Well, it's a pity that some people aren't able to get it right now, now that my DL is finished imma go try it out!

I don't claim to know the reasons either but I trust they have some... complaining about slow speeds for a free product is just... silly.

Its all excitement man. Everyone wants to get their hadns on it ASAP to play and have fun :)

- You share or publich the mod only by link it to our main website (http://www.jsrs-studios.com);

I'll respect your license, no question asked, but this paragraph is seriously bugging me out.

Does this mean that the only way to share or publish this mod is by not actually sharing or publishing it, but rather by pointing to a link?

The mod itself isn't allowed to be shared and published, only the link to the download is allowed to be shared and published?

As I said, I'll respect that, but a bijective wording would be much preferable.

Especially for units with a repository-distribution-system (like Arma3Sync) this isn't really comfortable, to say the least.

Thanks for the fast reply Tonic.

Any suggestions for running this along side CUP ?

I really don´t know if CUP will conflict with JSRS, I didn´t test it. The Mod is still not final so LJ primaliry focused on getting everything to work on its own, he can worry about other mods when JSRS is finished. You can try it and report back if there are any problems.

After having tried it myself, I will say that it does add some much needed atmosphere to the game, however I do have a question.

Is it just perhaps my system or is there some kind of dynamics at work that's supposed to simulate the delayed supersonic echo of a discharged firearm? Because the result I'm getting seems... odd.

It's like the actual firing sound is cut off part way, there's dead space and then I get the supersonic echo afterward, if that makes any sense. It seems as if something's not working, and it's happening in an area where there are a lot of buildings.

That and the supersonic cracks are kind of ear-rapingly loud compared everything else, but they sound great nonetheless.

Would love to try all the awesome work you guys have poured into this mod. But you've all gone a bit off the fucking deep end when it comes to the license.

You guys seriously expected a 100mbit single server connection to host this while denying foxhound and crew a copy to host for you?

Love to try it, JH, and I'm sure I'll love it when I do. Eventually...............................................................

T2y4WuC.png

Edited by TheCapulet

ahhh!finally!!! just watched the youtube vid-i was watchin the bit in the A-164 wipeout just waiting to see if the GAU8 FINALLY sounds right.and it does!downloading.thank you so much.does anyone know,do the heli's especially littlebirds still sound so coolstarting up?JSRS2 added great turning gears sounds to heli rotors.

After having tried it myself, I will say that it does add some much needed atmosphere to the game, however I do have a question.

Is it just perhaps my system or is there some kind of dynamics at work that's supposed to simulate the delayed supersonic echo of a discharged firearm? Because the result I'm getting seems... odd.

It's like the actual firing sound is cut off part way, there's dead space and then I get the supersonic echo afterward, if that makes any sense. It seems as if something's not working, and it's happening in an area where there are a lot of buildings.

That and the supersonic cracks are kind of ear-rapingly loud compared everything else, but they sound great nonetheless.

Can you please make a video showing the problem?

Isn't there an optional, lower sonic-crack sounds pbo? You know, the one that's always been there since Arma 2?

Edited by 654wak654

So now when JSRS3 is released, I have to say that BI really needs to improve their audio setting sliders. They have too many things grouped into one slider as Effects and that is really bad approach.

More about it in issue on feedback tracker - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22229

Upvote this / share it, so it gets attention and BI actually do something about it. It's really disappointing that because of that, you can't improve the JSRS3 experience even more.

Would love to try all the awesome work you guys have poured into this mod. But you've all gone a bit off the fucking deep end when it comes to the license.

You guys seriously expected a 100mbit single server connection to host this while denying foxhound and crew a copy to host for you?

Love to try it, JH, and I'm sure I'll love it when I do. Eventually...............................................................

http://i.imgur.com/T2y4WuC.png

I downloaded using the torrent off the first page at a speed of over 5mb/s.

i tried the torrent wouldnt download.... i have 5 hrs left ... lol

and armaholic says clearly that they are not mirroring it because, "the licence forbids it..." so its not on armaholic... JSRS studios forbids anyone else to distribute this mod... LOL @ that .. hey guys were going to release a mod that everyone is DIEing to get their hands on but were going to release it on a very slow web host... and not allow anyone else to host it...

here is a question.. how is it possible for me to "SEED" this with a "bittorrent" client... however, ARMAHOLIC cannot distribute it on their awesome web host... how is me seeding it any different... im distributing it outside of the jsrs site... so technically anyone tho seeds this mod is in breech of the license and needs to immediately delete the mod and all documentation from their pc's..... LOL and WTF

The mirroring and torrent'ing wasn't planned. We were not expecting our server to get fried like that. The overall "Problem" with all those mirrors will be updating the mod. And in the end we have 10 different version from 20 different websites hosting this thing. And even more kiddies start bitching that their version wont work the way it should. This is nothing against Armaholic and anyone. Its just to keep it under control and make sure that everyone can play with the same exact version for now. Just changed the license. I mean I understand that you are upset after you bought the mod for.... of wait you didn't! Get outa here!

