it being updated.

With the release of the source files, and until CUP or someone picks this up (hopefully) has anyone been able to tweak this map to fix the stutters while zooming in?  Is anyone even experiencing this?  Looking to see if there is an easy way to fix that if possible.

Thanks

3 hours ago, jcae2798 said:

With the release of the source files, and until CUP or someone picks this up (hopefully) has anyone been able to tweak this map to fix the stutters while zooming in?  Is anyone even experiencing this?  Looking to see if there is an easy way to fix that if possible.

Thanks

Yeah kind of a bummer CUP didn't pick this beauty up. What's confusing is, he had announced that they were going to adopt it.

I'm hopeful 64-bit will improve the scope zoom issue. But what about the doors not opening issue? That's still present, correct?

7 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What's confusing is, he had announced that they were going to adopt it.

Still on our list, no worries. It just takes time we didn't had when preparing the latest cupdate.

• Like 4

No worries Neo, and thanks for update.  Any quick changes we can do to fix it for now?  Otherwise no worries.  Looking forward to the updates when they come  :)

I did download the source files if i can fix it myself  :)

I have been working on converting this to CUP, but got delayed a little, also because it was never fully clear exactly how it would be adopted to CUP.

In any case the new CUP version has a lot of Jbad buildlings, which I was waiting for too. It shouldn't be much work to get it ported over.

Keep in mind it will only be a 1 on 1 port to CUP, I haven't done any fixes yet and probably won't when I pass it over. 

• Like 1

Thanks @adanteh.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but i got some really bad stutter on the map currently.  Not sure if its objects that it uses, taht will hopefully be fixed with your port, or something else.  In any event, if you happen to see this, if you can take a look.  My wild guess (which i can be really wrong about) is that its a LOD issue with ARMAs latest updates...

Anyhow i appreciate you taking the time to add this beautiful map to the CUP terrains

• Like 1

Seems that the doors are broken?! We can't open/close the doors on that map :( Anyone else with this problem?

12 minutes ago, Knight81 said:

Seems that the doors are broken?! We can't open/close the doors on that map :( Anyone else with this problem?

Doors are broken...I believe you can open them using the ACE Interact..otherwise I saw a fix for the doors on Steam Workshop..as far as I know this isnt being updated anymore. Try the ACE Interact.

Diesel

found only steam link,thank you but no thank you

ACE interaction doesn't work on all doors it seems.

Has anyone a link to that fix please?

4 minutes ago, Knight81 said:

ACE interaction doesn't work on all doors it seems.

Has anyone a link to that fix please?

If I am not mistaken the CUP Team has got the source files for the terrain so you will have to wait until they announce something in that regard.

Fixed the doors for you.

Replace the original "pra3_structures.pbo" in the mod with the downloaded.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B_FBunye00pXOFRCZy1tT3ljb28

What was broken?

Spoiler

Door animations were implemented in a very hacky way using the undocumented functions "BIS_fnc_DoorOpen" and "BIS_fnc_DoorClose". In addition to those functions being undocumented, they were also misused.

"BIS_fnc_DoorOpen" takes the following animations as parameters:

• Door animation
  • Door handle down animation
  • Door handle up animation

However, in this addon, they were treated as just a list of any 3 animations to play on door opening. If there were just 1 or 2 animations to play, the rest were left as "" (empty string). This caused most door animations to fail. There was however one type of fence gate that had exactly 3 animations to play and thus worked correctly by accident. :)

How I fixed it?

I replaced the function calls with calls to the animateSource command.

• Like 11

Hi everyone, I was hoping this terrain would be integrated into CUP however I see it isn't at this stage. If anyone is interested in updating this terrain or improving it further please feel free to access the true source files here: https://mega.nz/#!aZMSVYKb!ydhGqnVW2H4CtfWe3cJCZBdMnHrZr0MG4M9rNmZMDTk

I've noticed people are complaining about the doors on Steam.

J

• Thanks 2

Map is gorgeous, but well, you have there bullet-proof vegetation ( poppy-fields, trees ). Still waiting for that CUP integration tho.

14 minutes ago, serjames said:

Quote from James2464 a few weeks back on his original Workshop page:

Hey guys, sorry I've been away working. My intention was not to leave this mod to die etc. I released the source files to CUP (Neo) about a year ago for them to integrate and maintain. It seems this map still isn't in CUP. Source files are here...

With NeoArmageddon retiring from Arma now, you got to wonder if CUP migration will ever happen. I do hope so! Though I think it’s fair to say since he posted the source he’s given up any restrictions on people editing his map. That’s how I interpret this anyway. I might be wrong.

(cough...3CB should save it and incorporate it into their mod....cough)

:)

Cheers for the pointer HAVO - shame he's handed it over - but good I suppose someone has fixed it... 

SJ

1 minute ago, serjames said:

Cheers for the pointer HAVO - shame he's handed it over - but good I suppose someone has fixed it... 

SJ

The map has other issues that need to be fixed IMO. The doors are just one of a few I can think of offhand but yeah, agreed the doors fix is a good start.