anthariel

Tilos : Greek Island

Thanks you two!

@D787 : I wanted to take the idea of a greece island from Bohemia, though I found it quite lacked details on Stratis and Altis (caves, underwater environment, details on the rocks ...) so I added it to Tilos :)

Edited by Anthariel

I did just a quick look at the map and so far I love the size of the map. Also I love the shape!

The only two things I keep thinking about is it feels almost like stratis due to the hills. I was wondering if some flatland altis style would be implemented? Also rocks and arma 3 normally mean death. I want to say it was the south/south east side of the island there was a hills and just rocks. Kinda near a cave.(which was awesome by the way. I just wonder how many people are going to die due to getting arma-ed by the rocks.

However so far good job. Keep up the hard work.

Thanks!

About the flatland, I think it will be difficult on this map (due of its shape and size).

Here a screen http://i.imgur.com/oEe3BoZ.jpg : To the left of this image you can see very mountainous shape. To the right, the white texture represents a rocky shape ( not yet finished ) ( another screen by clicking here )

Now when you mention it, I realize that it really is mountainous ... even to much... :huh:

Unfortunately, as I said, this is partly due to the shape of the island.

Now, for the deathly rock, I noticed that certain rocks are dangerous if they are placed in a certain way, so I try now limited the rocks in some areas.

However, having worked on the CryEngine for few years, I notice if I put less rock, the gameplay would be really boring, I find Stratis and Altis mountains too "empty" with big lack of coverage for the soldiers. ( However, I understand that BIS will do anything to gain some FPS ).

So yes, I think you're right, but I think the players should think before going on a rock, normally it should not have to worry, but if someone told me about a deathly rock, I will fix this bug. :p

Anyway, I appreciate your feedback, thank you again! I will not forget this for my next map :)

I will give some new screens of few new locations today :)

Edited by Anthariel

Sorry for the delay, I had a busy day yesterday.

Here some screenshots of new locations ( Mikero Chorio and his cave, Agola Solar... )

http://imgur.com/a/yJVTS#0

I've also started an Infantry Showcase that will be available for the next release and I also created an addon made especially for missions makers with some nice features:

• Compatibility with the Jiri Wainar OSD Function ( this function ( that worked only on Stratis & Altis ) display an OSD with location, date time... )
  • Custom PostProcess included for missions makers.
  • Few pre-included screenshots for the mission maker that can be use for the loading.

Edited by Anthariel

A little Trailer for the incoming Beta version is available, enjoy !

Edited by Anthariel

WOW! That looks sensational! Very professionally done as well! top job! cant wait!...

! ...another exclamation mark for the sake of it

WOW! That looks sensational! Very professionally done as well! top job! cant wait!...

! ...another exclamation mark for the sake of it

Couldn't agree more. ! ...another exclamation mark for the sake of it.......;)

Haha, Thanks! :) Glad that you like it!

Edited by Anthariel

A little Trailer for the incoming Beta version is available, enjoy !

Wow.... great work so far. :)

By the way: thanks.

05/02 it's my birthday :bounce3:

Well, This live was boring because I had problems with my streaming software that eats 40% of my CPU and prevents me from launching Bulldozer so ... I would be one later with another software :)

Anyway, thanks again! I recently started the largest city on the island (Livadia) ... and it a cool thing to do, I look forward to trying urban combat in this city :-) Like Megalo Chorio I wanted to give an " height " aspect for the city.

Here a early early early early... work in progress screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/SUgcrOm.jpg

Edited by Anthariel

This mod is amazing and I look forward for the rest of the map, I just tried it out by flying for a bit and it's simply stunning.

Had a chance to finally play a mission on Tilos today using Mcc and taped it...

really great stuff in there!!! Well done Anthariel!

last one is processing still I think so it may be a few before they can be viewed in HD

Very cool videos CosmiC10R, glad you like Tilos :cool:

I hope you will enjoy the next update :)

this map is already great and is probably going to be awesome when finished.

Just two small things

first: the street next to the concrete boardwalk in the south village has some strange bumbs

second: the sandbag bunkers in the fob are not usable atm.. you cant get an proper viewing angle down the hill to shoot at advancing enemies

keep up the outstanding work

Thanks you Flex!

And, also thanks for your feedback, it's should be fixed for the next update :pistols: :868:

Edit: If you don't already play to the map, here a great video from Deathwatch where he made a short presentation of the island, thanks to him!

Edited by Anthariel

Threw up a server with @tilos. The map is the only mod you need, start with diving gear and uses Tonic's VSS to spawn vehicles. Jump in and start exploring!

108.21.52.216:2302

pass = p@ssword (just to keep randoms out)

Beware, I'm at work and there is no server restart set up so I have no idea what's going on in there, and you will receive no assistance!

Very nice terrain, Anthariel. Looking forward to any updates and also your new creations!

I love the realistic and natural level design, it runs quite smooth as well. Excellent work on all ends! :)

Thanks Soolie! I will try to come today :D

@Inlesco, Wow, thanks you a lot :hehe: I am very glad that for my first terrain, I have so much positive feedback, i hope you will like the beta!

I still have much work to do for his release but 40% of Livadia is ended and some cool locations like Mikero Chorio, Tilos Military Airport, Agola Solar are finished to. From the last update a lot of work was made ( new mid texture, reworked satmap, reworked mask, +20.000 objects, ~1.000 misplaced object fixed... ( a full changelog will be released with the beta ).

I hope to release some new screenshots from new locations at the end of the month :)

Edited by Anthariel

Hey Anthariel really awsome map that you have made. really liking it.

Dont know if this might be something you have missed for the beta update but there is a random basketball court in the west side of a mountain at 027053 behind the construction site.

Hi Granis, thanks for your comment!

Also, thanks for your feedback, I've not noticed this, it's probably a copy/paste fail :lookaround: ... Anyway, it's now solved for the next update and with that I also discover a couple of errors on Agios Antonios, so thank you again!

3 days before the beta :)

Edited by Anthariel

Hi Anthariel, this map is beautifully done and each of the different areas have a very distinct character and feel to them. I'm really looking forward to the next update.