How much better is  2.0 over the previous version? Just asking before I start downloading .

How much better is  2.0 over the previous version? Just asking before I start downloading .

:huh:

Its not better, just different.

LJ

• Like 2

If you mean changelog look on previous site, or changelog on armahollic.

Hmm I'm wondering why no one has given any feedback yet. Is that a good or a rather bad :P

Especially interesting would be the MP part of this mod. If it is working and all that since I never came to test it properly.

LJ

Ist possible to port over rhs Sounds to work like JSRS. But thats a long term process and would require a lot of new sounds for theire weapons. Like the distance sounds and tails fitting the idea.

LJ

I'm guessing that will be the case for all addon weapons wich don't inherit from vanilla configs, right?

Do you think the incoming changes to the sound engine could allow a more universal compatibility for mods such as Dragonfyre?

At first glance, I'd tend to think it will not be the case : just like one of the previous updates regarding weapon sound configs, this one is going to need changes on each weapons (modders have a lot of work incoming...).

But I would love to be proven wrong this time! ^^

Hi Lord, small feedback, Lite Version,

Distanz sounds verry good, Rifle sounds ( all Rifles )are bump, mhhh my englisch.... bad :(

Die Gewehr Schüsse, von allen Gewehren sind so hallig dumpf, wie wenn in einem Raum geschossen wird.

Ich bevorzuge das SPMG 338, da ist es besonders zu hören, aber auch bei der Katiba. Mehr Nachhall hätt mir auch gut gefallen.

Aber jeder hat natürlich ein anderes Empfinden.

Danke für die Mühe dir du dir mit den Sounds machst und natürlich auch die Mod.

mhhh my englisch.... bad :(

Nonetheless, as per forum rules, you should try to write in english.

Google trad (or any other translation service online) might help. ;)

I'm guessing that will be the case for all addon weapons wich don't inherit from vanilla configs, right?

Do you think the incoming changes to the sound engine could allow a more universal compatibility for mods such as Dragonfyre?

At first glance, I'd tend to think it will not be the case : just like one of the previous updates regarding weapon sound configs, this one is going to need changes on each weapons (modders have a lot of work incoming...).

But I would love to be proven wrong this time! ^^

You are wrong indeed. The upcoming changed wont change anything on the configs in the way they work currently. So I the case of mods, you would have to add some shader rules/controllers to activate the shaders. So basically all configs will work as before.

Which also means that even if I use the new shaders on JSRS it wont effect RHS. But at least they wont have to do anything and can have their current configs going.

Hi Lord, small feedback, Lite Version,

Distanz sounds verry good, Rifle sounds ( all Rifles )are bump, mhhh my englisch.... bad :(

Die Gewehr Schüsse, von allen Gewehren sind so hallig dumpf, wie wenn in einem Raum geschossen wird.

Ich bevorzuge das SPMG 338, da ist es besonders zu hören, aber auch bei der Katiba. Mehr Nachhall hätt mir auch gut gefallen.

Aber jeder hat natürlich ein anderes Empfinden.

Danke für die Mühe dir du dir mit den Sounds machst und natürlich auch die Mod.

Heh Danke, Mate. I got it :)

LJ

• Like 2

@LordJarhead: I suppose I could offer you some feedback. I understand what you mean about this one being 'different'. Like the previous critic, I am really enjoying the script-less distant sounds. I am also loving the way vehicles sound now. For some reason, on the regular dragonfyre version, I could not hear things going on around me while in vehicles (including the quadbike). However, now I can hear stuff MUCH better while riding around. However, again like the last guy, I have to say the effects of rifles is a bit....strange. There is a heavy bass emphasis to every shot, and I have noticed that the sounds do not necessarily mesh well with matching trigger pull. It is almost like lag, but hard to explain. If I put any rifle on auto, it plays the sound at weird and random intervals compared to regular dragonfyre, almost like it is out of sync. This can happen when firing on semi quickly as well.  Also, sometimes when I pull the trigger, the sound arrives a bit late compared to recoil and muzzle flash. The differentiation of sounds based on firing location is also, at times, jarring. Standing in a field near vehicles I fired a magazine off in a 360 degree area. As I fired, the sounds drastically differed based on minor objects in the way (for example, a huge difference when firing towards vehicles and then firing two feet to the right of them). Oh, and I have not noticed any slowdowns, etc, so that is great of course. Ultimately, I will probably go back to Dragonfyre regular for the time being. HOWEVER- I do not intend to stay there; I only want to wait and see what you can do with all the new goodies coming our way, and how you implement it. IE, I will keep checking in to see how each update goes for sure. I will continue to test this one for a bit though. Hope this is helpful. If clarification is need, please let me know!

I can confirm this what corona2172 said:

There is a heavy bass emphasis to every shot, and I have noticed that the sounds do not necessarily mesh well with matching trigger pull. It is almost like lag, but hard to explain. If I put any rifle on auto, it plays the sound at weird and random intervals compared to regular dragonfyre, almost like it is out of sync. This can happen when firing on semi quickly as well.  Also, sometimes when I pull the trigger, the sound arrives a bit late compared to recoil and muzzle flash

Noticed this too, like a little delay, especially when firing FullAuto

Thats one of the issues I was struggling with. But I maybe have a solution for that already. The only problem is that I cannot garantee it will help people with low-end computers as the delay is caused by the engine being unable to mesh overlays properly in a milisecond.

