Sign in to follow this  
forte2718

Can't Launch Game Since BattlEye Update - Stuck in Installation Loop

Hello,

Since the BattlEye update that happened around January 5th, 2015, I have not been able to successfully launch Arma 2 OA. I have tried every solution I can find multiple times, but to no avail. Please help!

Description of issue: When launching Arma 2 OA, a command line prompt opens with the text, "Installing BattlEye Service." However, this program's execution is stopped by Windows, which displays a prompt asking which user to run the program as. Naturally, I choose the Administrator account which I am running on (which is the stock Windows account that has full permissions), and uncheck the box to restrict program access. After clicking OK, the command line prompt then continues and says "Successfully Installed BattlEye Service." Then, it runs again, in the same window! That is to say, after installing BattlEye, it then tries to install BattlEye again, displaying the "Installing BattlEye Service" text a second time. And then a third time, and a fourth, and so on. No matter what I do, even though it says it installed successfully, it will never allow me to actually launch the game, it just keeps trying to reinstall BattlEye over and over. If I check the box to restrict program access or I deny access altogether, it says "Installation Failed" and then just quits. Either way, I cannot even launch the game. This is happening on Windows XP x64. Arma 2 itself will launch and run, but Arma 2 OA and mods to Arma 2 OA (such as DayZ) will never run. The game was working just fine prior to the BattlEye update around January 5th.

Solutions tried:

• Uninstalling BattlEye and reinstalling it
  • Uninstalling Arma 2 OA and reinstalling it
  • Validating game files through Steam
  • Copying the latest BattlEye .exe files from BattlEye.com
  • Disabling anti-virus protection
  • Disabling network/firewall protection
  • Setting all BattlEye .exe files to run as Administrator (even though they already should be)
  • Deleting the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye"
  • Unhiding the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings"
  • Messing with every file/folder permission I can find.
  • Verifying the md5sums for the BattlEye .exe files is correct

I have a programming background so I can provide any other details that you'd like me to. As mentioned, uninstalling and reinstalling the game does not work.

Please help!

there was new BE installer/updater update today so please make sure you have it first

Thanks Dwarren,

Today, I verified my game installation, installed BattlEye through the normal wizard that launches a comand prompt to launch BEService, and used the new BEService.exe download that was released today to successfully complete the update process this time. I wonder what exactly was the problem, perhaps I'll never know ... but at least I got lucky! So as long as it's working now, that's all that matters. Thank you!

Hallo forte2718 and Dwarden,

I have exactly same problem! Please, may someone help me?

I have tried:

Copying latest files from battleye.com/download.html

I have always done BattleEye updateds manualy for my Arma 2 OA to play DayZ and it always worked fine. Untill today. After todays typical unsuccesfull BattleEye auto-update, I rushed in to do it manualy. And afterward as I wanted to play the game this "never ending loop thingy" of BattleEye self installation came in. So I googled it. Found many people with similar problem. And all seemed without any solution ?! Then I have found this post. It describes the problem in the best profesional maner :) thank you Forte! After all of my unsuccesful attempts I am convinced now it is BattleEye program related error and I give up my troubleshooting :(

If somehow I make it working again, I will post.

Regards.

Creating Antivirus Exclusion for:

C:\Program Files\Steam\*

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BattlEye\*

Creating/Checking Firewall Exception:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2\arma2.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA_BE.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\BEService.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

\BEService_x64.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\DLCsetup\ACR\datacachepreprocessor.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BattlEye\BEService.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe

Deleting the BE Service folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\BattlEye

Deleting BattlEye folder C:\Documents and Settings\Filip\Local Settings\Data aplikací\ArmA 2 OA

Running ArmA2OA_BE.exe file as Administrator (even though they already should be)

Screaming at my PC :o)

Edited by Fila

even after yesterday's OA BE update?

Dwarden and Sable,

Thank You a lot for a quick reply.

Sable, Yes I did ucheck this before. Situation after uchecking it is as follows: after a command line prompt says "Successfully Installed BattlEye Service" after a while it says again "Installing BattlEye Service" and opens up the window "which user to run the program as" and the situation repeats. Only option it gives me is continue in loop or cancel it.

image.jpg

Edited by Fila

Dwarden and Sable,

Thank You a lot for a quick reply.

Sable, Yes I did ucheck this before. Situation after uchecking it is as follows: after a command line prompt says "Successfully Installed BattlEye Service" after a while it says again "Installing BattlEye Service" and opens up the window "which user to run the program as" and the situation repeats. Only option it gives me is continue in loop or cancel it.

http://s12.postimg.org/ajsq03w8t/image.jpg

Your current user account has administrator permissions, right?

