anthariel

Tilos : Greek Island

Just so you know, the solar plant is wrong. The tower wouldn't be used with photo-voltaic systems like the blue panels. It'd be used with reflectors aimed at the central tower. This is called High Temperature Solar Energy.

Can you do something against the aggressive lighting? Some fields in the open look like snowfields, something so many ArmA 3 maps suffer from. Could be much more beautiful if this was toned down. Thanks for the map!

Awesome Island.

Would be nice to have it working with Alive, since at this point Alive do not even load on it, in my end anyway.

I had so much fun fighting around the abandoned hotel last night. Great map!!

Hi!

I'm actually working on the alpha release for Kandahar Province (this month).

Then I'll finish Tilos with cool new area and a lot of fix ;)

Edited by Anthariel

Stunning, thanks for your work on this. Look forward to the update

Thank you William and Dajoker !

Here a... hum little teasing picture of the "new tilos" (restarted from the scratch) :cool: : http://arma-france.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/8-1024x1024.jpg (sorry for the poor quality).

As you can see, Tilos is now an official Military island with a new military airfield (bigger).

We have also a new real island, she name is Analipis Isliand, located ~12km above Tilos. This island also has an airport (civilian version).

Here a... hum little teasing picture of the "new tilos" (restarted from the scratch) :cool: : http://arma-france.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/8-1024x1024.jpg (sorry for the poor quality).

As you can see, Tilos is now an official Military island with a new military airfield (bigger).

We have also a new real island, she name is Analipis Isliand, located ~12km above Tilos. This island also has an airport (civilian version).

Wow... looking awesome!...

Looking forward to trying :)

Awesome! One Question though, will you make the terrain as close to reality as possible or will you go for a fictional approach?

Thanks!

@Lumnuon, during the alpha and beta versions, I made many mistakes. But for Tilos I need to create fictionnal area like the military airbase and FOB unfortunatly.

Also, IRL Analipis is located ~100km near Tilos (https://www.google.be/maps/place/Tilos/@36.5606452,26.3851433,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1495e8ba8472ae7d:0x400bd2ce2b9b3e0?hl=fr) but in game, this island is located at ~12/13km above Tilos.

But concerning the level design I rely on IRL pictures/video to be more realistic as possible with the level design. All area (exept all military areas of Tilos) are represented in-game.

However, I want to create a new approach for military nautical war, some of my friends have commended to me by example a submarine base on Tilos. It's could be very cool and interesting for Search & Destroy missions.

Create a "nautical warfare" betwen Tilos and Analipis could also be interesting.

• Like 1

A god who speaks English so poorly so :cool:

Thank a lot!

Looking for a new map, and Tilos is next on my list. Wow. So far it looks great. Can't wait to try her out this weekend. Looks very detailed and about the right size.

Was wondering, how you did that opening shot in the video with the satellite? Very cool. I also love the location of the island. It works for my roleplaying story-line. AAF (Syria in disguise) has started the next war by invading Greece. Backed by Iran, the AAF managed to capture the island of Tilos.

NATO sets up a base on Stratis. Russia takes this oportunity to expand into the Black Sea and Crimea (Chernarus). ISIS making a mess of the middle east, Iran expands throughout. Altis is teetering on falling next. Mediterranean is a full on war-zone.

And where did it all start? ...Tilos!

Been playing quite a few matches of capture the flag on this map and Kandahar Province, love your work! Hope you are still on it =)

Yes I would like to know as well if you are still working on this fantastic map. We already did an awesoem campaign on this island ( http://igghq.com/wiki/Key_Guardian) and now would like to return to finish the mission in the southern part of the island.