Sign in to follow this  
eddo36

U.S. Navy's new super gun

The U.S. Navy's Electromagnetic Railgun is capable of launching projectiles at 4,500 mph and hitting targets 100 miles away, faster and farther than any other gun.

Death Star?

Edited by Eddo36

I was reading articles last night about the upcoming generation of ships power systems, they can generate enough power for these kinds of weapons. They mention the rail gun and some "lasers". See service around 2028. Crazy!

Death Star?

If we can't have Mars then neither can those aliens! Mwhahah!!

Likely more of a deterrant weapon or something for naval units to assist ground units...for some reason it makes me think of a modern version of this.

http://www.pageresource.com/wallpapers/wallpaper/uss-iowa-battle-battleship-fire-gun-guns-navy-design_481542.jpg

Edited by NodUnit

I´m still waiting for this

Oh wow, that is the most interesting rendition of the ion cannon I've seen, always wondered if the required delay of time afterwards is a required cool-down period, if the heat is ejected into space or what exactly they use to make the weapon function.

Well its technicly not an Ion Cannon but there was a concept in 1979 or something called Project Thor which would use so called "rods from god", dropping tungsten rods from space to the earth.

COD Ghosts used a version of this and called it ODIN.

Edited by NodUnit

Oh wow, that is the most interesting rendition of the ion cannon I've seen, always wondered if the required delay of time afterwards is a required cool-down period, if the heat is ejected into space or what exactly they use to make the weapon function.

Well its technicly not an Ion Cannon but there was a concept in 1979 or something called Project Thor which would use so called "rods from god", dropping tungsten rods from space to the earth.

COD Ghosts used a version of this and called it ODIN.

Wow, that destruction scene kind of makes me wish I had seen the movie.

I actually think they should build on this idea and technology. I mean you get the destructive force of a small WMD, without the nuclear fallout. Granted that doesn't give a country a right to use them more often

I actually think they should build on this idea and technology. I mean you get the destructive force of a small WMD, without the nuclear fallout. Granted that doesn't give a country a right to use them more often

But without the fallout, and with the relatively cheap ammo, it might end up being used more.

I´m still waiting for this

Ohh you reminded me the original C&C and Red Alert 1... I got to play those again sometime.. !

Peace through Power! God I have to play Tiberium sun again sometime....

No matter where they run, no matter where they hide...they will always be within the Brotherhood's reach..

Welp time to go listen to the Tiberian Dawn OST and see if ole C&C wants to run.