laxemann

Immerse by Jokoho482 and LAxemann

That's actually a cool Idea, I'll think about it :)

Another idea. Would it be possible in some way make an visual effect for a bullet passing really close by (like less than 1 m)?  Even with your excellent sonic crack -mod its still difficult to know if the bullet passed 20 cm or 2 m from ones head or if it hits the ground only 50 cm besides you.

In real life if a bullet passes your head by 20 cm you´ll duck instinctively for cover as you have a lot of sensory input (pressure wave, sound, flying debris). Maybe a little darkening of the corners similar to the "force" effect to simulate that "holy sh*t that was close" -feeling. :)

Yeah seconded! That would be awesome. Plus twitch too maybe! 

Another idea. Would it be possible in some way make an visual effect for a bullet passing really close by (like less than 1 m)?  Even with your excellent sonic crack -mod its still difficult to know if the bullet passed 20 cm or 2 m from ones head or if it hits the ground only 50 cm besides you.

In real life if a bullet passes your head by 20 cm you´ll duck instinctively for cover as you have a lot of sensory input (pressure wave, sound, flying debris). Maybe a little darkening of the corners similar to the "force" effect to simulate that "holy sh*t that was close" -feeling. :)

That feature is in Suppress mod from Laxemann. ;)

• Like 1

Hence my question above

Yes it is, my bad! And it works extremely well too. Domokun, the others that I've tried all work flawlessly in 1.54. That was your question right?

Has supress been updated? Last time I tried suppress, it actually blurs your screen until the point it becomes unusable. I understand what he is striving for with the blur effect, but as our community play mostly TVT with 100+ players having your screen blur/black -out at a critical moment will just cause people to RQ. The suppress mod would be great as is, if it just wouldn´t blur out the screen too much... Immerse seems much more subtle in its effects and thats why I proposed it as a feature for this mod. The effect of a near miss bullet should imho only be a short darkening of the corners. :)

Very very nice!

I like this alot!

Keep up!

:wub:

Yes it is, my bad! And it works extremely well too. Domokun, the others that I've tried all work flawlessly in 1.54. That was your question right?

Cheers mate. That was indeed my question. But I was hoping to get an answer from OP seing as he prolly understand the inter-dependencies better than anyone.

Uuuuh, can somebody from PW6 update the version of this mod to 1.5 please? The current version is still 1.2 and I'm kinda OC with mods. I'll give free "manly" hugs if this can be done. Pretty please *puppy dog eyes* Q.Q

Is this on Workshop?  Can we get it there,if not?  Neat update system....I`m wrong ,is there several keys in this?  Where do they go?

For some reason, Hetman: War Stories conflicts with L_Immerse. The various Immerse effects do not activate while in a War Stories mission.

After updating to the latest version (v1.5) I experienced significant losses in framerate, the likes of which I've never encountered before.

Any ideas why?

After updating to the latest version (v1.5) I experienced significant losses in framerate, the likes of which I've never encountered before.

Any ideas why?

Are you sure this is due to Immerse? Nobody else seems to have this issue.

Can you make another one where the "force" effect only applies when a bullet flies near you or hits near you? Same thing for explosions. That would be really cool imo. 

Edit: I have been trying La_Suppresion for a bit, it's really good, especially when you're heavily suppressed and your vision gets really blurry. That's really cool! If you could update the blinking effect and switch it to the force effect, that would make it perfect!

This mod doesn't work for me :/ When i try to start arma with this mod enabled it says ''Include file userconfig/LAxemann/L_Immerse.hpp not found.'' And i have put the userconfig map in the immersion mod map. I have also tried starting the game without the config map, but the problem remains :P Anyone else have this problem?? I really want to play with this mod...

Within the @L_Immerse folder there is a userconfig folder, copy/paste that userconfig folder into your main Arma 3 directory and you should be good to go.

Hey there sexy people,

I'm currently re-writing and updating my older mods with the knowledge I gained over the last few years. More performance and stability will be the result.

Also, I'd love some brainstorming on some new ideas for Immerse - Whatever comes to your mind regarding "smaller" immersion features.

Btw., the first updated mod will be climb, with some improved and added features. :)

Cheers

LAxe

• Like 8

Hey Laxeman, that sounds promising.

