Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

MV22 Update and Door Gun models!

I finally got around to a major update for the MV22 :) My previous work was based on the attachTo command and turrets. This version is built on the released sample model, and includes an updated flight model that makes it manageable at hover, as well as walkable interiors and actions for the ramp and door. Real world models represented include the unarmed MV-22B, the M240 rear gun MV-22B and CV-22, and the IDWS model.

DOWNLOAD the pookMV22_v1.0.rar here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%214376

Features

- updated FM characteristics! The bird is manageable at hover speeds, but still has that "big bird" heft.

- walkable interior, door steps, ramp

- adjusted getin/getout cargo points (for ramp)

- updated minor model errors

- added flap/gear sounds

- updated chaff/flare action based on video footage EDIT TO ADD: Select "Burst" mode for the full effect!

- added smoke screen countermeasures

- adjusted night headlight direction

- updated dust effects based on RL data

- added camo1/camo2 textures. "clan" and "clan_sign" are texture 2 and texture 3, respectively. So if you want to set insignias with these you can.

- added "refuel" memory point on tip of refuel boom

- added functional chin turret targeting pod based on RL data

- - front "cargo seat" is now copilot observer

- added actions for:

- - pack/unpack wings

- - crew grenade drop

- - crew smoke shell marker drop

- - door action

- - ramp action

- new IDWS version with all the tweaks AND:

- - gun combined in model; no more need for the previous attachto scripting methods

- - reduced cargo capacity based on RL data

- - ejected bullet drop

- new rear M240 gunner version with all the tweaks AND:

- - M240 rear gun position

- - gun combined in model; no more need for the previous attachto scripting methods

- - always-open ramp for rear gunner

- - ejected bullet drop

- added CV-22 (USAF / SOC version)

- - M240 rear gun version with:

- - increased fuel capacity based on RL data

- - sanitized texture w/ no "marines" decals

- added BAF IDWS and M240 versions as well :)

- - sanitized texture w/ no "marines" decals

Future considerations I *might* develop:

- add fast-attack deployment version with combined M1161 addon

- rocket pods on fuselage based on RL data

- update model w/ proper ECM dispenser faces

- enhanced cockpit displays

- find new texture variations

- find better sounds

- further improve dust effect

- carrier check to automatically fold wings on carrier placement

- research inclusion of Norrin's fastrope

idws.jpg

m240rear.jpg

mv22_dust.jpg

What I can't show in this pic is the updated "Burst" mode for the CM... it is based on video footage of the real thing. Try it I think you'll like it :)

mv22_flares.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

some how addon not working for me it loads and then it shows i am in the sky or a map shows up had some mods running let you no if that happens with out mod

sorry never mind i put the folder in arma 3 my bad

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@hcpookie;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Foxhound and Kecharles, thanks for your mirrors!

SS9, pilot has no FLIR, not sure what you're asking.

For those who have asked about the fold system... the reason I haven't enforced wing folds on the carrier init is because you can still start the engine with the wings folded. If this were a normal plane the wing fold would be simple - they fold up above the deck. Since the MV22 props start to spin into the deck when folded, it makes a quick mess of things :)

Ideally the fold script needs to have a solution the ensure the pilot can't start the engine before unfold is complete. Perhaps a "boot and lock" before folding so everyone gets kicked out of the bird when the wing fold action is initiated. Or store the fuel value in a variable, empty the fuel, and restore it when the unfold action occurs. However that could affect missions where you need to start on the deck with a full bird. SO what to do... for now the wing fold is not enforced. If I can figure the best collection of settings to make all this work out then I will do it. Until then, IF you want to start them with the wings folded in a mission, put this in the INIT field:

scr = [this] execVM "pookMV22\scripts\pack.sqf"

I must warn you however that if the pilot starts the engine before the wings are fully unfolded, the impact on the ground will likely make it flip over and crash. Not pretty :(

Here's video footage of the real MV22 flare dispensers I used as a basis for the update:

and the copilot observer turret on chin, as seen in this pic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/CV-22_Osprey_flies_over_the_Emerald_Coast.JPG

:)

Edited by hcpookie

Can you make it so that the refueling probe is retracted by default?

Never considered to retract the fuel probe. I'll have to look into that! :)

Think ACE pook lol

it's like in firefox with clint eastwood - "think in russian"

These birds are awesome, that and the rocket site you just released. Great to see there's still unique content created for a dying game!

I love Ospreys and you've done an amazing job with a lot of detail and hard work but, and maybe I'm stupid or have a conflicting addon, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get into the vehicle. I only get the fold wing option.

For future reference for anyone else that doesn't want to dig up the readme, the class names are:

pook_MV22 - USMC - unarmed 24-man transport, walkable interior

pook_MV22_idws - IDWS system w/ fewer seats

pook_MV22_idws_baf - BAF IDWS

pook_MV22_M240 - M240 rear gun version

pook_CV22 - USAF/USSOCOM - increased fuel capacity M240 version

pook_MV22_baf - BAF M240

I'm not trying to discourage reading the readme though! https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%214370

Edit: Doh! This is listed as an A3 mod on PW6 but I suppose it's an A2 mod? :/ Damn! I was wondering why it was showing up kinda funky in the editor. Sorry!

Edit 2: I got a sign that we need your awesome work and dedication added to ARMA 3 after I posted this and went to the mall and two MV-22 Ospreys flew over the parking lot and the mall slowly. I live in a Navy/Air Force area so no one really thought anything of it. The Navy people outside smoking cigs actually heard it coming way before I seen it. Was awesome.

Edited by dblack850