james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

hmm, i have to say I'm not a fan of the lighting - looks too contrasty and seems to have lost the balance to my eyes.. subjective I know so not expecting anyone to agree...

Anyway lots of other nice fixes though so still a huge thanks ! :-)

There are certain areas of Kunduz where fps drop from 60 to 20. I think it's something to do with the fields of poppies, but I can't be sure.

What grid location tpw?

hmm, i have to say I'm not a fan of the lighting - looks too contrasty and seems to have lost the balance to my eyes.. subjective I know so not expecting anyone to agree...

Anyway lots of other nice fixes though so still a huge thanks ! :-)

I guess if James is manually doing the lighting configs himself then I guess it would be beneficial to say I actually agree with this.

I didn't mention it because I assumed it was BIS problem and not a Kunduz problem.

I guess if James is manually doing the lighting configs himself then I guess it would be beneficial to say I actually agree with this.

I didn't mention it because I assumed it was BIS problem and not a Kunduz problem.

There are client side settings you can adjust to tweak the contrast/brightness/saturation to your own liking, though of course the new settings would be universal and apply to all islands including default ones.

Yeah I had a play with them.... got it looking crackin on altis.. with just a little more gamma and 106 on the satuation, but I still prefer the Kunduz of old... Seems that vegetation has a green luminosity that I cannot dial out without causing the screen to look washed out... Ho hum... I'll manage ;-)

SJ

Thanks for the feedback.

This is a BIS issue with their new universal lighting setup. It's a known issue that desert/afghan type terrains are too bright. Work in progress I assume, I'll keep an eye out for a solution.

Will get an update out before the weekend for the AI crossing the river bridges and stars/moon.

I wish no people would ever use AiA, CUP or anything that's Arma2. It's Arma 3 now, make maps standalone. 

1. you wouldnt have any more or better genuinely a3 map content if there wasnt forward ported maps. 

2. if you download 10 standalone maps, you end up with a truckload of redundand data, whats the purpose?

• Like 3

HOTFIX UPDATE v1.20.1

Please report any issues to the BIS forum thread. Enjoy the weekend!

Change Log:

Fixed missing moon and stars

Fixed AI/AI vehicles can now cross the two main north and south river bridges

Fixed tunnel system shadows

Known issue(s)

Lighting over-brightness/exposure (BIS issue)

• Like 6

Great work Mr. James, it's nice to see that you're still working on this great terrain, because, as you probably know, it's almost perfect... no doubt.

In my opinion, Kunduz looks really good even after the update, even if it looks lighter, bleached, whitened due to the way the new lighting affects arid soils, but that spawned something that, in my eyes, looks like a little issue.

I'm talking about the ground texture - while it's outstanding if looked at from low-mid-high altitude/distance, it looks kinda out of place, darker, different, not so good if looked at ground level (sometimes).

I may be blind, drunk, stupid so I apologize in advance for this shameful rant, I should probably look at it from a different perspective so feel free to enlighten me and correct my wrong thoughts sir.

I don't know if that affects only certain textures, because one of the maps I'm working on is completely f***** up. Nuff said.

That being said, thank you again for the hard work Mr James, this terrain is wonderful... And I'm 100% sure that it'll get even better, keep up the good work man.

That map looks worse than it was before update, its not your fault just Bohemia and their frills.

HOTFIX UPDATE v1.20.2

Enjoy :)

Changelog

Optimized Vegetation LOD Performance

Optimized File Size By ~177Mb

Tweaked Door Sounds

Tweaked Vegetation Shading

Fixed Tunnel Shadows

Fixed Code Pathing Bugs

Fixed Code Formatting

Known Issues

General Lighting (BIS Development Issues)

• Like 7

HOTFIX UPDATE v1.20.2

Changelog

Tweaked Door Sounds
Fixed Tunnel Shadows
Fixed Code Pathing Bugs
Fixed Code Formatting

Known Issues

Link for hot fix??

Will not play this island or any other custom island until lighting is close to what it use to be before 1.60. Of course not creators fault  so don't take this personal.

• Like 1

yeah.  what have they done to the lighting,  FULL CONTRAST   lol

Whilst im here, is there a option to blow up the bridges, so i can sail all the way from North to South :)

Thanks

HOTFIX UPDATE v1.20.2

Changelog

Tweaked Door Sounds
Fixed Tunnel Shadows
Fixed Code Pathing Bugs
Fixed Code Formatting

Known Issues

Awesome James thanks for hitting a lot of these issues for us. The optimized vegetation LODs I am assuming this could have been at least some of the issue with performance overall ? If so thats a great change and can't wait to test it out!

Again thanks for the updates to this terrain.

Will not play this island or any other custom island until lighting is close to what it use to be before 1.60. Of course not creators fault  so don't take this personal.

The entire lighting system has changed. None of the islands are ever going to look how they used to, you're just going to have to get used to that. Most of them actually look better once the creators make the fixes.

Make sure you go into your settings and change the gamma/brightness/saturation settings as well. It makes a big difference. 

• Like 1

How is this update working for ALiVE users? I see enemies populating but it seems inconsistent and civilians seem to be non-existent.

I haven't spent a great deal of time with this though. Does it need a reindex?

How is this update working for ALiVE users? I see enemies populating but it seems inconsistent and civilians seem to be non-existent.

I haven't spent a great deal of time with this though. Does it need a reindex?

I think yes, because I experience the the same regarding Civilians!

Is anyone else having an issue on this Map with Task Force Radio?

For some reason this Map I cannot get TFR to work correctly..set up exactly the same way as I have it on Stratis and it still boots me out of the TFR Channel back to Lobby every time..Stratis and Altis work fine. I also have Bozcaada and that works fine. It is just this Map for some reason..curious if anyone else is noticing this.

Diesel

Awesome James thanks for hitting a lot of these issues for us. The optimized vegetation LODs I am assuming this could have been at least some of the issue with performance overall ? If so thats a great change and can't wait to test it out!

Again thanks for the updates to this terrain.

Yeah I had reports it might be the poppy fields causing the slow down in certain areas so I've improved the LODs on them. I've also improved the LODs on some of the heavier Arma 2 trees as they were also causing issues for some people.

• Like 5

The entire lighting system has changed. None of the islands are ever going to look how they used to, you're just going to have to get used to that.

You cant get used to it if you cant even see colimator beam when looking on sand.