james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

So I am making a mission on this map and have found something strange. If say we call in an artillery strike on a compound, or breach the walls with demo charges for some reason not everyone in the mission can see the walls being destroyed. Is there anything I can do to make it so that everyone see's the same destruction? After all it is pretty critical in a mission when having to clear compounds etc. I can walk through the destroyed parts but others playing have to walk around to the entrance as they dont see the gaps they only see me appearing to glitch through the walls.

Has this been resolved/identified ? 

Thx for this great map, I really like it ! 

Error report -

In the city of Chahr Dara

Map point 012023  Afghan Home #5   - Units get trapped inside. You basically fall into the ground can't negotiate way out.  Also a mosque in group right above this home same -

Hallo,

i like this map. But is there a way to avoid the massive FPS drop. Only on this map, my FPS drops down to 4 FPS.

• Like 1

Hallo,

i like this map. But is there a way to avoid the massive FPS drop. Only on this map, my FPS drops down to 4 FPS.

lol 4 fps i dont have problem on this map at all 

Hallo,

Where are you getting FPS drops?

Are you running any other mods?

Multiplayer or singleplayer?

Running many scripts in the mission your in?

FPS run low on any other maps?

Specs might be of help?

Where are you getting FPS drops?

Are you running any other mods?

Multiplayer or singleplayer?

Running many scripts in the mission your in?

FPS run low on any other maps?

Specs might be of help?

@1; on different locations

@2:  yes: see below

@ACE3
@BWA3
@CBA_A3
@task_force_radio
@CHVD
@MightyGau
@ALIVE
@AllInArmaTerrainPack
@ascz_a2_map_fixes
@CAF_AG1.5
@CAF_AG_AudioPatch
@caf_hlc_wp_replacement
@hlcmods
@Leights_OPFOR
@RHSAFRF
@RHSUSF

@3: COOP
@4: No main part of the mission is made with EOS (Enemy Occupation System)
@5: No

My PC: GTX 760 AMP, 16gb RAM, Intel Core i5-4690K

My default View distance is about 6000 only on Kunduz i had to minimize it to 3000 und change to gfx settings from ultra to very high or below.
Many of  our players have the same issue on kunduz. 

Have you tried just using Kunduz and see if you get FPS drops?

Have you tried it with out "EOS (Enemy Occupation System)" ??

if many of your players have the same issue its possibly "EOS" because other people here dont having that problem and if you still want a "Enemy deploy script sytem" try Alive I know it works fine.

Hope this helps

thx for making this standalone. i get the need for most maps to require AiA/CUP. but from a consumer side it's just so refreshing to have a standalone map :lol:

also. looks great. has a great natural feel to it. keep it up!

how do i use this map as an mp map? for my server?!

like any other map... load it up on the server and put the name of the mod folder in the launch paramaters........ -mod=@blah;@blah;@etcblah;

Hey I have been testing the Rotation Menu System on Kunduz and it works pretty well besides a couple of houses with buggy door selections. I have been looking through maps and adding the house class names with door issues to a list that will use a lighter form of occlusion in my mod. Some of the ladders on walls didn't show up too, but that will be remedied in my next fix which had a bug involving walls and odd Static objects. 

So I guess a lot of the JBAD houses in maps seem to work pretty well overall in RTMS. 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184976-rotation-menu-system-a-fluid-external-action-menu-system/

Best looking map there is by far. :)

Only thing wrong with it are the fps issues. I hope you find solution for it.

I think the problem with the FPS arise when you look at some groups of stones.

Not sure.

TBH I have Never seen an fps drop on this map on MP or SP (And we use it mostly with RHS) .. As always with Arma best bet is to check it clean first and reintroduce mods one by one

TBH I have Never seen an fps drop on this map on MP or SP (And we use it mostly with RHS) .. As always with Arma best bet is to check it clean first and reintroduce mods one by one

Well i wouldn't say there is drops, but just overall low fps. Its heavier than you'd expect when you compare it to larger maps, propably because the low cell size.

Well i wouldn't say there is drops, but just overall low fps. Its heavier than you'd expect when you compare it to larger maps, propably because the low cell size.

I could be wrong, but I think it's becuase this map is beautifuly detailed, there could be so many objects in one cell size and it could be bad for fps performance. I recommend lower your view distance to 1000. That way I can have good gameplay in Kunduz.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.pra3_kz

18:27:50 Unsupported language English in stringtable

18:27:50 Unsupported language English in stringtable

18:27:50 Missing addons detected:

18:27:50   pra3_kz

I am getting this error message every time I try to start a mission with this map on a dedicated server. I have tried downloading from steam and armaholic and neither of them are working. Please help.

Looks like you're not actually including the map as part of the server mod line ?

We had some missions now with 18-22ppl and most had some strange fps drops when looking in a specific direction. For me, i was in the middle part @castle@entrance and had very heavy drops when looking south. Very strange, server fps was always over 35fps.

We have found you must lower object distance right down on Kuduz - I run about 1000/1000 and it seems to work fine