Back regarding to the gear movement sound. It's not there is anything wrong with the quality of it oh powerful jarhead. It's just for some reason, the sound is quieter in 1st person than it is in 3rd. It's odd. O.o

I'll try to capture again on my next session

Edit: I just researched the "no sound" issue I reported earlier. Updated findings are

1) I have sound if I switch from Rifle to handgun and vice versa.

2) I do not have sound switching from binoculars to weapon and vice versa.

https://youtu.be/IB0lyXa0XOU

As to which version I have, all I can submit is that your files are dated 11/2 and 11/7 in the "Addons" folder. Wish I could be more accurate.

Accumulating quite a number of mods so I have decided to insert release information in a more reliable way on my PC so that I can spit that out in situations like this.

Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at that. To be honest I just made new helicopter sounds just last night so I guess your model T turbo sound was one of the old once that for replaced... With a VW Beetle sound ;) kidding :p

Back regarding to the gear movement sound. It's not there is anything wrong with the quality of it oh powerful jarhead. It's just for some reason, the sound is quieter in 1st person than it is in 3rd. It's odd. O.o

Yeah I know. That's an engine thing I can't really find a solution for. When you are in first person the sounds are below you as you hear things at your camera position and the sounds of footsteps and gear will be played at your feet. Obviously. So running in first person and looking at your feet will fix that hehe.

Not quiet sure what to do about that but I might find a solution at some point...

LJ

Would there be any way for the sounds you make when moving to be a little more noticeable? Whenever we did patrols IRL, you would hear canteens rattle (before my actual unit got camelbaks), stuff in your pack moving, plus anything extra strapped to you jingling around.

It's a personal preference though. Most gear is strapped down really well or packed well enough to not make so much noise. But I loved how it made you sound geared up.

Jsrs2 had more jingly sounding movement-it was good,but I dont mind the way it is now.

I'll try to capture again on my next session

Edit: I just researched the "no sound" issue I reported earlier. Updated findings are

1) I have sound if I switch from Rifle to handgun and vice versa.

2) I do not have sound switching from binoculars to weapon and vice versa.

https://youtu.be/IB0lyXa0XOU

As to which version I have, all I can submit is that your files are dated 11/2 and 11/7 in the "Addons" folder. Wish I could be more accurate.

Accumulating quite a number of mods so I have decided to insert release information in a more reliable way on my PC so that I can spit that out in situations like this.

So I checked the video. Thats NOT a sounds JSRS should make. I have never heard that noise before to be honest. What helicopter is that, do you know that? Maybe a different mod activated the same time...

LJ

So I checked the video. Thats NOT a sounds JSRS should make. I have never heard that noise before to be honest. What helicopter is that, do you know that? Maybe a different mod activated the same time...

LJ

I think it is the RHS apache.

I think it is the RHS apache.

Great... And I'm up checking all helicopters making that kinda noise and wondering what might cause this sound.... Tss

LJ

Great... And I'm up checking all helicopters making that kinda noise and wondering what might cause this sound.... Tss

LJ

What is the problem? All I heard in the video was the normal RHS Apache sound.That kind of thrumming noise is actually what the sound like at altitude

What is the problem? All I heard in the video was the normal RHS Apache sound.That kind of thrumming noise is actually what the sound like at altitude

The problem is that I didn't know that. Someone said there is a weird sound with JSRS helicopter sounds. But that rhs and not JSRS. So I was looking for that sound on my end ...

When posting a problem people should give more informations and what other mods are involved :X

LJ

• Like 3

The problem is that I didn't know that. Someone said there is a weird sound with JSRS helicopter sounds. But that rhs and not JSRS. So I was looking for that sound on my end ...

When posting a problem people should give more informations and what other mods are involved :X

I apologize. That was really stupid of me. I do have the RHS mod installed but I thought it consisted of only uniforms, weapon, and objects, not aircraft. I promise to research my issues a bit more before running to the forums.

• Like 1

So can i get a quick update on the state of JSRS? last time i checked Dragonfyre didn't work in A3 multiplayer due to various updates from Bohemia but i've recently seen youtubers such as Luetin09 play online using Dragonfyre and activity on this thread seems to have perked up, is there now a working version? The armaholic page still says it's incompatible.

Sorry for all the questions, my PC is in storage right now and i don't get it back until the new year so i can't test anything myself.

• Like 1

So can i get a quick update on the state of JSRS? last time i checked Dragonfyre didn't work in A3 multiplayer due to various updates from Bohemia but i've recently seen youtubers such as Luetin09 play online using Dragonfyre and activity on this thread seems to have perked up, is there now a working version? The armaholic page still says it's incompatible.

Sorry for all the questions, my PC is in storage right now and i don't get it back until the new year so i can't test anything myself.