I'll tweak the sound files which will cause a bigger update now but will hopefully fully fix the delay problems. Tho the problem with the vehicle 360 degrees during thingy I cannot fix as that's the way the engine handles the sounds of seems. That will be better on later released when I can implement sound sharers into the stable build as it is only in some devs pre builds yet.

LJ

That sounds great Lord Jarhead! I am looking forward to it. As for the 360 degree thing, it isn't a huge deal. I can imagine when BI gives you more tools to work with it will be amazing.

That sounds great Lord Jarhead! I am looking forward to it. As for the 360 degree thing, it isn't a huge deal. I can imagine when BI gives you more tools to work with it will be amazing.

Well not much new tools but probably a lot of new features and posibillities that will help reach the goals.

Currently I'll have to adjust each weapon sound so the close sounds perfectly fit the distance effects. I have to make them start at exactly the time frame. This little offset that exists currently for some of the weapons will mostly be fixed but as mentioned under harsh circumstances the engine might be unable to have them all played the same time.

This will be better with the shaders in future. They will be mixed via engine and then they will be played.

LJ

Will definitely provide MP feedback after tonight's CiA coop night! Eagerly waiting for trying JSRS in it :D

I have one feedback. I live near the airport and the forest, so i can hear choppers while they are far away, i actually hear them first, and later i see them. In arma engine its totally wrong - rotor air vehicles are hearable from same distance like tanks, which isnt realistic. They should be hearable from 1,5km quiet, 1km louder, and 500 meters just like now on 300m.

I have one feedback. I live near the airport and the forest, so i can hear choppers while they are far away, i actually hear them first, and later i see them. In arma engine its totally wrong - rotor air vehicles are hearable from same distance like tanks, which isnt realistic. They should be hearable from 1,5km quiet, 1km louder, and 500 meters just like now on 300m.

I will take it in consideration, Mate :)

LJ

• Like 2

Choppers in the distance was one the best features from JSRS back in Arma2 days. ;)

• Like 2

Yep.

If i dared, i would also add that the jets sounds, perceived from the ground as well, should be a good notch above the choppers ones, if possible. ;)

maybe you lowered/smoothed their volumes with the new update?

Another thing that is missing in my opinion is the "engine scream" when the jet, or even the chopper, passes right above your head. as in this example :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17h04ag1YHg

at : 0:27-0:28 / 0:36-0:37 / 1:15-1:16 / 1:25-1:26. see what i mean?

I wondered if this kind of specific sounds, based on the engine type (as you did for the starting sounds, the general electric turbofan for the A16-4 is great  :wub: )  could be implemented and triggered right when the jet passes at the closest distance of the player? with a volume proportional to the distance, the closer the louder? oh god, it could achieve the sound immersion with the jets! deal with it! :)

A last detail about the GAU-8 gatling cannon : i don't know if it is related to the sample itself, but even if you fire a short burst, the sample is displayed twice, and don't stick to the actual lengh of the burst. maybe a tweak could do the trick?

Otherwise, gave a good try to the new version, and even if some details are missing for now untill the new engine features are built in i guess, the whole mod is very pleasant and detailed. sure it will be a great basis for future improvements.

Keep up the great work :)

• Like 1

Ok so heres a little Changelog of things I did after the release:

• Tweaked sound samples of all handheld weapons
  • Decreased BaseCore bass lvl lowFreq eq
  • Tweaked Cyrus BaseCore high pitch
  • Fixed ABR18 (EBR) BaseCore offset
  • Fixed offset of BaseDist sound samples
  • Added BaseTail meadow reflections from hills
  • Tweaked helicopter distance values for DistantSound
  • Tweaked helicopter distance values for various engine noises
  • Tweaked Jet distance values for audible engine noises
  • Tweaked volume values of weapons - handheld
  • Fixed Gau8 double sound

That is all I remember right now, probably more there hehe...

LJ

• Like 5

Could you take a look at these, spamming my RPT:

Cannot load sound 'dfyrelite_p_environmensounds\sfx\bell_big.wss'

Cannot load sound 'dfyrelite_p_environmensounds\sfx\bell_small.wss'

Update 2.01 is out. DragonFyre LITE will be the normal version in future and just called DragonFyre 2.0 from now on.

LJ

• Like 4

Ok so heres a little Changelog of things I did after the release:

• Tweaked sound samples of all handheld weapons
  • Decreased BaseCore bass lvl lowFreq eq
  • Tweaked Cyrus BaseCore high pitch
  • Fixed ABR18 (EBR) BaseCore offset
  • Fixed offset of BaseDist sound samples
  • Added BaseTail meadow reflections from hills
  • Tweaked helicopter distance values for DistantSound
  • Tweaked helicopter distance values for various engine noises
  • Tweaked Jet distance values for audible engine noises
  • Tweaked volume values of weapons - handheld
  • Fixed Gau8 double sound

That is all I remember right now, probably more there hehe...

LJ

473 MB ? Why is no sound of explosions?

473 MB ?  Why is there no sound of an explosion?

cant aqquire this update...

For me the bug with the Gau8 still persists. The sound of shooting is hearable twice!