genesis92x

VCOM AI Driving Mod

VCOM_DRIVING

Hey guys, I made some driving improvements in my VCOM AI mod - however I thought (and others) that it would be nice to just have the AI driving enhancements without any other strings attached.

This mod simply executes an FSM on all AI and checks if they are drivers or not. If they are actively driving a vehicle they will check for objects/buildings that may get in their way while driving.
I could type a lot more. But I thought I'd let the video speak for the mod instead.

AI DRIVING COMPARISON

V1.03 CHANGES
- I believe I have fixed the error message people are getting on their screens when running this mod with CBA.

VCOM_DRIVING V1.03

VCOM_DRIVING V1.03 Script Version

news_download_a3_3.png
VCOM AI Driving Mod v1.03
VCOM AI Driving Script v1.03

Updated mod v1.0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Thank you,
Genesis92x

Donation Info.

Hey all,
I do this all in my free time and, just like you, I don't get paid for ArmA 3 coding. If you feel like throwing a dollar at my wallet - I wouldn't argue.
Any money goes straight to paying college student bills for my wife and I. :P
Donation or not, I appreciate you taking the time to take a look at my creations. I am by far not the best creator of A3 content, so please donate to the ones you believe deserve your hard earned money.
x-click-but21.gif

Edited by genesis92x
  • Like 7

Splendid! Will there be a scripted version like with VComAI?

Nice, thanks for sharing it.:)

Amazing what you can find if you look around.;)

So this isn't included in Vcom AI? Thanks for posting it all the same :)

It is, but this is that piece of code made into a standalone.

Very impressive :)
Nice one Genesis!!

Thank you :> It's really just a two-part gimmick. It's silly that it even works.

Splendid! Will there be a scripted version like with VComAI?

Yeah - I can upload a script version real fast.

Nice, thanks for sharing it.:)

Amazing what you can find if you look around.;)

Thank you for checking it out!

It is, but this is that piece of code made into a standalone.

Yeah :) Currently...this is a better version than in what is in VCOM AI...I need to update VCOM AI again...

Brilliant! Thank you for sharing, good sir!

Thank you!

This excellent to see as a standalone. Someone must have prompted you :)

I wonder who ;)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Genesis92x;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for releasing this as a standalone!

Thx Genesis92x !! I was following the VCOM thread and really hoped you'll release the driving part as addon !! It's like a second Xmas !! :)

Seeing the AI driving-in the second half of the video-has brought tears on my eyes (after all those years of frustration)

Will this work on a dedicated server and do we need it on all the clients too? Thanks.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/48ad0207-aadf-4e73-b47d-1be2828d6911/logos/banner-420x120.png

@Genesis92x;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thank you! WithSix is looking pretty good :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks again Foxhound! You're always amazin'.

Thanks for releasing this as a standalone!

Thanks for the support :rolleyes:

Thx Genesis92x !! I was following the VCOM thread and really hoped you'll release the driving part as addon !! It's like a second Xmas !! :)

Hah yeah, I had a couple people wanting me to release this.

Seeing the AI driving-in the second half of the video-has brought tears on my eyes (after all those years of frustration)

Me too. Me too.

Will this work on a dedicated server and do we need it on all the clients too? Thanks.

Currently it only works where units are local. This means that the mod will only impact units on the machine running it. If the clients have AI in their squad they will need to have the mod too.

I will be posting the script version as well. You can use that if you want all client to automatically run the scripts.

EDIT: Uploaded script verison

Edited by Genesis92x

This mod has slightly opened up the doors a little more for Convoy missions. Back in my day, AI could follow a road and see obstacles... Wait a minute, nevermind. Though it does seem like A3 took it to another level of absolute stupidity. That video still makes me cringe. Admit it, we've all seen it in countless missions, the AI's superb, Stig-like driving, but we always block it out. Thanks Dom, thanks for giving us evidence of just how bad it is, without having to boot up our games.

More to the point, I look forward to helping you test more, and watching the default AI continue to outshine even the most ferocious of tactical drivers.

~Niipaa

I don't get it, why is your GENIUS Script needed to accomplish where BI has clearly failed!

Should this not be standard?

Your video is frickin Proof of concept man!

Well Done!

oukej said that rubbish AI driving is due to them not seeing objects on the road as hazards! EPIC fail.

Good work genesis92x.

^ it seems to be objects without PhysX that the AI has problems with.. and yes FAIL

Excellent addon/script thanks for releasing a stand-alone :yay:

wow, i really hope someone at bohemia watch this video...... :blush:

very well done though, thanks for releasing this!!!

Desperately needed addon! Thank you.