No,DF has not been changed since Arma ver.1.54 yet.A lot of it is still fine-there are just a few issues for now. I dont plau multiplayer,but in SP what I am doing is using DF with the weapon sounds pbo's removed but have kept all the explosions and vehicles sounds etc along with LAxmans Sonic Cracks mod-I was using his Dynasound mod,but it also was affected by 1.54 and has not been fixed yet.

No,DF has not been changed since Arma ver.1.54 yet.A lot of it is still fine-there are just a few issues for now. I dont plau multiplayer,but in SP what I am doing is using DF with the weapon sounds pbo's removed but have kept all the explosions and vehicles sounds etc along with LAxmans Sonic Cracks mod-I was using his Dynasound mod,but it also was affected by 1.54 and has not been fixed yet.

I've done a bit of research and see that Dragonfyre 2.1 LITE has been released? Have you tested it? My main concern is that previous LITE versions haven't included distance scripts/samples

I've done a bit of research and see that Dragonfyre 2.1 LITE has been released? Have you tested it? My main concern is that previous LITE versions haven't included distance scripts/samples

Yes -thats what I am using. Like I said-most things work ok.The distance scripts seem alright-as in explosions etc are quiter and different the further away they are. Also the soon of vehicles in the distace is very nice-I removed the weapon sounds as they seemes a bit weird.Way to loud in forests etc even with suppressors on. So i use vanilla weapons DFVehicle,environment,explosions and movement sonds,and LAxemans Sonic Cracks for..well sonic cracks :)

8289_fit512.jpg

Wish you all merry Christmas and friggin` fat presents :P

All the best to you and your loved ones! You guys are awesome! :)

Cheers,

LJ

PS: I know, not funny :P

• Like 6

@LJ

I opened the present but it was empty!  :(

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Wut? no JSRS under the christmas tree? :P

Thanks for your efforts LJ, enjoy the festive season and the holiday period!

Happy Christmas to all :)

Wish you all the best for the new year. Hope I can soon provide a solid mod for you guys :)

Cheers guys,

LJ

• Like 5

Thats a shame what you said about it being unlikely you could add those extra sounds-I really wish the parachute was not so silent! I know that HALO script has sounds for falling and the chute opening etc,but just normal parachutes should have the sound of the material billowing and some wind sounds.

LJ no longer uses scripts in his mod. I think it's mainly to do with performance gains and I believe it's easier to keep updated with all of BI's changes they make. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's I read awhile back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey LJ,

I ve been following your mods for several years now, and its always been awesome!

I especially remember Arma 2 OA and JSRS 1.5 were you just nailed the helicopter sounds. Played from time to time just to hear that immersive sounds.

So just registered to finally say Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Hence a quick question:

I tried a few things after disabling JSRS 2.01. After disabling your mod, the sound overall really glitches in some situations, like in the video below, where the startup sound sounds great, but as soon as you hit the pedal the sound really is painful.

My question is: do you know if this is a Vanilla bug, or could some configs that are no longer used after disabling your mod cause the issue?

I even tested it with all mods disabled, but only with yours enabled, it sounds all right. Really confused here....

(PS: the audio "sparkles" might be from the video convertion, real issue is that the sound is really stuttering when driving)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rhpZs9cIbs8

Hey LJ,

I ve been following your mods for several years now, and its always been awesome!

I especially remember Arma 2 OA and JSRS 1.5 were you just nailed the helicopter sounds. Played from time to time just to hear that immersive sounds.

So just registered to finally say Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Hence a quick question:

I tried a few things after disabling JSRS 2.01. After disabling your mod, the sound overall really glitches in some situations, like in the video below, where the startup sound sounds great, but as soon as you hit the pedal the sound really is painful.

My question is: do you know if this is a Vanilla bug, or could some configs that are no longer used after disabling your mod cause the issue?

I even tested it with all mods disabled, but only with yours enabled, it sounds all right. Really confused here....

(PS: the audio "sparkles" might be from the video convertion, real issue is that the sound is really stuttering when driving)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rhpZs9cIbs8

Thats a general problem in ArmA. As you said, no mods involved, its just ArmA and the way its handling the sound samples. Happens even with the mod a few times, but I guess my values for RPM/speed and such fit better.

LJ

Still the best sounds for Arma.  By far :)

Any way you can make sonic cracks always audible without too much scripting?

I'm tired of these Hollywood suppressors.  Look at military firing ranges or others shooting with suppressed rifles.  They are still wearing earplugs!!!

Yes thats an Issue I was addressing already. Now all weapons do have a louder sound and environmental reverbs/tails. Still a "Bit" quieter than unsuppressed but still loud enough. The tails are also audible over longer ranges...

Is there a way to mark the lite version on pws as obsolete, so people know @jsrs3 is the latest supported version?

