sudayev

France General

They pledged allegiance to isis.

One of them tried to go to jihad last year.

Yes, it seems that he spent a year in jail after trying to go to Syria, and he was freed with an electronic tag. What a joke.
  • Like 1

Yes, it seems that he spent a year in jail after trying to go to Syria, and he was freed with an electronic tag. What a joke.

Yeah, a fucking judge (probably voting left) has decided he was ok, no longer a threat...

• Like 1

Speechless...... a 92 years old priest? Well, there certainly is only one martyr in this story....

• Like 1

Speechless...... a 92 years old priest? Well, there certainly is only one martyr in this story....

True. Great Islamic soldiers? Are you kidding me? Some cowardly twats with kitchen knives and way too much religious nonsense in their heads. Much warrior, such attack, wow. It would be laughable if it wasn't for the actual dead and injured people.

• Like 1

Looks like your euro media is shit too. They try hard to censor that it was another peaceful Muslim who BEHEADED someone. Not just a little throat slitting...

And you know it so well because you have seen a video. Or a picture. Or maybe you were there.

True. Great Islamic soldiers? Are you kidding me? Some cowardly twats with kitchen knives and way too much religious nonsense in their heads. Much warrior, such attack, wow. It would be laughable if it wasn't for the actual dead and injured people.

I find it peculiar when people point out what a bunch of losers they are, and yet everyone starts shivering when just hearing the word "ISIS"

Okay-I can't believe I have to say this again so soon-Do not post blatantly racist,derogatory comments here please. Some users have now had their posting abilities suspended and more will follow if people cannot have a rational discussion without resorting to name calling like a bunch of cgildren

I find it peculiar when people point out what a bunch of losers they are, and yet everyone starts shivering when just hearing the word "ISIS"

Would I be afraid if a bunch of ISIS murderers knocked on my door right now? Sure, I'd probably rather jump out the window than getting beheaded. Am I particularly afraid by the chances of such thing occuring? No, not really. They've been thus far not capable of striking any significant victory against, say, our infrastructure. We're 500 million people, just in the EU, and they've killed a couple hundred?  As sad as these tragedies are, that is insignificant in the big picture. On the other hand, we posses the power to nuke away every single Muslim country in whatever time a bomber or a missile needs to reach it. Not that I would suggest such thing. It's just that they use these guerilla tactics for a reason: because they simply are not strong enough to actually face us head on. They are weak fucks for which a 90+ year old defenceless priest poses an actual target because they know they cannot compete with our military and police forces.

In short, these ISIS fucks are not the mighty warriors they say they are. They can barely hold their own territory, let alone take ours. Their only real weapon is fear and it's on our end if we allow them to use it on us. You see, the thing with a guerilla war is that you can never really win anything if you don't have a major part of the populace supporting you. I don't see that (yet?), even if the number of Muslim extremists in Europe might be growing. Thus, I feel their efforts are pretty much futile. At least if we would stop jumping in panic every time there's just a slight glimpse of an Islamistic attack.

Their only real weapon is fear and it's on our end if we allow them to use it on us.

very well said, and at the end this is the important point. Because we do allow them to use it on us, as I said. As you pointed out, we had a couple of hundreds dead in Europe, and people are panicking already.

So I believe that at the end this will go against them. As you said, their efforts are futile. However, for the time being, I would say they are pretty much kicking our ass. Which is sort of ridiculous.

So I would stop ridiculing them. A couple of months ago there was this video on Vice of these ISIS fighters going to fight like they were going to a picnic. Everybody was laughing. But when it comes to fighting them, the laugh immediately stops.

It is very sad to say, but unfortunately they are doing an excellent job.

Edit: and by the way, we are not 500 million anymore :D

Er...

Fear is not their only weapon:

Semtex, 7.62x39, grenades, knives, trucks...

Plus a whole bunch of brainless people ready to explode themselves to gain their 72 virgins...

• Like 1

Er...

Plus a whole bunch of brainless people ready to explode themselves to gain their 72 virgins...

being difficult, aren't we? :)

How many did they kill so far? Maybe 200? 250?

