laxemann

Suppress by Jokoho482 and LAxemann - An unforgiving player suppression mod

No as war as I know it only effects you (and only visuals)

If you want to suppress AI enemies....try ASR ^^

For me personally I barely get any effects, or not enough to my liking, is there any way to increase/decrease the sensitivity? A config option would be nice. :)

[EDIT] I'd also like the effect to be able to stay around for a bit longer, when I do get suppressed it lasts about 1 or less second with decent blur.

Edited by LowFlyZone

For me personally I barely get any effects, or not enough to my liking, is there any way to increase/decrease the sensitivity? A config option would be nice. :)

[EDIT] I'd also like the effect to be able to stay around for a bit longer, when I do get suppressed it lasts about 1 or less second with decent blur.

You're not suppresed then, the "short effect" only appears when a bullet splashes next to you.

You'll get suppressed when there are constantly some bullets flying by/imapcting.

Try making you invulnerable, place yourself behind a sandbag and then let a HMG or LMG shoot at you. ;)

If bullets fly overhead and do not impact anything within short range of you, do you get the supression effect or are you using only impacts to calculate the effect?

If bullets fly overhead and do not impact anything within short range of you, do you get the supression effect or are you using only impacts to calculate the effect?

Bullets flying over your head also count, but only to ~70% or so. :)

Very nice. Reminds me of Project Reality BF2 alot. Thanks for creating this.

We waited SO LONG for something that could top the classic "Wizz" addon. A true must-have. Great addon and many thanks for it!

Works like a charm and people finally learned to keep their heads down. 10/10 AOTY.

Is there a way to disable the effect after player dies and respawns as a seagull?

Respawn as a seagull is used in most of the spectators nowadays. The problem is that when you die and start spectating, while your dead body is still getting hit you also get a suppresive effects even while in spectator

Yeah this kind of mod is really good that you can actually see that you're even get shot or bullets are flying very close at you so you can react.

Likely many people think the suppression effect is quickly overdone fro some videos. Even I was bit sceptical about it when TacBF made something like this but when I've actually played with it I really like it. It's realistic because you don't want to pop your head when bullets are hitting right at the cover that you're behind and it gives suppression some real element. You can try to rambo with the suppression effect. It's hard but you can do it :D

Excellent addon. Added this to my personal "must-have" mod list, along with just about all the other addons you made. ;)

Is there a way to disable the effect after player dies and respawns as a seagull?

Respawn as a seagull is used in most of the spectators nowadays. The problem is that when you die and start spectating, while your dead body is still getting hit you also get a suppresive effects even while in spectator

I'll check in on that, buddy! :)

Thanks Lax Ill have to give this a go. I have had it downloaded for a while now just never get a chance.

Edited by Lordprimate

I was playing and happen to record this footage of your mod, thought I would share. Thanks for an incredible mod.

Very nice. Reminds me of Project Reality BF2 alot. Thanks for creating this.

I play Project Reality BF2 because of the suppression effect and it's voice comm system Mumble.

I wish this type of mod would just be a optional feature of the base game. It would change multiplayer gameplay drastically, but because this is a mod. It would require all players to download and use it in order to have the same effect as PR: BF2. In my opinion, BIS should of hired most of these modders to make Arma 3. Let's be honest here, most people don't play Arma 3 vanilla. Almost everyone plays it with mods. Why didnt BIS just hire some of the modders to work for them after Arma 2?

Let's be honest here, most people don't play Arma 3 vanilla. Almost everyone plays it with mods. Why didnt BIS just hire some of the modders to work for them after Arma 2?

Because you have to set priorities and maintain a quality management and standard.

Also, adding things to the engine itself is a way bigger task than "just" scripting around with the stuff that BI offers.

Additionally, every new employee generates costs.

It looks like after last A3 update effect somehow changed, it looks like it doesnt create radial blur/

Our group has been using this for a few sessions now, after our previous suppression mod mysteriously stopped working. Using it along with the immersion mod-pack, last night we got into a particularly big furball and the suppression mod here made a huge difference to how it felt and played, and was the first significant outing we've had with it. Big praise, very nicely done, added a lot to the game.

UPDATE!

L_Suppress (1.00)

Changelog

1.00 - Official first "Stable" version and players can no longer suppress themselves when using mounted guns and such. (Thanks to Fett_Li!)

Enjoy! :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is one of those moddes that someone would make a mod to remove if it was a default feature in the game.

This is one of those moddes that someone would make a mod to remove if it was a default feature in the game.

Different strokes, different blokes. Don't like it? Don't use it.

What an odd comment.

I actually understand your point but I have not stopped using this mod since first release. ;)

I totally agree with the philosophy. Hard to create that "1 life" feeling in sims/games. The entire core of simulations, is to trick the human psychology and create that intense immersion. When we play, we always play with No Re-spawns. 1 life per game. If you die, you have to sit out until the next round. Absolutely! :p

Any mods that work on that side of the hobby, gets my vote. Looking forward to finally trying this one out tonight for our game night. Looks great. Cool stuff bro! Thanks!!

Edited by Goblin
spelling/grammar