And all that without Scripting ? my god it's excellent, waiting for it ;)

Here is a short video with some content. Nothing special, just a quick "put together" ...

JSRS3 DragonFyre - New Version 2.5

LJ

Some feedback:

*The high pitch cricket sound it kind of annoying.

*Indoor shots need to be louder.

*Hunter's driving sound sounds unrealistic, needs to be louder and more "car-like", it's a military MRAP, they're no ment to be quite, they're heavy and therefore require a big and strong engine to drive, which is obviously pretty loud.

• Like 1

*The high pitch cricket sound it kind of annoying.

Well, maybe you have not traveled through Greece, to hear the sound of the cricket all day ... but you're right, in this case it's too "high pitch"

• Like 1

Here is a short video with some content. Nothing special, just a quick "put together" ...

JSRS3 DragonFyre - New Version 2.5

LJ

Thanks for this preview video. some observations :

- The new footsteps sounds and general volume for the movements seem very satisfying, in first or 3rd person view. these details undoubtedly add some immersion value. they feel authentic.

- at 2:10, when you try the rook 40 pistol, the ejected empty cases sound like they're hitting a very concrete, nearly mettalic ground, though they were falling on the grass. that's a bit strange. just a detail of course, i don't know if you can tweak that regarding the type of ground where these cases are falling on, but in this example, a more muffled sound could fit better with a "soft" ground full of grass in my opinion.

- The choppers sounds seem promising : they seem to be audible from a good distance (ideally, we can admit that gameplay-wise, the player should hear very well the chopper before the said chopper could reach the range to engage him, at least with its gatling/machine guns). the volume seems to get louder as the chopper approaches, the fly-by effect is here, even if maybe a bit shy. those beasts should roar a bit louder from my point of view, specially as they pass just above your head. Hope that the jets will tear the air as they should in the final version ;)

- The vehicle sounds are fine for me, as the pilot you hear the engine quite well, the vehicle seems tied to its environment and react to the topography or the obstacles, very nice. maybe some tiny details as suspension spring sounds or transmission/gearbox sounds could achieve the picture perfectly. we have yet to hear them from the outside, their fly-bys, but your previous work on the rolling sounds or the distant sounds was great. i'm confident.

Firefights, grenades, impact sounds, indoor sounds or subtle echoes/reverbs effects, in forest notably, seem spot on. distant gunshots are loud and clear, bullet impacts are punchy, the gunshots in first person view seem well pitched, the whole thing sounds fair. Just my personal opinion, but i can't help reminding about the last scripted version of JSRS, where the gunshots had this "loud" feeling, this percussive effect i was fond of..i mean, it's here, but it seems muffled... scrip related maybe?...great work anyways, the gunfight immersion is here. Hope you'll find a workaround for the distant explosion sound effects.

Very nice work, can't wait to test the final version :)

• Like 1

I wanted to start a poll but for what ever reason I can't really find a way to do so... so here is my question:

How many of you would/are using JSRS alongside with RHS Escalation? How many of you would like to have JSRS sounds made for RHS? Like specific sounds for the mod, not just JSRS sounds from the MX or Katiba placed on M4 and AK or what ever, I mean real designed sounds back from ArmA2 JSRS 1.5 to RHS, but modernized of course.

Yesterday Yokhanan and I had a long call while talking about RHS and I tried it for the mod for the first time and found how good it actually was. As we were discussing the situation that DragonFyre 2.5 is about to be released and finished, I would like to concentrate on RHS sounds. So I started making just 4 weapons yesterday, the M4, M16, M249 and M240 to begin with, and we both agreed that I should continue to cover the whole mod...

It would be an extra for JSRS. Like JSRS3 DragonFyre - RHS Sound Replacements.

Let me know what you think about this :)

LJ

• Like 13

I personally would love that LJ.

Although original sounds are really good, but with your touch they will go on a completly new level.

Big thumbs up

I wanted to start a poll but for what ever reason I can't really find a way to do so... so here is my question:

How many of you would/are using JSRS alongside with RHS Escalation? How many of you would like to have JSRS sounds made for RHS? Like specific sounds for the mod, not just JSRS sounds from the MX or Katiba placed on M4 and AK or what ever, I mean real designed sounds back from ArmA2 JSRS 1.5 to RHS, but modernized of course.

Yesterday Yokhanan and I had a long call while talking about RHS and I tried it for the mod for the first time and found how good it actually was. As we were discussing the situation that DragonFyre 2.5 is about to be released and finished, I would like to concentrate on RHS sounds. So I started making just 4 weapons yesterday, the M4, M16, M249 and M240 to begin with, and we both agreed that I should continue to cover the whole mod...

LJ

Great idea. Do it ! Sounds for RHS vehicles too do. It would be great !

Yeah I would cover everything. As RHS is practically ArmA2 content, I can use my old JSRS1.5 sounds and modernize them to fit DragonFyre 2.5.

Lets just see that the RHS team will approve this. If they dont like this I wouldn't publish anything. Same respect for everyone.

LJ

Gets my vote. ;)

Yeah I would cover everything. As RHS is practically ArmA2 content, I can use my old JSRS1.5 sounds and modernize them to fit DragonFyre 2.5.

Lets just see that the RHS team will approve this. If they dont like this I wouldn't publish anything. Same respect for everyone.