They are scaring hundreds of millions off, and much better armed and trained.

If it's not the only weapon, it's quite close. Definitely their main weapon, by far. Or they wouldn't be called terrorists :)

And you know it so well because you have seen a video. Or a picture. Or maybe you were there.

The news are now spreading.

He was decapitated and they also filmed that. After that they made some Arabic ritual on the altar.

The jailed guy was allowed to be without collar between 8:30AM-11:30AM and you can guess when this happened...

That's what Daily Mail, BBC and CNN says.

The news are now spreading.

He was decapitated and they also filmed that. After that they made some Arabic ritual on the altar.

The jailed guy was allowed to be without collar between 8:30AM-11:30AM and you can guess when this happened...

That's what Daily Mail, BBC and CNN says.

sorry, but i still read that they slit his throat. CNN says: "Hamel had his throat slit in the attack, said Agnes Thibault Lecuivre, spokeswoman for Paris' anti-terrorism prosecutor."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/26/europe/france-normandy-church-hostage/index.html

If you have better sources please post

How many did they kill so far? Maybe 200? 250?

You just forget all the people who die in other countries, every day, because of them.

As General Garrison said:

"300 000 dead and counting. That's not a war Mr Atto. That's genocide."

• Like 1

very well said, and at the end this is the important point. Because we do allow them to use it on us, as I said. As you pointed out, we had a couple of hundreds dead in Europe, and people are panicking already.

So I believe that at the end this will go against them. As you said, their efforts are futile. However, for the time being, I would say they are pretty much kicking our ass. Which is sort of ridiculous.

So I would stop ridiculing them. A couple of months ago there was this video on Vice of these ISIS fighters going to fight like they were going to a picnic. Everybody was laughing. But when it comes to fighting them, the laugh immediately stops.

It is very sad to say, but unfortunately they are doing an excellent job.

Edit: and by the way, we are not 500 million anymore :D

The problem is that they have the initiative. The attacks we saw so far didn't require any actual planning or obtaining of resources. Everyone could go to the DIY store tomorrow, buy an axe, and head for our their church. No intelligence or police service will notice it until it's too late. But on the other hand, they're basically throwing rocks at a mountain. One cannot do any significant damage to an entire society with a kitchen knife. So yes, we ourselves are our biggest enemy here. And to a certain extent I can understand that fear. I just feel the need to question and combat it with some rationality from time to time. After all, that is what separates us from these modern barbarians.

Well, technically Britain's not out just yet. :D

Er...

And what do you think a bunch of lowlifes with some black market rifles and home-made explosives can do against the 60+ million French people? Let's just look at ISIS' goal for a second. I'm not up to speed but I believe they actually want to conquer the whole world and enslave or kill all infidels. Ambitious might be right word here, considering that all they have is, what, between 50.000 and 250.000 potential fighters; infantry and light vehicles mostly. (It's interesting to see that the numbers vary so much. I wonder why. Well, maybe because the loyalty of their militia is not that high when facing actual military forces...)

So, what does France has to offer in return you ask? Oh, I don't know, about 300.000 active soldiers (Gendarmerie included) with tanks, fighter jets, carriers, ships, and God damn nuclear warheads, maybe? And that is just France alone, not counting all the NATO allies. ISIS simply cannot win - conventionally. And even if they somehow did, how would their world government look like? The ambitious goal of conquering the world, or at least parts of it, has been pursued by so many nations, armies, maniacs, ..., and not a single one succeeded so far.

Most Islamic states are simply inferior. (And no, not because of race or skin colour or genes or whatever racist bullshit.) Military? Can't compete. Science? A bloody joke. (Fun fact, I've actually read some of the few research papers in my field which came from Islamabad, Pakistan, I think. It was laughably bad both in terms of form and content.) Technology? Uhm. Wealth and economics? Oil, in some countries, maybe for the one percenters. Freedom of speech? Nope. Education? Nothing beats free college for everyone. Quality of life in general? Not really. There is a reason why so many people from Islamic societies seek a better life in Europe. Because they realised that there are other ways to live than being trapped in a 1.000+ years old mindset. We Europeans realised that just 200-300 years ago when we dismantled Christianity in favour of rationalism and freedom.

