Sign in to follow this  
robbya

How does BIS treat a loyal customer?

I have to post here as you will see if you read below. Yes I am frustrated and angry.

I am an Arma3 player, or was, with over 600 hours logged and also I have Arma 2 and DayzSA. I was recently banned by Battleye for reasons best known to them and not given to me (they never reply to a request for support). In my frustration I posted the following on the Steam forum for Arma3:

"I have many, many hours of playing Arma games but sadly no more. I was playing on Battleroyale when I got the message "no player selected" and was then kicked. When I logged back in the next day I had a global ban from Battleye. BE has never replied to a single email I have sent asking for their help. Bohemia Interactive did but stated they could not help. The upshot is that all of my BE enabled games are no longer available and my only recourse is to buy all the games again in a new steam account - NOT A CHANCE.

I am not a cheat.

Buyer beware on this one. I love Arma but will no longer be able to play and will not risk a single penny more until Battleye at least have the decency to advise me why I was banned.

BI should think carefully about who they work with.

Ban hackers..yes...but treat people as innocent until proven guilty and at least tell them why they were banned."

I feel this is a fair post but BI's moderator did not - he deleted my post three times and then banned me, I guess BI don't want negative reviews.

I am really disappointed by the conduct of BIS in this and feel the need to vent my frustration. I will update (if this post remains) on the reply from BI to my formal complaint.

No doubt this will be deleted and I will be banned from here as well.

UPDATE 9th Jan 2015

Fair play to BIS - once this post was seen a moderator on this forum has contacted me offering to look into the matter. Why can't Battleye (their partner) be as helpful? Thanks BIS

Edited by robbya
Update
  • Like 1

Global banns are battle eye related not bis related that's why its being deleted you have to contact battleeye

Not good not being able to play Arma. Game rocks, especially with the marksman Dlc coming up in a couple months. But with all the hacker types and script kiddies I guess a few innocent guys get hit. At least bis responded, it's all battle eye now. Hope you get it sorted.

Ps , if this is all because you actually cheated or hacked and you're trying the innocent and outraged routine then I hope battle eye keeps on doing it's job.

Ps. Why the hell are you bitching and negative review Bis? Can't see the logic. If it's a false ban the battle eye are the guys you need to speak to.

yes..my point is that BE does not reply to their support email...ever. I asked BIS if they could help and they said no but at least responded. My post above is to warn other would be buyers that this third party company could destroy their game play. I don't think it fair that BIS remove that post. As you see I sates that BIS did at least reply. I also hope that BIS can encourage their partner to act in a more human way.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I have 600+ hours ...why oh why would I hack now!?

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Ps. Why the hell are you bitching and negative review Bis? Can't see the logic. If it's a false ban the battle eye are the guys you need to speak to.

Because the "support" from BE does not happen. They are the partner of BIS, BE are preventing me from playing my BIS product and I am advising other would be buyers that a third party could impact their gameplay in this way. I am not, and did not denigrate the BIS product. I love ARMA3. Yes, I would like BIS to intercede with BE if they can.

BE don't simply ban without reason..running cheatengine idling in the background can also get you banned but usually its server ban only

Well this is the end.

I have played BIS games since Arma 2 came out (look at my join date). I had 610 Hours logged on arma 3 and then I got a global ban. I never cheated (why would I after 600 hours - obviously this is a game I loved?) and Battleye never replied to my requests for help. I posted a forum discussion on Steam explaining my frustration with BattlEye which the forum mod Dwarden kept deleting and he then banned me - he laughingly PM'd me to advise he didn't delete it but moved it to the sub topic "trash bin" so I then posted my concerns on the BIS forum. Dwarvden came in here and closed that thread as well.

So initially my frustration was with Battleye but now BIS can join the ranks of those I have had enough of.

People can't seem to get their head around the fact that some of us are falsely banned - I don't like being called a cheat when I am not.

So here it is. Battleye is shite - they ban people and then never explain why - that is akin to calling someone a thief and then not showing evidence. BIS are only marginally better as at least they do respond to you - but this censorship makes me sick - and yes, moving threads to the trash bin is censorship dwarden - especially when the comments made are fair.

So that is it. I have asked steam to delete all BIS games (Arma 2, Arma 3 and DayzSA) from my steam account and no more will be added, ever - I know you don't care what one player does, but you know what? - for every one vocal, annoyed customer there are 10 others who simply go away.

Bye.

Edited by robbya

Once again. Dwarden told you before as have MANY. Battle Eye is NOT Bohemia. Do NOT argue with them over something they have NO Say over. They gave you a legit reason as to why they were removed - So quit filling our beloved forums with these post of hate and complaints towards a party not involved in this what so ever.