LJ

so much yes. But only if it doesn't postpone 2.5 :p

So here's the list of stuff I figured to replace. Weapons only right now:

US Side

1. M9 Beretta Pistol Semi
  2. Glock Pistol Semi
  3. M1911 Pistol Semi
  4. M16 Rifle Semi and Burst
  5. M4 Rifle Semi, Burst and Auto
  6. M249 MG Auto
  7. M240 MG Manual
  8. SR25 Rifle Semi
  9. M14 EBR Rifle Semi
  10. M590 Shotgung 5RND/8RND Semi
  11. M320 GL Grenadelauncher Semi
  12. M203 GL Underbarrel Semi
  13. XM2010 Rifle Semi
  14. M32 Grenadelauncher RND Semi
  15. M136 Launcher Semi
  16. FGM148 Javelin Semi

RU Side

1. MP443 Pistol Semi
  2. PMM Makarov Pistol Semi
  3. AK74M Semi and Auto
  4. AS Val SD Semi and Auto
  5. AKM Semi and Auto
  6. Ak103 Semi and Auto
  7. PKP MG Semi and Auto
  8. RPK74M MG Semi and Manual
  9. PKT MG Manual
  10. SVD Semi
  11. SVDP SD Semi
  12. GP25 Underbarrel Semi
  13. RPG26 Launcher Semi
  14. RPG7 Launcher Semi

US Vehicle Weapons

1. Hellfire Launcher Semi
  2. Sidewinder Launcher Semi
  3. FFAR Launcher Semi
  4. M256 Cannon 120mm Semi
  5. M284 Cannon Arty Semi
  6. M242 CTW Autocannon HE Player and AP Player
  7. Abrams Commander M2 Manual
  8. Abrams Gunner M2 Manual
  9. M2 HMG Manual
  10. M197 Helicopter Autocannon Manual
  11. M230 Apache Autocannon Manual
  12. M134 Minigun Low and HighRof
  13. MK19 20mm GMG Manual

RU Vehicle Weapons

1. 2K4 Missile
  2. 9K11 Missile
  3. 9K114 Missile
  4. 9K133 Missile
  5. 9M111 Missile
  6. 9M119 Missile
  7. S5 Rockets Burst
  8. R73 Launcher Missle
  9. CH29 Launcher Missile
  10. YAKB Gatling Manual
  11. D81 Cannon Player
  12. 2A42 Autocannon Low and HighRof
  13. 2A28 Autocannon
  14. AZP23 Autocannon
  15. DSHKM HMG Manual
  16. NSVT HMG Manual
  17. KORD HMG Manual
  18. KPVT HMG Manual
  19. Gsh30 Gatling 30mm Manual
  20. Gsh301 Gatling 30mm Manual

Quiet the list I guess. If you see anything missing, please let me know ;)

LJ

• Like 3

we use both. Their sounds are already great but a complete base (loudness, effects, features) would be great.

In fact, since you admit that JSRS 2.5, being the final version, is about to be completed, extending your great work to some of the best mods out there, like RHS, is a great idea !

Only speaking for myself of course, but except for testing purposes, i'm constantly using your mod in conjunction with some other great ones that could benefit from JSRS, like RHS, Massi weapons, vehicles and units, RH Pistols and rifle packs, so, currently, even if some effects are sometimes missing, like echoes/reverbs and other base JSRS details, or incompatibilities showing up from time to time, with RHS notably, those are going to stay in my "default mod list" when i start Arma 3, no matter what... i built up my missions with them, created saved gears...etc...like many people certainly...

As for other very nice mods, for example Toadie's HLC packs, SMA weapons or CUP weapons, let's say the most popular ones, even if they have sometimes some great sounds by default, they could undoubtedly benefit from the JSRS quality coverage...i'm conscious that this is certainly representing a good amount of work and that you need the authors agreements of course, but, at the end, even if all the samples and effects are not replaced with your versions, maybe some sort of "JSRS frame" for those mods could be awesome : i'm quite ignorant about how or if this could work, but hearing JSRS echoes, details and such features, so to say the " general JSRS coverage" being compatible and working with other great mods sound like one hell of a great challenge for sure :)

Was about to ask if you ever considered to cover a strategy game with your quality work, but you seem very busy for now :P

CUP compatibility ? :)

Lol, No I wasn't meaning that^^ I keep it on RHS for now :P

LJ

PS: Got approval from RHS lead soul_assassin!

• Like 3

Best thing about DragonFyre is bullet impact sounds.Especially when they hit a car or tin shed wall you are hiding behind -that big whump! sound is terrifying! :D

• Like 2

Hey LJ,

A quick question: will JSRS2.5 take full advantage of the new engine level sound improvements, such as stereo emitters?

Hey LJ,

A quick question: will JSRS2.5 take full advantage of the new engine level sound improvements, such as stereo emitters?

Yes, taking all that in account. Same as other upcoming updates. :)

LJ

• Like 3

Love this mod except for sound of silenced weapons that doesn't sound very silenced at all. Are there any way to use this great sound mod but with A3 stock sound for silenced weapons?

/KC

Thread has been cleaned up, any further off topic nonsense will be dealt with the appropriate punishment as determined by the forum rules.

• Like 1

On topic:

I really would love to see an expansion of DragonFyre on the RHS mod. As I said in my first post, the sounds back then in JSRS 1.5> were also really kicking and until today I  miss them since I cant get a connection to those futuristic weapons from Arma 3 vanilla (despite the fact that they all exist in reality as unfinished prototypes and/or already in usage)

Maybe you might even consider a remake of the BW-Mod sounds for the Leo, Puma, Tiger, G36...

I d take it any time :)

LJ

Gets my vote +1