james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

This bug cant be affacted by the amount of objects places around the map. Many other maps have far more stuff on the map. And its not all the time, only at some specific places and only when looking in 1 direction. 1000/1000 dont work @ our missions since the combat range is already ~ 700 (not efficient but it can hurt) and 300m is too short for realistic reaction times.

my pc is one of the strongest in our clan (not the best), many others have weaker systems and are more affected.

I get massive framerate hits when looking in the direction of various poppy fields, even if they are obscured by a wall.

Have the wheel dust trails been removed? I've tried hard to find out if it was a local setting on my machine but I can't get the wheel effects you can see on this video (it's my video btw):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGqGqjBipbQ&feature=youtu.be

From the start to about 3.30 you can see alot of dust and particles from the base of the wheels (excellent immersion).

I'm using the same mod on the map and nothing similar is produced. 

I've never had low FPS in kunduz and I have an ALiVE mission running pretty full on.

I use 2km viewdistance with the objects synced.

Only time there is any drop is when we call in CAS.

if update is coming (I hope, love this map)

Buildings out side of Chahar Dara at 23/26 on map - Small compound of 4 or 5 buildings -   AI falls through them and gets stuck - Can also shoot through walls and look through walls.

First, this is a great map. Love to play on it.   But definitely hope it gets a update to try and stop all the use of bldgs where AI get stuck.  Happens quite a lot I'm starting to notice.  The firing through walls I don't mind, can get use to (it happens). But would love to see an update on AI falling into "traps" of sorts on some buildings / homes.

Some cornfields can not be traveled by vehicles. The vehicles are damaged :/

It takes too much power to destroy compound walls. 2-3 RPG Shoots to destroy a wall?!

Also many fields are marked as forests on the Satmap.

Thank you for you great work. I hope for many updates :)

Yes. RHS RPG requires 8 shots to destroy buildings. It should be reduced to 2 hits from RPGs.

Yes. RHS RPG requires 8 shots to destroy buildings. It should be reduced to 2 hits from RPGs.

Keep in mind RHS has it's own damage models, which can make for APC's in other mods taking 6 RPG hits before cooking. You might want to check if the same amount of hits is required from RPG's with vanilla or another mod, like CUP.

Keep in mind RHS has it's own damage models, which can make for APC's in other mods taking 6 RPG hits before cooking. You might want to check if the same amount of hits is required from RPG's with vanilla or another mod, like CUP.

RHS RPG requires 2 hits for same buildings at AllinArmaterrpack maps.

This map is very beautiful. It's a shame (ArmA engine) that enemy ai pass trought the wall and the building like nothingh. There is a way to avoid ai pass walls and buildings?

If you had made it just a bit bigger we would have an airport too but don't worry about it dude it is beautiful, definitely one of my favourite arma 3 maps. Thanks dude!

For those talking about RHS weapons...I'd suggest always using Real Armor Mod (RAM), especially when mixing RHS weapons/units with other unit mods. 

RAM tends to balance things out quite a bit.

I have a suggestion. What about adding an ambient call to prayer within an X meter radius of a minaret? Would be a huge immersion boost!

I have a suggestion. What about adding an ambient call to prayer within an X meter radius of a minaret? Would be a huge immersion boost!

You can do this yourself with a trigger and I think an ogg file of a call to prayer of your choice (in the editor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do this yourself with a trigger and I think an ogg file of a call to prayer of your choice (in the editor).

Some of the ALiVE missions I play have the call to prayer in them. I've tried looking for the source (or even something similar) with no luck.

I'd like to find the original file and the recommended setup instructions.

Any ideas where I can find some call to prayer scripts?

Indeed, but it's be simpler for everyone and universal to have it implemented on the map.

Indeed, but it's be simpler for everyone and universal to have it implemented on the map.

That might be the case but why add a script to the map and have it present even if people don't want a call to prayer? How about doing about 15 min of searching on google or the BI forums and learn how to do something instead of going into every thread and asking the devs to add more and more to their mod (anniallator)? Devs are not creating these mods solely for you. They make them how they want them or in the best interest of the entire community.

• Like 2

That might be the case but why add a script to the map and have it present even if people don't want a call to prayer? How about doing about 15 min of searching on google or the BI forums and learn how to do something instead of going into every thread and asking the devs to add more and more to their mod (anniallator)? Devs are not creating these mods solely for you. They make them how they want them or in the best interest of the entire community.

My opinion, and suggestion, is that ambient call to prayer be added. Your opinion is that it not be added. Neither opinion reflects the entire community, so do not assume that it does. Nor should you assume that I am going into every thread and asking mod developers to add "more and more" to their mod (I have made the ambient call to prayer suggestion in one other map thread, and the developer of the mod liked the idea). Nor should you assume that I think developers are creating mods solely for me. And yes, of course mod developers want to develop mods in the best interest of the community - and believe it or not, the community conveys their best interests through suggestions. I have made a suggestion, so don't go shooting it down and making me out as some selfish person just because you disagree with me.

Also, have you ever been to a Muslim country? Because you hear the call to prayer much of every day...

• Like 1

My opinion, and suggestion, is that ambient call to prayer be added. Your opinion is that it not be added. Neither opinion reflects the entire community, so do not assume that it does. Nor should you assume that I am going into every thread and asking mod developers to add "more and more" to their mod (I have made the same ambient call to prayer suggestion in one other map thread, and the developer of the mod liked the idea). Nor should you assume that I think developers are creating mods solely for me. And yes, of course mod developers want to develop mods in the best interest of the community - and believe it or not, the community conveys their best interests through suggestions. I have made a suggestion, so don't go shooting it down and making me out as some selfish person just because you disagree with me.

Also, have you ever been to a Muslim country? Because you hear the call to prayer much of every day...

I'm having a pretty frustrating issue lately with my AI teammates and civilians falling through the floors in a lot of buildings. It's like the floors inside some of these houses are made of quicksand.

The problem is, once this happens, the AI is permanently stuck. And it's in a lot of buildings. Not just one or two.

Anyway, this is easily one of my favorite maps. It's just too risky playing with AI teammates. Any chance we could get an update for this?

+1.  Would love a way to get buildings better (no falling through them).  It's amazing really how this is still possible from BIS.  

The only buildings I get this in are the minarets and towers, when going up the spiral stairs.

For those complaining about the buildings, if i'm not mistaken i think its JBAD's issue, not the map owners.  So you may want to direct your feedback to that group....

I did have some feedback which i think many have confirmed...and that's the FPS issue.  My issue is i go from 35+ FPS dropping to 3 FPS in some areas.  Seems right now most likely in the north Eastern part of the map (Towns to the left of Airport road.).  I plan to do more testing and see if i can replicate the issue and report back.  Hopefully James in not MIA  :)

• Like 1