I have always gotten a reply from Bastian (BattlEye) whenever i sent him an email with a question or issue. (never been globally banned though) so i wouldn't believe he purposely is not replying to you. Anyways BE bans are clearly mentioned in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145530-Globally-banned-by-BattlEye-See-this I also heard BE now bans across games? (A3,SA?) I am yet to find someone who got global banned without any reason at all, however anything can happen i guess..

You are the only one at loss for getting steam to remove your games from your account.

Edited by markokil321

Once again. Dwarden told you before as have MANY. Battle Eye is NOT Bohemia. Do NOT argue with them over something they have NO Say over. They gave you a legit reason as to why they were removed - So quit filling our beloved forums with these post of hate and complaints towards a party not involved in this what so ever.

You really don't understand me buddy. My complaint IS NOT WITH BIS. It is with their partner Battleye. My point is that my games (not just arma) are now null and void because of a false ban. There fore my issue IS WITH BIS as Battleye is their partner. They can ban me as much as they want as I have already asked steam to remove any BIS game. I AM NOT A CHEAT...... I HAVE NEVER CHEATED...EVER. the problem with some of you is you just assume that coding is infallible. Well I am not a coder, I am not a computer expert. I am just a customer who loved a product and was then let down by it. I am a vocal person. I have a RIGHT to have my say just as much as you have a right to have your view.

Whatever...I actually just hope this never happens to you. Really.

Anyway..life is too short for this..I move on.

bon chance.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Posted by dwarden the last time:

You really don't get it do you? Your just asking for another forum ban if you keep doing this mate

Oh no! Really!

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Where was the hate? The hate is created by unfeeling and robotic responses. Like yours. They (BIS) DO have a say. They allow BE to run their anticheat software and then accept their Draconian customer service model. BIS (apart from Dwarden) have dealt with me in an admirable and generous manner..I have no beef with them. My issue ..and it is an issue that BIS can look at, is how their anti-cheat partner deal with THEIR customers. As a result of BE's customer service BIS have lost me as a customer (I know you think "well that is a good thing") but as I have spent a great deal of money and time on BIS products and will now be shifting that to other providers and advising other buyers not to purchase any product with BE support then BIS should consider that. Losing one customer is no biggy..but I know from my own work in sales that for every one vocal customer there are at least ten non vocal - then BIS should worry about this.

I am glad the other posters have great experiences with Battleye...i have never had an issue with them before (AS I AM NOT AN EFFING CHEAT!!!!!) but my one dealing with them has left a very bad taste. My opinion. My belief. You have yours.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I have always gotten a reply from Bastian (BattlEye) whenever i sent him an email with a question or issue. (never been globally banned though) so i wouldn't believe he purposely is not replying to you. Anyways BE bans are clearly mentioned in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145530-Globally-banned-by-BattlEye-See-this I also heard BE now bans across games? (A3,SA?) I am yet to find someone who got global banned without any reason at all, however anything can happen i guess..

You are the only one at loss for getting steam to remove your games from your account.

Happy for you. I have never dealt with them before. Their lack of response is what is causing all my issues. I AM NOT A CHEAT. If they told me WHY I was banned then I could decide if I should set up a new account or not. They don't reply. I understand that games are complex. I understand that things are not simple...but I DID NOT CHEAT. If this happened with this account why will it not with a new account?

Why can't people understand this?

A genuine cheat will assume the loss of an account as part of the risk..when they are banned they shrug their shoulders and set up a new account. It is the genuine gamers who are left asking "why" and "WTF?".

A cheater would not go to the lengths I have to argue this.

Whatever.....I am done with all this now.

I genuinely hope this never happens to you.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Posted by dwarden the last time:

You really don't get it do you? Your just asking for another forum ban if you keep doing this mate

I do "get it". Dwarden is wrong because he is censoring a negative review of how the game is set up. He/they can ban away but it does not change this issue. If dwarden had replied to my post...instead of deleting it....then people could see BIS's view of the issue. But he didn't..he simply deleted and banned.

I'm not censoring anyone, all posts related to global bans on steam discussions are moved to trash bin by default, no exceptions ...

if you not realize there're literaly 100s of such 'claims' of "it wasn't me", I get spam in all discussions , on my profile, into chat etc.

if you have problem with 'false positive' you contact support@battlEye.com that's rule established and used here for years

also details about bans aren't shared for obvious reasons (security)

also stop twisting facts, you kept posting again and again so you get temporary (yes not permanent) ban - so then you move here to repeat same cause ...

yet it don't mean that I will not look into nearly each ban ... (including yours)

Edited by Dwarden