Sign in to follow this  
GDent

I'd like to know how to add JIP into my coop missions

this doesn't seem so complicated, but I need to know how to do it right

I know that enabling respawns makes it so players can join in progress after a mission has already started. however, I don't want respawns in my mission. I want it so that when people die, they're just dead and they go into spectator mode.

but I also want to have it so that players can join after a mission started. not sure how this is done the way i want it; i tried to get around it by enabling respawn tickets and setting them to 0 tickets, but that didn't change anything. i probably did it wrong.

any help is appreciated. thank you

if the first link CorporateHammer gave me is correct, that means if I set respawn=0 in the description.ext then players will still be able to join in progress? that sounds perfect to me. I looked at the respawn templates and tried using respawn tickets and setting them to 0 tickets, but it just acted like normal and the person who tried to join just started spectating.

here's a question: if I get respawn to work, what happens if a player dies, disconnects, and decides to reconnect? is he still dead?

what if a player dies, a different player doesn't die but disconnects, and then the dead player reconnects in the living player's slot?

thanks for the replies

I haven't used respawn type 0/"NONE" before myself, but it may delete the slot of the dead unit, so if a player DCs and RCs their previous slot that they joined in won't be there/available, but I'm just assuming that.

that's my concern too. I know some co-op units have it set up so that people can join in progress, dip in and out unless they die, etc. so I just want to have that available since it's useful for when people's clients crash or if they need to join late

It's been a couple of days, so I want to bump this thread since I've made a little progress.

It turns out that you can have simple but very crude JIP by leaving the AI on in different slots. Players can disconnect and rejoin, except that they're taken over by AI when they disconnect. This results in the AI being itself and getting itself killed. If there's a way to always have player-controllable AI always despawn then that would solve everything for me.