james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

Congrats on the release! Did a little fly over quickly and it looks amazing!!! Great work! Cant wait to play some ALIVE on this baby ;)

1.1gb is a nice size. If you use arma3sync it takes someone a few minutes to download it. Btw has anyone the coordinates of the tunnels? I am trying to find them...

man, seriously, not everyone is a fan of downloading the whole history of map making of Arma just for one single map. I understand that some people have more bandwith than sense, but telling modders that their work is somehow worse if it doesn't have a second version for compatibility with someone else's mod is pretty arrogant

1.3 gb for such a small terrain is a waste of bandwith. If you already have AIATP redownloading all the A2 assets used in this map is kinda silly.

1.3 gb for such a small terrain is a waste of bandwith.

So is your post :rolleyes:

sick zinger m8

Thanks... When u release a map ... let us know...

Thanks for this great map!

Noticed 1 bug:

The tall walls can't be run over by any vehicles. Please fix. thanks!

I gotta say theres been a lot of back seat modders lately. People who have nothing to do with the mods development putting their viewpoints on other peoples work as if it is fact or complain about things like file size. Be grateful that people are willing to share their hard work with us and vastly improve the arma community as a whole

Thanks... When u release a map ... let us know...

Yea I need to make a movie to have an opinion on one right:rolleyes:

The map looks good, well done

Amazing map. Getting insane performance on it too.

I have a certain fondness for Desert maps and this map is great.

Wohoo, found the first two tunnels!

Edited by reforger

I'm getting a "No File" error when I attempt to download from Mega, any chance you could rehost it on a different filesharing site?

Many thanks for the effort mate its real quality.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

man, seriously, not everyone is a fan of downloading the whole history of map making of Arma just for one single map. I understand that some people have more bandwith than sense, but telling modders that their work is somehow worse if it doesn't have a second version for compatibility with someone else's mod is pretty arrogant

Yes but many communities use AiA or A3AP and 3rd party maps. Whats the point of adding 1,3gb for them? If they could add 150mb of just map data, rest are in AiA/A3AP anyway....Map is good, but im not going to use it, cuz its too heavy.

1.3 gb for such a small terrain is a waste of bandwith. If you already have AIATP redownloading all the A2 assets used in this map is kinda silly.

+1 For this, i have same opinion.

PS,

I love brainless haters. I have strong argument.

Yes but many communities use AiA or A3AP and 3rd party maps. Whats the point of adding 1,3gb for them? If they could add 150mb of just map data, rest are in AiA/A3AP anyway....Map is good, but im not going to use it, cuz its too heavy.

PS,

I love brainless haters.

Dude, the point is this is a standalone map. There is a big diference between downloading AiATP ~8GB and Kunduz ~1.3GB.

Wow

--------

Dear James2464,

I was testing in editor and i've got 2 crashes. Here is my RPT

I'm still testing.

Edited by AlexSegen
RPT added

Except most of those "already inlcueded in AiA/A3MP" building are reworked/enhanced with fixes/features. When AiA gets all of the Jbad buildings (which I believe are used on this map) then we can talk about dependencies.

Is this map ALiVE indexed? I know that default A3 AI will not work with PR maps, but maps like FATA are ALiVE indexed. If not I would highly suggest doing so that way others in the community can enjoy this map without having to play PvP / TvT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this map ALiVE indexed? I know that default A3 AI will not work with PR maps, but maps like FATA are ALiVE indexed. If not I would highly suggest doing so that way others in the community can enjoy this map without having to play PvP / TvT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are on it ;)

;2913169']Except most of those "already inlcueded in AiA/A3MP" building are reworked/enhanced with fixes/features. When AiA gets all of the Jbad buildings (which I believe are used on this map) then we can talk about dependencies.
Pretty much this' date=' especially when those [i']aren't[/i] coming to AiA TP/A3MP which are already depreciated. In contrast, how true the argument will hold once CUP Terrains goes public (especially if JBAD Buildings are included) is anyone's guess, but until that's had time to be adopted to a similar degree as AiA TP/A3MP, Kunduz brings something to the table in notable contrast to those.

Yeah, I meant CUP Terrains, can't get used to the name xD

+1 For this, i have same opinion.

PS,

I love brainless haters. I have strong argument.

What's the point of adding 8gb of dependencies if some communities don't use aiatp. What happens when cup terrains comes out?

Stating it would be convenient for some groups is not an argument. It is an opinion based on one's own convenience. ..