So the stuff comes along really good. I covered all RHS weapons so far. Some reloading animations are missing but thats not a big deal. Covered about 50% of the vehicles but only 70% or so of them are already finished. I have some problems finding the best solution with RPM and frequencies as its not the same like with BIS vehicles.

So I walked back to vanilla content and worked on my dynamics a little. Increased the "popyness" of some sounds and tweaked my far-soniccracks which were kinda awful. I found old configs back from ArmA2 which I worked on with Carl Gustaffa if someone remembers? :)

I added different sounds for ambient sounds based on weather. Before there was just Day and Night. Now its a 3 step config. If you have no overcast and no wind, totally silent, just some noises here and there, you hear the birds and normal but silent environment sounds. Sounds weird to say, but it sounds Warm like summer :P When there is light wind and some overcast (0.1 - 0.4) you hear light fresh wind blowing. On meadows its a clean wind, in forests you hear leaves and stuff fly around a little and how the wind blows in the treetops. In villages you hear the wind blowing again walls and over rooftops and through little alleys.

If the overcast increased (0.5 - 0.75) the wind is getting louder, it blows around your ears in the open, bends the trees a little in the  forest and hits the windows in villages. And the most powerful wind (0.75 - 1) is really loud and powerful. Also the rain sounds different in the open than in a forest, different in a village and different on the sea.

And the sea changes. Zero or low wind its a beautiful beach day, you hear the small waves run towards the sand. If you have heavy overcast or storm the waves sound big and heavy and clash against the land.

Makes me kinda smile to hear theses differences now while playing a mission that changes the overcast over time.

So yeah, things are shaping, I guess it is done to about 99%. I might check if there are any updating base classes but there shouldn't.

ETA shortly :)

LJ

• Like 7

Does the game automatically increase the wind speed/gust when there's more overcast? If not it can cause bit of a confusion to hear heavy wind but there actually isn't any. You made it sound like the game does that automatically. Or is your system actually more complicated so it checks overcast and wind?

Sounds like a great addition.

Does the game automatically increase the wind speed/gust when there's more overcast? If not it can cause bit of a confusion to hear heavy wind but there actually isn't any. You made it sound like the game does that automatically. Or is your system actually more complicated so it checks overcast and wind?

Sounds like a great addition.

Well yeah, the game adds wind to the overcast. If there is no wind because its set manually, there is no wind sound. The sounds are bound to the wind factor, not the overcast factor.

LJ

• Like 1

LJ please make  extra for JSRS   remake ArmA2 JSRS 1.5  BAF  soundpack to  3CB BAF Weapons ,

like JSRS3 DragonFyre - 3CB BAF Weapons Sound Replacements.

Ok so here is an overview of the massive environment system I applied to the mod.

I used old Ambient sounds from ArmA2 and brought them back, tweaked and cleaned tho.

So thats the basic setup:

We have now more different envy types. Meadows, Houses, Forests, Hills, Sea, Coast, Trees and World. Tress will only make sounds when there is at least a 30% wind strength. World only plays when there is nothing else, no sea, forests, meadows, nothing. Its a genetic ambient sound loop. 

All ambient sounds (Forest, Meadows, Houses are the three basics I go with) have different sounds for Day, Night, Good and bad weathers. In forest and meadows, the animal life and crickets stop when you have at least medium overcast. On houses the air conditioners stop and no birds or crickets are heard either. In forests the wind starts with flying leaves and grass, becomes more louder and at some point you can hear the heavy wind through the tree tops and stuff. Same kinda for meadows, first you hear the grass bend, then an open wide wind flying over the open until its a massive storm.

To get an overview of the basics: Click here.

So basically I'm done. Can't find much issues or problems anymore and it is time to upload the stuff. I will get it up over the night, so tomorrow should be a release. But I wont promise anything, you know how often things went to shit before I got there :)

LJ

• Like 9

The new environment stuff sound great! Looking forward to hear it all....

One question...are the silenced weapon sounds changed in the upcoming update?

/KC

The new environment stuff sound great! Looking forward to hear it all....

One question...are the silenced weapon sounds changed in the upcoming update?

/KC

In which way?

They are more authentic. Louder, but have a smaller tail. In open areas you can hear the crack of the bullet reflected from the environment.

LJ

In which way?

They are more authentic. Louder, but have a smaller tail. In open areas you can hear the crack of the bullet reflected from the environment.

LJ

EDIT:

MODERATOR REQUEST ON CLOSING THIS THREAD PLEASE!