Sign in to follow this  
TigrisJK

Left Control still moves head after unbinding

So I have a TrackIR, and this bugs me to no end. I've unbound everything under "View" to do with Left-Ctrl, but Left-Ctrl and mouse movement still moves my head around in my cockpit. This is annoying, since I use Left-Ctrl as a modifier for many things.

Is there some way to fix this? Am I overlooking a control somewhere?

What happens when you get in a vehicle and move your mouse around without Left-Ctrl?

If it moves your head around, you've turned on 'always freelook in vehicles' and need to turn it off in the options.

Also, normally it's Left Alt instead of Left Ctrl which is kinda confusing me but I'd make absolutely sure it's not bound in another spot than the Views section.

Do hope you manage get it sorted, good luck!

What happens when you get in a vehicle and move your mouse around without Left-Ctrl?

If it moves your head around, you've turned on 'always freelook in vehicles' and need to turn it off in the options.

Also, normally it's Left Alt instead of Left Ctrl which is kinda confusing me but I'd make absolutely sure it's not bound in another spot than the Views section.

Do hope you manage get it sorted, good luck!

Left Ctrl head movement isn't the same thing as Left Alt free look. LCtrl moves the head in a different position when you're inside a vehicle.

@TigrisJK Check the YOUR_USER_NAME.ARMA3PROFILE File from C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Arma 3 for this keyFreeHeadMove[]={}; and remove numbers inside {} if there's any. You can open that with notepad.

• Like 1

You fixed ArmA for me bro. THANK YOU! I've lost many hours trying to track down the responsible sunofabeach, in controls, in config, etc... all in vain.

You're a hero. All hail St. Jimmeh!

You are indeed a saint Jimmy for finding this solution for us. Been driving me nuts!

changing the user.arma3profile wont change anything for me.. pls help... this is so annoying when flying a plane/heli and u decrease throttle with strg -.-