There is something on your system that prevents BE from loading properly then (error display is not fully implemented in the BE Launcher yet). Did this problem only start recently? Please check your anti-virus or similar software (even if disabled).

Edited by $able

Yes, my account has administrator permissions.

This problem started today.

I have just uninstalled BattlEye for Arma 2 OA, then deleted again directories:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BattlEye

C:\Documents and Settings\Filip\Local Settings\Data aplikací\ArmA 2 OA

Lunched CCleaner to clean up Steam and registry.

Rebooted PC.

Disabled all Avast Antivirus shields.

Executed Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe from C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup

and installed it.

Copyed latest files from battleye.com/download.html

Run Steam and Arma 2 OA.

Same result :(

(I did also Steam "run as administrator" no difference)

Only difference was, I thing I have seen this for a split of second:

"Updating BattlEye.."

Before it changed into this again:

"Installing BattlEye Service"

But it could be my stresfull imagination

Anyway I am appreciating Your help!

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 ----------

Additional notes:

All previous manual updates i did, by downloading files from battleye.com/download.html did not triger command prompt at all. By clicking on Arma 2 OA in Steam, game engine loaded right away and upon joining multiplayer session I saw red msgs telling me BattleEye is up to date. Only today it trigered this install request what resumed in loop.

Also I always had this event in my WinXP(SP3), bud everything worked fine. I am not sure if it is relevent:

Služba BEDaisy neuspěla při spuštění v důsledku následující chyby:

Žádost nebylo možno provést z důvodu chyby zařízení I/O.

Další informace získáte v Centru pro nápovědu a pomoc na http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Now my event viewer changed into this:

Služba BEDaisy neuspěla při spuštění v důsledku následující chyby:

Uvedená procedura nebyla nalezena.

Další informace získáte v Centru pro nápovědu a pomoc na http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Edited by Fila

I'm sorry for the confusion, I have just identified an issue with the current BE Service version on Windows XP. It should be fixed by tomorrow.

Sable, You are absolutly awesome :)))

Thank You for Your work. I didnt expect getting such a profesional and quick help.

You have made my day nice :)

i have this exact problem and im so mad. i spent over 7 hours yesterday deleting battleye from arma, clearing appdata, deleting stuff in program files/common files, restarted my pc over 20 times and did god knows how many verify on steam.

i cant wait for fix, its 12:11 pm here, hope i get to play this evening with my friends :)

Hallo Sable,

Still same problem :/

I have just made new download from battleye.com/download.html, but I am having still the same problem.

I also did steam arma2oa verify integrity of cache, it did not solve it. And I did full scan of Avast Antivirus, no thread found, did not solved it.

I will just keep on re-downloading it today and see if it is working.

Regards.

Edited by Fila

yeah, there was no updates yet. still same problem with service.exe

i keep checking this topic every 5-10 min in case devs post something new :)

Skullscar, Thank You for You msgs. I am also sitting on this thread like every few minutes...

Its pleases me knowing I am not alone :)

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Oh my go, oh my god. It is alive !!!!!

I have just whitnessed service.exe updated on the battleye. I downloaded it. And it is all wokring properly now. I am so happy, omg, omg, huaaaaaa :))))))

skullscar, go ahead and redownload, it shell work for u too. And have fun gaming with your friends :)))

Sable, what ever You did, I love You :) thank you for fixing it up for me! I can again enjoy the great game of DayZ.

Fila

Edited by Fila

i fixed my problems like this: i deleted be from steam arma 2 oa folder and from program files. did verify on steam, installed battleye. tried to play the game and same problem happened. then i renamed beservice.exe to beservice1.exe in program files, started arma and i coud see the command window starting up, new service.exe downloaded and i coud play. started the game, be version was 1.220 and it upgraded to 1.231

game works :)

skullscar, I am glad u made it running :)

it was nice to tolk to you.

Hello guys, I see this is a thread from a few months ago but I wasn't sure if I should have created a new thread or not. Anyway, about 6 months later, here I am having the same problem described before. I have tried absolutely everything. Yes my steam in running as administrator, yes I have disabled both UAC and Antivirus Software, yes I have manually installed Battleye from the main website several times. I am running windows 8.1 and have only recently encountered this problem. I have been messing about with many fixes but none of them work!! Help me please???

Having this issue, I had to enable it so i could fix a driver issue with a wireless nic card. and its now disabled by using "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF" I've rebooted several times now and it still says its on...

e158250aa6.png

00e1647b8b.png