One idea i had, actually it's sort of an old hat but it would fit into the immerse topic, is a hearing effect.

I know there are many already, as in ACE etc. But adding the option that if there is a explosion or a big gun fired very close to you, that you suffer of some sort of hearing distortion.

Maybe like a temporary deafness with a whistling or something like that.

Could we get an increased blood pumping sound similar to ace when your meds are out or you have low blood pressure etc., for when we are under direct suppression. This would be coupled with the whitening effect during this time. Louder as the whiteout increases. Obviously don't want it to be blaringly loud in the head but a noticeable effect with the dulling of environmental sounds. Just an enhancement to the sensory effects :)

I'm pretty sure I'm currently using all of your mods/scripts, except for the arm one, but only because of the BIS walking with lowered weapon bug.

But here are some ideas ​to mess around with:
0. LMG Reloading: Reloading rifles and sidearms without looking is understandable, but an LMG? It might be more realistic to force the player's camera to look at the LMG and maybe with some logical/realistic head movements during the reload animation of the weapon.

1. Sun Blinds: Could add a brief PP effect for staring into the sun, making everything dark and have a purple spot in the center, which all fades back to normal over a short time. Kinda like ArmA 2?

2. First Aid Kits: Vanilla FirstAidKit items heal up to 75% of your health. What if it didn't heal, but stopped bleeding, and only the Medic with a Medikit treated you could actually heal you? Also, the bleeding would have to cause minor damage over time. -1% per 6 seconds?

3. VON vs AI: Holding down the key to talk in VON direct chat will alert AI within 50 meters

4. VON Radio SFX: Could try to make VON act more like ACRE or TFAR by adding a radio squelch and distortion when players are talking in Command, Group, and Vehicle chat channels.  I'm tempted to try to write something like this actually.

I have a ton more ideas, but I don't want to write a novel or hijack the thread lol.

I think all the immerse stuff should just be clientside, and not affect VON or Medkits, just IMO.

I like using it on COOP games and stuff but it doesnt affect other peoples stuff.

I think the heartbeat while supressed would be a good one.

Maybe some dirt effect on screen if bullets hit near you.

Maybe some kind of effects related to stamina of some sort, more of a visual or something?

good luck on improving your mods. :)

The sun blind should only last for a few seconds but yeah nice idea. The LMG reload view animation sound sweet too, modders go to the trouble of custom animation only to have half of em not visible during normal gameplay. A simple view angle change as above would capture the animation well. Agree with Mike above for the rest, the effects IMHO would be best kept client side only.

The dirt on screen effect could be "wiped" from eyes/face with a call to a standard animation - the one which is standing still and the character wipes their brow? Could you set this animation to clearing the dirt effect? Say call it 5-10 seconds after the dirt effect?

So to recap, so far I vote for;

• Momentary deafness (I would rather a reduction in environmental sound level rather than the addition of a whistling).
  • Heartbeat sound of varying loudness coupled with suppression whiteout.
  • LMG reload view angle change, lets see these great custom animations in full view.
  • Sun blind/whiteout for a few seconds when looking directly at sun.
  • Dirt effect from near ground bullet/explosion impacts, wiped away after 5-10sec with a call to the eyebrow wipe animation.
  • Stamina effect - perhaps heavy breathing?

I like where this is going. I think these extras would be value adding, looking forward to getting more "into" the game :P

Whatever you decide Lax - Awesome mods m8 - top job!

Personally I would prefer not having anything with animations since that could actually affect MP or something I think 

So far all the stuff is clientside (right?) and I prefer that , just imo.

Dirt could just fade or something, if done right it would look bad or anything I don't think

I would also prefer that all effects remain client side.

One thing I would like is that if all these new features like Sun blind, Med Kit etc gets added there is an ability by a server to push settings to the client.

Currently we are using the mod in our group quite effectively with ACE but if these settings get added many of them might conflict with ace.

Now I dont want to deprive someone from these features but telling each member to go into his config to change it will get tedious and from experience someone is going to screw up.

So if the mod can push server settings to clients, it would be brilliant!

Thanks again Lax. Use all your mods and they are amazing.

Cheers

Twak.

Why when I playing in SP and I Swith to other unit IA Playable the efect not function only in player unit and not Playable, you can fix this? Thank