Sign in to follow this  
Arma3goodCPUlowFPS

why BI is IMO one of the best companies out there

first of all: there are many theards about the bad things of BI and arma 3 which i have to agree with some points @the arma series (fps, ai etc, idk about dayz and the other games) but there are barely theards about mentioning the good things but this is not the (main) reason, the reason is because i started playing battlefield 2 few days ago and i went to moddb and after that EA not only dropped MP support for bf2 (and many other games like C&C), but they also started to remove battlefield 2 from steam.

i have to thank bohemia that you still sell the good old games like ofp, armed assault and arma 2 which i loved to play (i loved to play armed assault and arma 2, i never really played ofp). thanks for keeping up the old games.

EA is trying to kill the battlefield 2 community, first they dropped MP support, now they remove the game from steam and in origin i can not find the game. i loved to play battlefield 2 and its one of the best arcade shooter out there. BI is supporting theyr community and they let people modding theyr old games, BI is not trying to kill the ofp, armed assault, arma 2 community by removing the game from shops.

Second, the support for your games BI. you released a patch which contains fixes etc for a game that is over 10 years old and that patch was released after 10 years of ofp release. you also give us free features from dlc and sometimes even free dlc which you make in your freetime.

EA never support theyr game so long, nor are they giving modsupport for theyr new games, nor are they giving free features, free dlc etc.

again: i agree that there are things wrong with BI games in terms of performance and AI in the arma series as i wrote in other topics, i also never said that arma 3 is sh*t or bad, it is a great game with a great idea which no other game contain, but it is undeniable that BI is one of the best company out there.

I dont know any other company supporting theyr community and even theyr old games like BI.

i talked about EA, Valve is doing the same mess like EA, they screwed things in counter strike 1.6 and some other of theyr classic games to make the players move to the new games. EA & Valve are like "come buy our new games instead" which are worse than theyr old games.

Thank you BI for your support.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

if you like BI or not, is a opinion, but that BI support theyr games & community, is a fact which nobody can deny, if the person like BI or not.

even people who prefer battlefield than arma, agree that BI is a company which supports theyr games & community:

http://i.imgur.com/c7vpc8v.jpg (138 kB)

I agree, but they should really fix the most annoying issues! :)

In other games i feel the game play fluid, but in arma sometimes i feel that the game is working against me.

I agree, but they should really fix the most annoying issues! :)

In other games i feel the game play fluid, but in arma sometimes i feel that the game is working against me.

i agree with that

BI has serious quality control problems with its games. The main one in Arma 3 being performance. Its been a problem since the first day of the Alpha and it remains the games number 1 problem. As far as I can tell from the profiler builds its entirely due to CPU performance problems, the game is single threaded and the simulation takes a long time, regularly over 20ms. Its not just that, most new features they introduce I dread, because they are likely going to be bad to begin with. That just speaks to the quality control issues they have generally, but also how long it takes them to fix it.

As a company they have some good qualities, they are aligned with their players on some aspects. But they certainly aren't aligned on all of them, DRM being IMO a blight on their record of normally pro customer actions. The recent microtransactions and nagging is also a bitter pill to swallow from them after years of great behaviour. I would put them as a company about in the middle of the evil companies scale. They aren't Ubisoft but they also aren't perfect either and their issues go directly to game playability and thus drive a lot of future customers away.

And while I acknowledge long standing problems (no game is perfect but when you have arma scale map and non scripted AI) things get complicated.

I like how arma 3 look grer after a years carrying legacy of A2 forward.

Check out this 4K screenshots:

https://flic.kr/p/oqcyDV

https://flic.kr/p/nJyWTf[/

https://flic.kr/p/nCecHF

Check gallery here https://www.flickr.com/photos/124300815@N08/15287192513/in/set-72157644254961950/

BI's Arma 3 is the only game/simulator which has the capability to simulate the most realistic Firearms Ballistics & Projectile Trajectory (thanks to the Advanced Ballistics mod for sure). Afaik there's no other game able to achieve this. This is totally a breakthrough especially for Long Range Precision Shooter community :D Arma 3 (with Advanced Ballistics) is truly a great tool for precision shooter to learn all the fundamentals before going to actual firing range ;) and BI sells this awesome shooting simulator for only $60 :D Thank you so much BI for creating a wonderful software like this :')

BI's Arma 3 is the only game/simulator which has the capability to simulate the most realistic Firearms Ballistics & Projectile Trajectory (thanks to the Advanced Ballistics mod for sure). Afaik there's no other game able to achieve this. This is totally a breakthrough especially for Long Range Precision Shooter community :D Arma 3 (with Advanced Ballistics) is truly a great tool for precision shooter to learn all the fundamentals before going to actual firing range ;) and BI sells this awesome shooting simulator for only $60 :D Thank you so much BI for creating a wonderful software like this :')

i agree with that. arma 3 gives you so many possibilities.

ArmA III is by far the greatest true open-world, mil-sim, all-in-one, customizable software package in the world. No question. Of course its not perfect in all areas, as no game would be. But when you take into account the shear massive scope of what it does... Its mind-blowing!

I've been enjoying the hobby of games and military simulations since Atari. Bohemia's ArmA is no doubt a brilliant juggernaut of root'n-toot'n, hairy barrel-chested, shoot'n scoot'n masterpiece!

why BI is IMO one of the best companies out there
lol...dreaming is so wonderful.......maybe you change it to "why BI is for me/in my opinion IMO one of the best companies out there

BI best Company ...never...but good joke^^

lol...dreaming is so wonderful.......maybe you change it to "why BI is for me/in my opinion IMO one of the best companies out there

BI best Company ...never...but good joke^^

you dont know what IMO means, huh ?

IMO = In My Opinion