genesis92x

VCOM AI Driving Mod

2 hours ago, Katsu.I said:

I have frequent cases where a convoy of vehicles, the AI suddenly thinks there is an obstruction on the road after the 3rd of 4th vic.

This causes the entire rest of the convoy do all sorts of manoeuvres, ranging from driving around the invisible object to doing a 180 and driving 500-1000m back where it came from only to turn back once more and notice the road is clear.

You should report that to BIS. It needs to be fixed and they won't see that in this thread.

If I am running VCOM AI, do I need the Driving too for better driving or is the VCOM AI alone sufficient??

14 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

I was just going to ask that lol

Well i hope we both get our answer :D

I may be wrong, but this mod is not necessary anymore, as the new arma patches fixes AI drive skill a bit, as author mention somewhere. In fact with this mod and latest patch AI is much buggy than vanilla ;)

Just now, Jozef Sztacheta said:

I may be wrong, but this mod is not necessary anymore, as the new arma patches fixes AI drive skill a bit, as author mention somewhere. In fact with this mod and latest patch AI is much buggy than vanilla ;)

I have tried the mod 2 days ago already, it is still better than the Vanilla AI. Way better

Perhaps it depends what map do you use. When I tried it about month ago on CUP terrains this AI cannot drive straight through the road.

17 hours ago, Jozef Sztacheta said:

Perhaps it depends what map do you use. When I tried it about month ago on CUP terrains this AI cannot drive straight through the road.

I am not quite sure, but I believe he already said VCOM AI only works with the Vanilla Arma

So this is a great MOD, and it's still better than Vanilla driving - on 1.80 tested on Altis. However I also want to use the Standard Vcom AI V2.94 which I understand had some driving improvements added at some point,  but it does not appear to have the same level of object avoidance as the seperate 'VCOM AI Driving mod'. If I try and run them at the same time it seems to revert to only Vcom AI V2.94 driving and takes none of the improvements from the separate Driving mod.

Are there any plans to update Vcom AI v2.94 so it has the best of the 'driving' specific mod added into it?  or is there any way to run both and somehow prioritise the Driving mod improvements?

Hello @genesis92x

I have already posted this in the VCOM ai 3 topic ,

On 21/7/2018 at 9:48 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there @genesis92x  !

I'm using the Vcom script 3.0 .

Does this also includes the scripts for the vcom driving script or i need to use this also?

Thanks !

22 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello @genesis92x

I have already posted this in the VCOM ai 3 topic ,

I missed it!

Vcom Driving is NOT included into Vcom - as it is quite out-of-date and probably needs more love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello, the mod has just disappeared from the Workshop !! And the dropbox link is dead.
Does someone have a back up somewhere or an alternative solution? This mod was really gold 😞 it's sad to lose it.

On 1/10/2015 at 11:04 AM, genesis92x said:

Hey guys, I made some driving improvements in my VCOM AI mod - however I thought (and others) that it would be nice to just have the AI driving enhancements without any other strings attached.

@sarogahtyp So no independant mod anymore I guess ?

There is a discord link in the other thread. Maybe you get your answer there...

• Like 1