I wonder, what means, other than prayers and fear, does ISIS posses to achieve their long--term goal of conquering the Western world?

• Like 1

Most Islamic states are simply inferior.

We live in information world and our societies are fully open and vulnerable to threats coming from info space. And those inferiors know that well.

Your armies are for wars passed long ago. No matter how much troops they have if you don't fight them where they fight you, in information space. Unfortunately information freedom unties their hands and ties your. Do something with this and not with their troops.

Well, they still can kill people.

They frighten people because they can kill whenever they want, wherever they want and with any weapon.

Everything is a weapon for them.

• Like 1

They frighten people because they can kill whenever they want, wherever they want and with any weapon.

No, sorry.

How many deaths do you have caused by 'regular' criminal activity? Car (and all other technogen) accidents? Why u no frightened?

They frighten people because you allow them to. Damn, you even help them to.

Why no request for silence in social media like in Bruxelles? Of course it can't work every time, but hey, you are the guys with brains here, not them, right? Evolve.

Now is the point where you create something to win.

We live in information world and our societies are fully open and vulnerable to threats coming from info space. And those inferiors know that well.

Your armies are for wars passed long ago. No matter how much troops they have if you don't fight them where they fight you, in information space. Unfortunately information freedom unties their hands and ties your. Do something with this and not with their troops.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Are you talking about attacks on IT infrastructure or propaganda? Because AFAIK, large parts of the internet's infrastructure are still owned and maintained by corporations in the industrial countries. Basically all social networks, search engines, and knowledge bases worth mentioning are in the hands of Western-based corporations. And let's face it, China and Russia are a much larger threat in terms of attacks on our information. They have far more competent resources than Middle Eastern states let alone ISIS to compete with us in that regard.

As for propaganda, how does freedom of speech negatively affect us but not them? Quite the contrary, the internet gives us the possibility to call out religious bullshit worldwide. And people from third world countries to benefit from knowledge generated in the West. If your "do something with this" is aimed at censoring and silencing Islamistic websites in Europe then this is the exact same method oppressive regimes use to keep their population under control. And I do not stand for that shit. Even if what is expressed is disgusting bullshit. The freedom of speech, of ideas, and of science is what made us free in the first place. And that is what kept us advancing in all fields from medicine, over IT, to democracy itself. It's not perfect (yet), far from it, but we're in a much better position than countries that didn't pick up on this development. We should rather dismantle that Islamistic bullshit and educate our own people on how to evaluate and ultimately deal with extrimistic propaganda. Or just different opinions for that matter.

• Like 1

We, civilized societies/countries, can't win a war against an enemy who follows no rule at all as long as we won't fight at the same level.

Democracy can never win against terrorism.

• Like 1

We, civilized societies/countries, can't win a war against an enemy who follows no rule at all as long as we won't fight at the same level.

Democracy can never win against terrorism.

Define "win". That no terror attacks or homicides occure anymore? Dream on. Face it, life has risks to it. But, unlike these little terrorist twats in their religious dictatorships, we are part of the most free people on this planet. So yeah, I win everyday by just enjoying my life and the freedoms I have. There's absolutely nothing I would envy an ISIS fighter for.

I was talking about propaganda. And I was not suggesting limiting any freedoms. "do something with this" was addressed more to their block rather than to introduce yours.

We should rather dismantle that Islamistic bullshit and educate our own people on how to evaluate and ultimately deal with extrimistic propaganda. Or just different opinions for that matter.

Exactly. "Deal with extremistic propaganda" is not necessary limiting something 'bad'. Instead it is producing more 'good' to oppose.

Sorry for being unclear.

What is their level? They have no material body (no, their 50k-250k troops do not count). You can't win with planes and rifles either.

There's absolutely nothing I would envy an ISIS fighter for.

There's absolutely nothing ISIS fighter would envy you for. He is simply not aware of.