genesis92x

VCOM AI Driving Mod

Oh, is this where that comes from? Yeah, I have the same. It keeps talking about some canopener :)

omg I have been getting that too. I was really not wanting to go searching for which mod was doing it thanks.

Yeah :< I need to just create a mod for this that is more optimized and less laggy with large numbers of people. Does it just lag for the first 10 minutes, and then return to normal? That should be easily fixable.

Yeah within the first 10 minutes of the game, it starts lagging so bad the game is unplayable, and then eventually it just returns to normal.

Oh right, so the error messages at the bottom of the screen are this mod.

Can anyone say what the implications are? Eg, is the AI driving still enhanced? Is it negatively effected? FPS decrease? Etc?

We want it now!!!

We want it now!!!

We want it now!!!

We want it now!!!

We want it now!!!

We want it now!!!

:d

Oh right, so the error messages at the bottom of the screen are this mod.

Can anyone say what the implications are? Eg, is the AI driving still enhanced? Is it negatively effected? FPS decrease? Etc?

I'd say it's bad enough...

Edited by seba1976
Ninja'd.

So this mod causes framedrop atm yeah? I've been using it for a month, tossed it into our modpack and since it's been a while I can't really tell the difference from before anymore.

But from what I understand it's best to remove this mod from our pack to increase FPS until the developer updates it/makes a new mod.

Quoting: "I need to just create a mod for this that is more optimized and less laggy with large numbers of people."

Am I right?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hey mate, loved using your mod but suddenly its started to throw up errors at the bottom of the screen in which I was confused about, made a thread here and by going over

all the things I found out that CBA and your Mod were the only two I mistakenly kept on (at first I thought I disabled all mods) but then I got errors like objects such as can opener, bridge, wood post, etc etc...

Disabled your mod and its now fixed, so could you please fix it? thanks man. :)

Hey mate, loved using your mod but suddenly its started to throw up errors at the bottom of the screen in which I was confused about, made a thread here and by going over

all the things I found out that CBA and your Mod were the only two I mistakenly kept on (at first I thought I disabled all mods) but then I got errors like objects such as can opener, bridge, wood post, etc etc...

Disabled your mod and its now fixed, so could you please fix it? thanks man. :)

Perfect! Thanks for the screenshot. I will get to work on this :)

So this mod causes framedrop atm yeah? I've been using it for a month, tossed it into our modpack and since it's been a while I can't really tell the difference from before anymore.

But from what I understand it's best to remove this mod from our pack to increase FPS until the developer updates it/makes a new mod.

Quoting: "I need to just create a mod for this that is more optimized and less laggy with large numbers of people."

Am I right?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

It WILL impact performance, but it should be minimal depending on the situation. I can not test every scenario but I have ran this with quite a few vehicles and had minimal impact on FPS.

This next update I will be putting more optimizations in.

EDIT:

Okay! I updated the front page. Download from one of the dropbox links and it "should" work!

Edited by Genesis92x

Okay! I updated the front page. Download from one of the dropbox links and it "should" work!

Thanks man.I want this mod/script to be a "permanent" addition of our missions.

Keep it up!

Will this work together with VCOM_AI or will it conflict as I've seen files in VCOM_AI that make reference to advanced driving. Love your work by the way, Thankyou so much.

More to the point - will you be re-integrating it to VCOM_AI?

It used to be part and parcel of the same code base Kremator - my question was whether it would be reintegrated as it was.

There was still code in the old VCOM_AI - has this been switched off if the stand alone driving mod is installed  - just trying to ensure there is simplicity of use and no overlap.

I'm happy if it's separate - :-)

I think those massive lag spikes are from when vehicles either get stuck on something or when they literally can't get where their waypoint is telling them to go. Maybe you could make it go through a loop like a dozen times or so and if it can't find a way to get there it'll cancel the waypoint?

Yeah, I'm not sure why I wanted to put them both into the same package. I think I just thought it'd be cute in moment...

They will remain separated so they are easier to work on. I think I have a workaround idea for the lag spikes.

• Like 2

Any news about fix, Genesis92x? We need it :)

Does this mod works in conjunction with the ASR_Ai?

Yes, in theory. Driver's AI is separate from the on-foot routines.

@genesis92x, your AI enhancements are amazing! IMO they are necessary for anyone who wants a decent AI. I was wondering... any plans on enhanced AI for AI helicopter pilots? Because the they are bugged beyond belief. They fly at one altitude, landing takes forever, they can't be made to fly slow (e.g. fly slowly over an urban area), et cetera. Would be amazing!

I'm assuming you want to keep VCOM AI and VCOM AI Driving standalone mods, but have you ever considered merging with ACE3?

I just wanted to say a HUGE thanks for your efforts in improving the AI's driving because it's been lacking in Arma since... forever!

Keep up the great work! Hope you'll continue working on this, no pressure there, though :) We all should work on something we're passionate about, not because someone wants it (especially for free).