Sorry that was my mistake - I thought Armaholic was mirroring but they are just linking to JSRS site. Not sure about the rest of your bitching.. are kids really this impatient these days?

THANKS! As stated above was nothing personal! We have our first version running public now and I talked to Fox about mirroring the mod as well. As people seems to have no time these days... :P The license was an old one that got not updated decent enough.

I don't claim to know the reasons either but I trust they have some... complaining about slow speeds for a free product is just... silly.

THIS! Seriously, there are many people just saying thanks within the first few pages, but the majority is just bitching about slow DL and no mirrors. Jees.

I'll respect your license, no question asked, but this paragraph is seriously bugging me out.

Does this mean that the only way to share or publish this mod is by not actually sharing or publishing it, but rather by pointing to a link?

The mod itself isn't allowed to be shared and published, only the link to the download is allowed to be shared and published?

As I said, I'll respect that, but a bijective wording would be much preferable.

Especially for units with a repository-distribution-system (like Arma3Sync) this isn't really comfortable, to say the least.

Nevermind, I changed the license. I had this one loaded from a old release back in ArmA2 and updated it here and there but forgot about this one point I didn't took much care about. You can mirror the mod now if you like. Send the mirror links via PM to me so I can update the frontpage. Talked to FoxHound as well...

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

No worries about the DL speed, this has been worth the wait mate!

Thanks for all your hard work LordJarhead, you've set a high bar for anyone working on sounds for any game out there and those that are still to come. No problems with the download on my side. Used the torrent and had it in no time.

Again... thanks a LOT!

Mods like this are worthy of waiting for years. Few days more till situation will calm down make no difference. Just youths today are so impatient, wanting all and right now. Thanks for most fantastic work. BTW it was quite obvious to me, so at release massive holdup/DL jam will occur. Was this really so surprising? :)

Edited by Rydygier

Can you please make a video showing the problem?

I don't have any recording software on hand, but I'm wondering maybe if it has something to do with the sound channel limitations inherent to A3, because as I recall while I was playing it was also raining at the time, lots of other gunfire, etc.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced it or whether it's just me.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

THIS! Seriously, there are many people just saying thanks within the first few pages, but the majority is just bitching about slow DL and no mirrors. Jees.

I think the distribution issue took people by surprise, myself included, that's all.

I don't have any recording software on hand, but I'm wondering maybe if it has something to do with the sound channel limitations inherent to A3, because as I recall while I was playing it was also raining at the time, lots of other gunfire, etc.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced it or whether it's just me.

Talking about many things going on, whats the actual framerate in that moment? Anything going down under 30, lets say 20/15 FPS will cause scripts to trigger their sounds even slower. JSRS3 is not a light weight tbh, its a 'though to keep alive' mod!

LJ

Just had a brilliant time using this mod in a community operation.

Thank you very much LJ for spending time on DFyre the wait was worth it :D

Nevermind, I changed the license. I had this one loaded from a old release back in ArmA2 and updated it here and there but forgot about this one point I didn't took much care about. You can mirror the mod now if you like. Send the mirror links via PM to me so I can update the frontpage. Talked to FoxHound as well...

LJ

LJ, I'm glad you decided to allow people to mirror your amazing mod on their preferred download sites. I understand the concern you must have about people downloading the wrong versions and such, so I'm glad you're willing to work with these people to put the proper links in your post.

I only had 10 minutes to try out the new version, but it was excellent, and based on the videos you've posted in the past months I know I'm in for a lot more amazing experiences.

http://i.imgur.com/T2y4WuC.png

Hey, that's my image that you stole from reddit and posted without my consent ;)

Yeah I also hope for bit quieter sonic cracks later. And I can't wait for the environment sounds. The BIS thunder strike sound needs to die!

I'm glad, we got this sorted out. ;) Just gave your DragonFyre a solid hour of testing. It's amazing. Arma feels thrilling again, thanks to you!