Sign in to follow this  
Alpha234

Application error on luach

Everytime I attempt to launch the game through steam or the Arma2OA_BE.exe it instantly throws an application error (0xc000009a).

I have already tried several reinstalls of battleye and have verified the gamefiles through steam multiple times.

The game itself launches fine without battleye but that however prevents me from playing on the majority of public servers.

Strange. Verifying files, re-installing or manually grabbing BE files from here usually fixes things. Have you always had this problem or has it started now since the recent BE updates?

If you don't get things to work i think you'd best be sending BE an email with any logs/details of the problem.

there was new BE installer/updater update today so please make sure you have it first

I`ve tried two clean installs to no avail, I`m in the process of talking to Battleye support.

i too, have this same issue. for me it happened on thursday the 19th of feb. i just wanted to reload the server files of a Dayz Epoch server by going to the multerplayer lobby and re-joining, at that moment my game crashed, i have tried reinstalling everything. even reinstalled steam and all components that have anything to do with arma 2 or battle eye and it's still not working. i've gotten to the point that i would reinstall my windows to try and fix this.. but i thought it would be better to post under here becouse this is what happens to me aswell, in hopes of getting an answer.

oh, and i can't find the Dsound.DLL anywhere as Aplha234 described..

if you need any other information, just ask

Edited by xTurtleZ

i too, have this same issue. for me it happened on thursday the 19th of feb. i just wanted to reload the server files of a Dayz Epoch server by going to the multerplayer lobby and re-joining, at that moment my game crashed, i have tried reinstalling everything. even reinstalled steam and all components that have anything to do with arma 2 or battle eye and it's still not working. i've gotten to the point that i would reinstall my windows to try and fix this.. but i thought it would be better to post under here becouse this is what happens to me aswell, in hopes of getting an answer.

oh, and i can't find the Dsound.DLL anywhere as Aplha234 described..

if you need any other information, just ask

I got the same error on the same day in the same exact way so if someone could help us it would be great

I got the same error on the same day in the same exact way so if someone could help us it would be great

hey man, i managed to fix it by deleting a windows update that camne out at that time, control panel>window update>history of updates>installed updates>try and find the the update with the code KB3004394. you have to restart your computer after you've uninstalled it and your pc might act a little bit strange at first but will be fine later. after this just start steam and open arma 2 OA and it should work.

hope it helps you out aswell! :o

cheers