laxemann

Suppress by Jokoho482 and LAxemann - An unforgiving player suppression mod

Awesome. Do you think you two can also update Mount, Align, NV and Climb mods? Especially Mount and Align, IMO those should have been integrated by BIS.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you. :) I love your mods.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Awesome. Do you think you two can also update Mount, Align, NV and Climb mods? Especially Mount and Align, IMO those should have been integrated by BIS.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you. :) I love your mods.

I agree these are mods I would love to see updated as well!!!

I wonder if there is a way to adjust how much suppression you are affected by.  Personally i thought on the initial release that it was to much or that or that the suppression effect should fade away abit faster so that that its mostly happening when you actually being shot at so you know it.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2016 at 2:35 PM, Capt Childs said:

Much as with L_Align, since 1.64 getting []: 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/L_Suppress_Suppress_sys/' not an array popping in Eden when saving.

Suppress 2.0 is still suffering from the above, though I've discovered it only manifests itself when you place the Force L_Suppress editor module in a mission.

Sames goes for the current version of L_Align when you place the Force L_align module in the editor.

19 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

Suppress 2.0 is still suffering from the above, though I've discovered it only manifests itself when you place the Force L_Suppress editor module in a mission.

Sames goes for the current version of L_Align when you place the Force L_align module in the editor.

i just fix this issue in our dev branch for all our mods. so in the next update this should be fixed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jokoho482 said:

i just fix this issue in our dev branch for all our mods. so in the next update this should be fixed

Outstanding!

Is it suppose to not work when you shoot on your own side, as in blufor on blufor, we cant get it to work like that. but as soon we change we side to opfor it works?

Would it be possible to get a version you can configure, so set what distance rounds need to be in to suppress, a maximum level of suppression, speed suppression is lost and how much each round suppresses you and the like?

UPDATE 2.02

Download on first post/workshop

2.02 - You'd get suppressed by a nearby enemy using satchels etc.

• Like 4

Could you disable the suppression when being in the Zeus interface? 

Feature Request for config by players:

-ability to reduce the radius in which suppression is taken into account

(example: you're staying behind north side of the house, enemy is shooting on south side of the house - and he is suppressing u through many house rooms and two walls. It is not right in my opinion.  The radius in which you can be suppressed from a flying bullet should be reduced

- ability to disable the accumulation of the supression effect / or increase recovery speed after being suppressed

(sometimes  enemy is shooting to u too much and  supression effect is accumulating for u. And after enemy stops shooting, or  you crawled away in the safe place, u are still uder effect of supression - colours are moddy and so on.  and you need to wait ~15 sec until your vision returns to normalget in normal state/ It is to much in my opinion.)

Just for your giggles:

Someone reuploaded Suppress onto the Workshop, Joko filed a DMCA... and the guy actually filed a DMCA counter-notice and wants to bring this to court.

I called this guy in order to solve this without any tam-tam and aggression... and after a bit of back-and-forth he told me he won't say anything and has to speak to his lawyer.

I'm losing faith in humanity.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

If this actually goes to court, I will eat my own poo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 26/04/2018 at 2:33 PM, laxemann said:

the guy actually filed a DMCA counter-notice and wants to bring this to court.

I called this guy in order to solve this without any tam-tam and aggression... and after a bit of back-and-forth he told me he won't say anything and has to speak to his lawyer.

Funniest thing I've read on the BI forums for quite some time.

• Like 2

On 26/04/2018 at 2:57 PM, heavygunner said:

I will eat your poo, too.

...Don't judge.

I think you mean

"Don't, judge!"

• Like 2

Hey everybody,

I just updated the mod on the Workshop. As requested since ages, you are now able to tweak almost any aspect of suppress via the CBA options menu.

Also, the intensity of the "flyby" effect now scales with a combination of calibre and distance to player.

Enjoy! :D

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

On 20/11/2018 at 11:40 PM, laxemann said:

Hey everybody,

I just updated the mod on the Workshop. As requested since ages, you are now able to tweak almost any aspect of suppress via the CBA options menu.

Also, the intensity of the "flyby" effect now scales with a combination of calibre and distance to player.

Enjoy! :D

Pretty much perfect now! :) Really handy that anyone can tune it to his/her liking. I found that just having the "flyby" effect is good enough for me. The "blinkig" effect is annoying enough to keep your head down...and now you finally know if there is actually a bullet passing right by your head!

Is there any possibility to consider that explosions would also have a suppressing effect? it would nicely simulate the overpressure + dust and debries flying. From a gameplay perspective grenades and mortars would then have a "concussive" effect which again would make everything more interesting and realistic to some extent.

Thanks for your hard work! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Pretty much perfect now! :) Really handy that anyone can tune it to his/her liking. I found that just having the "flyby" effect is good enough for me. The "blinkig" effect is enoying enough to keep your head down...and now you finally know if there is actually a bullet passing right by your head!

Is there any possibility to consider that explosions would also have a suppressing effect? it would nicely simulate the overpressure + dust and debries flying. From a gameplay perspective grenades and mortars would then have a "concussive" effect which again would make everything more interesting and realistic to some extent.

Thanks for your hard work! :)

Hey dude,

thank you! :)

The effects should work for any kind of explosive, given that it was _fired_ from  weapon. Spawned explosions won't do the trick, but a shell impacting nearby should suppress you well! :D

Cheers

LAxe

• Like 2

This is one of my favourite Immersion mods for years now. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update!

This addon is a must have IMO and being able to tweak effects to your personal liking made it perfect :)

• Like 2

Another quick update.

V 2.04
- Suppress now also works when switching units in Zeus. Can be disabled, but will take another unit swap to take effect.

• Like 5