Sign in to follow this  
xhdx

How do I create a simple "Destroy" waypoint for Jets?

Hi, I'm trying to create a simple Destroy Waypoint for a group of jets, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

I have created a line of waypoints from the spawn of the jets, to the target, with the last waypoint being placed over the top of the target in the editor with these settings:

Waypoint Type: Destroy

Placement radius: 10

Combat mode: Open fire, engage at will

Behavior: Combat

The group of Jets, fly to the target but they don't fire. They seem to look directly at the ground target, but they don't usee their weapons. Have no idea why.

Thanks for reading :)

I think they look for laser designated targets, they don't do gun strafes, or at least that's my experience.

Well, after a short period of time, they came back and fired their machine guns and destroyed the target, but I would like them to do it without an initial spotting run, as they do. Sometimes, they don't even bother shooting the target.

And thank you again for helping me JShock :)

What is it they're targeting? (enemy units or buildings/structures).

Depending on what it is, you could reveal the targets {jet1 reveal [_x,4]} forEach list_of_targets

or if it's buildings, then place some LaserDeg targets as Mr Shock mentions "LaserTargetC", "LaserTargetW", "LaserTargetE" I think the names are.

Or you could record it with unitCapture/unitPlay if you want them to do something exactly.

What is it they're targeting? (enemy units or buildings/structures).

Depending on what it is, you could reveal the targets {jet1 reveal [_x,4]} forEach list_of_targets

or if it's buildings, then place some LaserDeg targets as Mr Shock mentions "LaserTargetC", "LaserTargetW", "LaserTargetE" I think the names are.

Or you could record it with unitCapture/unitPlay if you want them to do something exactly.

The target is a ground unit which I am trying to attack. I have put a marker on top of the unit, but the Jet's take ages to attack the unit.

I have no idea how to add the lines of code at all, and assumed they would attack straight away. Sometimes they don't even attack.

Put this in the init line of your soldier your playing as this addMagazine "Laserbatteries";

this addWeapon "LaserDesignator"; now you can lase the target yourself and the planes will hit the target you point to.

You could cheat and use a one-liner script, spawning a GBU over the marker at a certain time. Place a trigger which planes are triggering, then set timer to countdown-mode and fiddle with the countdown-values so the explosion syncs with the planes flying over the target.

Put this in On Act(ivation) in the trigger.

bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle getmarkerPos "markername";

Replace markername with your markers name.

Another way

If you like carpet bombs (I love them), check DLBlues post here

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mission-development/143007-scripting-thread.html

Works in Arma 3 too. Copy the If isserver code to a file called carpetBombing.sqf and place it in your mission folder in mydocs/arma3 - other profiles/yourplayername/missions/yourmissionname.

This line: null = ["CarpetBombStart", "CarpetBombEnd", 10, "Bo_GBU12_LGB", 10, 0.5] execVM "carpetBombing.sqf";

I placed in a trigger. Don't forget to place the 2 markers called CarpetBombStart and CarpetBombEnd.

Edited by mamasan8