Sign in to follow this  
Gudsawn

disableAI "FSM" - Does this still allow execFSM

When using _unit disableAI "FSM", does this simply prevent the default danger.fsm and formationC.fsm etc from executing or does it also disable using the execFSM command for that unit?

My objective is to be able to disable the default FSMs for a specific unit and replace them with a custom one (using execFSM "myCustomDanger.fsm", for example). Is this the correct way to use this command?

From what I can tell, execFSM is still run on the object when createUnit is called. disableAI "FSM" from what I can tell just prevents the FSM from accessing the behaviour states.

I suggested a few days ago tongue in cheek that disableAI "FSM" should be retitled to disableAI "Behaviour" since we have no way of terminating the FSM.

From what I can tell, execFSM is still run on the object when createUnit is called. disableAI "FSM" from what I can tell just prevents the FSM from accessing the behaviour states.

I suggested a few days ago tongue in cheek that disableAI "FSM" should be retitled to disableAI "Behaviour" since we have no way of terminating the FSM.

Hmmm ok, so I could still use execFSM but it would be useless since it can't access any of the behaviour states? You're right, if it doesn't actually terminate the FSM then it should be renamed to that.

Hmmm ok, so I could still use execFSM but it would be useless since it can't access any of the behaviour states? You're right, if it doesn't actually terminate the FSM then it should be renamed to that.

With what your intending to do, that would work fine. disableAI "FSM" only interacts with the BIS FSM. If you put your own FSM on the unit IE [_unit] execFSM 'AI\myBehaviourFSM.fsm'; then that will work fine but disableAI "FSM" will not interact with YOUR FSM, only the BIS one.

Excellent, that answers my question. Thanks :)