The new version will be the JSRS DragonFyre 2.5 and will replace every other version there was before. The new one is without scripting but still sounds "Ok" compared to the original heavy scripted one. One big concern are the explosions as those seems to miss the lowpassfilter in ArmA Vanilla. I dont know why they deactivated them or if its a bug, the tickets are still open and without any assignment. So I can't say when they will fix that. Because of this issue, the explosions in the distance sound really strange and soft sometimes as they just get quieter but not muffled. There is no low thud in the distance as it was supposed to be before.

Other than that I tweaked and changed the whole movement sound department. Using new controllers and samples I made the movement sound a bit better. And FINALLY, for anyone who can remember it back from ArmA2 already, I fixed the "no sound while turning" sounds. Before there was no sound when you were just rotating, now we have proper step sounds fitting the animations, finally. Took me 3 years to discover the problem hehe :P

All weapons are tweaked through, some are still a little silent. Fixed, or better said, changed the vehicle interior sounds. Now the engine sounds are quieter, softer and more high pitched, sounding like being in a small metallic room, all other sounds, like wind-speed noises, tires, suspension, rattle and velocity sounds are played stereo and are all around you. Kinda weird to explain and to read, but makes a cool feeling ingame.

Helicopters got all swapped to new sounds and values. More silent in the distance at first but get really loud on close range without being overpowered. The "Turbo Model-T" and "Motocycle-Racing" effects are gone, the new fit way better. If someone might still think its weird, check your "authentic sources" where you get your informations at, because all helicopters have a solid authentic sound construct.

Same goes for sonic cracks and explosions. Both categories got changed. Explosions may sound way different, same as the snaps, but all are based on new authentic material that I got my hands on.

There are still a lot of things that I couldn't test right now. There are thousands of sounds in the game and its mostly insane to aim at each specific effect. It would take ages. So most problems and bugs just appear randomly... sooner or later. Before or after the release. I like them to appear before that obviously but thats mostly impossible. :)

I'll try to capture some of the new effects and will provide a video. 2016 will be the year of JSRS, but version 2.5 of DragonFyre will be the last. After the release I will fully concentrate on JSRS4.0 ... or maybe something completely new :)

Thanks for staying with me,

LJ

• Like 5

Yes thats an Issue I was addressing already. Now all weapons do have a louder sound and environmental reverbs/tails. Still a "Bit" quieter than unsuppressed but still loud enough. The tails are also audible over longer ranges...

The new version will be the JSRS DragonFyre 2.5 and will replace every other version there was before. The new one is without scripting but still sounds "Ok" compared to the original heavy scripted one. One big concern are the explosions as those seems to miss the lowpassfilter in ArmA Vanilla. I dont know why they deactivated them or if its a bug, the tickets are still open and without any assignment. So I can't say when they will fix that. Because of this issue, the explosions in the distance sound really strange and soft sometimes as they just get quieter but not muffled. There is no low thud in the distance as it was supposed to be before.

Other than that I tweaked and changed the whole movement sound department. Using new controllers and samples I made the movement sound a bit better. And FINALLY, for anyone who can remember it back from ArmA2 already, I fixed the "no sound while turning" sounds. Before there was no sound when you were just rotating, now we have proper step sounds fitting the animations, finally. Took me 3 years to discover the problem hehe :P

All weapons are tweaked through, some are still a little silent. Fixed, or better said, changed the vehicle interior sounds. Now the engine sounds are quieter, softer and more high pitched, sounding like being in a small metallic room, all other sounds, like wind-speed noises, tires, suspension, rattle and velocity sounds are played stereo and are all around you. Kinda weird to explain and to read, but makes a cool feeling ingame.

Helicopters got all swapped to new sounds and values. More silent in the distance at first but get really loud on close range without being overpowered. The "Turbo Model-T" and "Motocycle-Racing" effects are gone, the new fit way better. If someone might still think its weird, check your "authentic sources" where you get your informations at, because all helicopters have a solid authentic sound construct.

Same goes for sonic cracks and explosions. Both categories got changed. Explosions may sound way different, same as the snaps, but all are based on new authentic material that I got my hands on.

There are still a lot of things that I couldn't test right now. There are thousands of sounds in the game and its mostly insane to aim at each specific effect. It would take ages. So most problems and bugs just appear randomly... sooner or later. Before or after the release. I like them to appear before that obviously but thats mostly impossible. :)

I'll try to capture some of the new effects and will provide a video. 2016 will be the year of JSRS, but version 2.5 of DragonFyre will be the last. After the release I will fully concentrate on JSRS4.0 ... or maybe something completely new :)

Thanks for staying with me,

LJ

Seems to be great but i have one ask.

I live near airport "Balice", there are lot of MI-24, "hercules" heavly planes, normal civilian choppers, like MI-8, mi-2 and some smaller. Also civilian jets the most, but the choppers are hearable from long distance, from very long i mean. About 2,5KM is where you can determine which choppers is that.  Can you tweak heli sounds a bit?