james2464

Kunduz, Afghanistan [10km] v1.20

found one of tunnel system, looks good to me, tested explosives inside and in my opinion you should make it undestroyable if its possible of curse, also keep you work up, even with that 45% map development looks brilliant

found two of two tunnel systems, second one is... just whoa, im looking forward to play on this map with my budds really

Edited by Chmura

Hey thanks for the updated version. I like the destroyable tunnels. Reminds me of finding enemy weapons caches, clearing them, and blowing the tunnel. Ah taking me back man :)

Not me brother, I remember dropping some bombs, artillery and mortars (and lots of it) dong Man shit, yo... :)

And since it's on Armaholic I'm downloading as I type, Been figuring out how to make an Insurgency map and what better place. Now if somebody would do an updated Kunar Province I'd be set.

@EricJ, porting Insurgency shouldn`t be hard. I love this map as well and will put some mission set together until next weekend, when i`m done with testing i`ll upload something. Question: Does this map support ALiVE already? Anyways imma go and call-in some gbu31`s!

No it isn't and I've done one for Chernarus as well. A bit cobbled together but it does work and that's what counts. Pretty fun and a nice change from Alits, though I do play that as well quite a bit recently.

Any mirror for the new version?Can't download from Holic or six.

Looks really good. When this is done, it could easily turn into one of my default editor maps for messing around.

I do have thing on my mind; the compound walls. Are they going to change? Because right now, they are made of titanium. I can't run them down with MBTs, when ramming them with APCs, the wheels fall off. Shooting them with an MBT leaves tiny holes and some places nothing happens.

Yes! we need more maps like this to re-enact old and new middle eastern scenarios.

to re-enact old and new middle eastern scenarios.

Old? lol the shit still going on today, nothing has changed.

lol true. But i meant old and new as in RHS soviet era 1980s through to the modern arma 3 style conflict because we all know its not going to get any quieter there anytime soon :/

found one of tunnel system, looks good to me, tested explosives inside and in my opinion you should make it undestroyable if its possible of curse, also keep you work up, even with that 45% map development looks brilliant

found two of two tunnel systems, second one is... just whoa, im looking forward to play on this map with my budds really

Thanks, which tunnel did you like?

Because of engine and tool limitations to create tunnels, I've made them indestructible.

Great Job ! , So far so good. How big this map will be ? 10km x 10km ? I can't wait for final release !

The terrain is 10km squared or 5km x 5km. Anything larger would take a time multiple of atleast 2 to complete. :P

@EricJ, porting Insurgency shouldn`t be hard. I love this map as well and will put some mission set together until next weekend, when i`m done with testing i`ll upload something. Question: Does this map support ALiVE already? Anyways imma go and call-in some gbu31`s!

Currently no, I am not aware of what is needed for this support. Does anyone want the support anyway?

Looks really good. When this is done, it could easily turn into one of my default editor maps for messing around.

I do have thing on my mind; the compound walls. Are they going to change? Because right now, they are made of titanium. I can't run them down with MBTs, when ramming them with APCs, the wheels fall off. Shooting them with an MBT leaves tiny holes and some places nothing happens.

Yes this is a gameplay/design trade off, I would like more opinions in regards to this. Basically it forces infantry to breach the compounds via conventional means as oppose to rushing a compound unrealistically in some Arma scenarios. The walls are destructible allowing C4 or a tank to create small holes for infantry to assault. The corner walls are fully destructible. This is thanks to Milkman.

So we can use the C4 to make holes on the wall without any other addons or scripts,right?Just place a C4 and,BOOM,right?

Really cool,I love it!

Still,I can't download from the Holic and six...don't know the reason,maybe I have to wait till back home and try again.

The terrain is 10km squared or 5km x 5km. Anything larger would take a time multiple of atleast 2 to complete. :P

Wait, which one is it? 5kmx5km is 25km squared.

Wait, which one is it? 5kmx5km is 25km squared.

He means 5KM North to South and 5KM East to West,I think.

Congrats on the release! I just test it, and it's amazing the Afghanistan side it's really feel! :yay:

Because of engine and tool limitations to create tunnels, I've made them indestructible.

Well, I think a simple script that create rocks to block the road when an explosion is detected near the tunnel should be able to do that.

I'm not god in scripting but I will certainly do that for my current Island project so, if you need i can give you the script when it's done.

Thanks, which tunnel did you like?

I actually like them both, but one which has entrance from water surprised me hard. Oh and ladder doesn't work, dunno why, maybe i'm doing something bad haha.

I went ahead and made a cheap Insurgency mission with so far CSAT (I don't know how to edit the teams yet so you can use CAF Aggressors, will try and figure it out.... sometime).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/slwbilyg4w2lvht/Kunduz%2520Insurgency.Kunduz.pbo?dl=0

Also credits go to CallMeSarge for the base design. It's a small amount given the current build (0.61) and the enemy spawns at 400m away from the square, giving some good medium range sniping. VAS and Arsenal are enabled, and only 9 players so far (one has Zeus ability), plus a wide ranee of scripts, etc.

Yeah just if you keep the FOB design credit CallMeSarge as well.

It's a fairly decent FOB so I don't mess with it, though I did tweak it for another version. But given the map so far it's fairly cool, as you'll get the randomized locations setup fairly easy for the AI.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Also I thought I uploaded the fixed version, but the version (same link) has been fixed, the Zeus functionality works now.

So far having fun with this map, only noticing the enemy glitching through the walls, i.e some of them are half in, half out sometimes but overall good so far. I just wish it was bigger so you can do more mission related stuff but still good as it is.

This is defently a good map with the right mission thanks to ericj! Have you yet tried this to speed up your work, as you can edit the map in multiplayer.

When I saw that underground tunnel connect to the river...WOw,amazing!

And I also found a WIP tunnel.

just some suggest:can't use the ladder in the tunnel that connect the water,so is't no possible to let players to use the ladder to enter the tunnel from water,maybe you don't need to use ladder for now in Arma3 we can't use it in water.A simple stairs or just a slope would be better,player can change from dive movement to normal movement when they hit the stairs or slope in first time,tha would be more useful and faster than a ladder.

And do you have any plan to make a tunnel thart connect two or more towns?If you would make that kind of tunnel,I can foresee more interesting missions like the enemies could use the tunnel to get to another town and launch a suddenly ambush!That's would be cool!

Edited by JinougaF

Looking really good james! congrats mate :d

Some ideas with praa_vegetation and more realistic ideas for the roads and Walls/dirt

pc32r.jpg

n96s6.jpg

64jcxg.jpg

2uqj7rk.jpg

125su85.jpg

iwlok6.jpg