genesis92x

VCOM AI Driving Mod

Very nice, will this make things like ai taxis (ground and heli) work better?

Going to do further testing today, but I have found that vehicles are still crashing into the side of structures. Also they prefer to not use the top bridge in Agia Marina but go into the river bed :(

Yes! I forgot about this one, thank you. It will be fixed next update...I forgot that bridges in ArmA are considered objects and need to be ignored when trying to figure out what to avoid.

will you updating the main VCOM-AI too ?

Yes! I am currently pouring a lot of love into Degeneration and then I will be focusing on Vcom-AI again. I might release another patch for this mod before working on Vcom-AI since Vcom-AI requires much more time.

Had that issue on the first release, hoping it will be resolved in a future release. No doubt in time it will, still love it though. Keeping an eye on this little beauty! :D

Thanks!

Great, thank you :)

Thank you!!

Very nice, will this make things like ai taxis (ground and heli) work better?

This currently only works on driving - no flying mechanics at all. I want to work on AI dogfighting abilities (jets) and AI helicopter abilities...but I'm not entirely sure if I can make anything super satisfactory without direct control of AI behavior.

In the next version of VCOM-AI I am going to try disabling Bohemia's basic FSM system and try creating my own...this allows me more control and may allow me to control AI better in all situations - but I'm unsure of the results right now.

In the next version of VCOM-AI I am going to try disabling Bohemia's basic FSM system and try creating my own...this allows me more control and may allow me to control AI better in all situations - but I'm unsure of the results right now.

THIS ^^^! Would be interested to see what you come up with mate. Just ask for testing :)

THIS ^^^! Would be interested to see what you come up with mate. Just ask for testing :)

Me too :)

Just realized no-body ever mentioned it here or the main thread, so I'll just report it.

AI obviously but sadly detects bargates as obstacles, which causes them to go around it like anything. Worst scenarios are when bar-gates are used in a closed environment (FOB gates, H-barrier corridors), so drivers just get stuck "thinking" even though the bar gate is open. Of course this situation stops being funny and gets annoying after the first 10 minutes. Could you take them as two objects (for each legs), or completely disable the check for bargates?

I'm not using Vcom AI and they still go around the bargates. It's just dumb AI. I've even set a trigger that opens the bargate when they get close and they still go around; although it may be because it's a two-way street and there's a bargate on further passed the one they'd be going through.

Excellent update! Definitely looking forward to an update to VCOM AI in the future also! ;)

Thanks for keeping on working on this script. Btw it would make things easier if BI made the tank cannons clip into objects, because as they are they are too impeding.

Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to post :)

Excellent update! Definitely looking forward to an update to VCOM AI in the future also! ;)

Haha - yes. I was looking at that recently...I am thinking of redoing it for the most part. Bohemia has updated some bits of the AI that I can play with now.

GOD FUXXING THANK YOU :-D

I like your Mod :-P

THANK YOU!!! I like you :D!

Thanks for keeping on working on this script. Btw it would make things easier if BI made the tank cannons clip into objects, because as they are they are too impeding.

Yeaaahhhh - Tanks don't seem to give much fucks when it comes to driving at times.

Thanks Genesis! :D

Thank you!!!!

Haha - yes. I was looking at that recently...I am thinking of redoing it for the most part. Bohemia has updated some bits of the AI that I can play with now.

Would it be possible to make tank drivers behave like real tankers? A fellow modder wrote a script for an approximated "hull-down" effect for A2 but it seems it has vanished off the face of the web. I was hoping you could take a look at it and maybe incorporate it in your script. Has BI been working on the armor reverse function?

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

Would it be possible to make tank drivers behave like real tankers? A fellow modder wrote a script for an approximated "hull-down" effect for A2 but it seems it has vanished off the face of the web. I was hoping you could take a look at it and maybe incorporate it in your script. Has BI been working on the armor reverse function?

Updated mod v1.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Genesis92x , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Yes thanks for keeping this updated

Hi, when i use this mod and when vehicles are moving it activates a dialog at the bottom of my screen like "[bis_fnc_insight] blah blah and a faded "Fx" to the right"

Is there some way i can turn this off?

Thanks.

Oh, is this where that comes from? Yeah, I have the same. It keeps talking about some canopener :)

Does this mod make anyone else's game randomly lag like crazy for about 10 minutes?

Does this mod make anyone else's game randomly lag like crazy for about 10 minutes?

Yeah :< I need to just create a mod for this that is more optimized and less laggy with large numbers of people. Does it just lag for the first 10 minutes, and then return to normal? That should be easily fixable.