Sign in to follow this  
Zone15

MSI Afterburner Overlay Not Working After Battleye Update

Ever since one of the new Battleye updates a week or so ago, the MSI Afterburner/RTSS overlay no longer works. I use this to monitor things like my FPS, GPU Temps, and CPU Temps. This also prevents you from using Afterburner to take screenshots or record video. Does anyone have a workaround to fix this?

Mine works fine. You can use fraps or bandicam for screenshots/video. But afterburner working fine for me. You might try reinstalling it

Mine works fine. You can use fraps or bandicam for screenshots/video. But afterburner working fine for me. You might try reinstalling it

It is not just me and reinstalling doesn't help. A few guys I play with have the same issue and I also had found a forum post with someone else experiencing the same issue.

Just a note: I noticed yesterday that new BE for OA blocks On-Screen Display (OSD) of MSI Afterburner. I never saw that before. This is probably a good thing to stop cheaters, but it had me stumped as Hell yesterday for a few hours. Running OA without BE allows the OSD to be visible. Even using OSD "Stealth" mode of RivaTuner, the OSD will not display when BE is active. I'm only mentioning this as there was much mention of BE here lately.

Yes this is part of the new BE update. Maybe consider contacting BE through their site and see if he will prevent that if it is causing you a big inconvenience

make sure you have the latest version of overlay software

The latest version of this overlay should be supported now.

The latest version of this overlay should be supported now.

It's working again, thanks!

Slightly OT perhaps as I only play SP but may be useful to anyone searching:

- One thing I have found is that in contrast to using Afterburner with A2/CO, I have to start Afterburner after launching A3 otherwise the FPS overlay frequently fails to show. Afterburner still works though, recording FPS, temp etc. and running a custom fan profile.