So I release this LITE Version that I lately build and updated. There might be a problem with the volume that I need to figure out but I can't figure how. Yet!

On the side, some notes for you:

Direct Download from JSRS-Studios Servers

JSRS-Studios Download Servers

So here is a list of some notes that came to my mind. These are the things I did so far:

1. Various Volume changes throughout every single config file
  2. Environment sounds decreased for a more dynamic range between loud and silent sounds
  3. Explosions got tweaked a little. Mostly volume and distant tweaks
  4. Movement volume tweaks
  5. Soniccracks got decreased on further distances while close calls are stil loud
  6. Helicopters got tweaked in volume and distances
  7. Jets got tweaked in volume and distances
  8. Tanks got tweaked in volume. Vehicles have a quieter volume int and ext
  9. Wheeled vehicles got tweaked to fit the tracked vehicles volume levels
  10. Most vehicles got decreased in volume due to dynamic range
  11. Most new engine sounds got muffled a little bit to decrease high EQ sounds
  12. All weapon configs got tweaked and every single entry got changed
  13. All vehicle weapons support environmental tails now, forests, meadows, houses
  14. All weapons have distance sounds by config now
  15. Weapons have different tails and echoes wiht and without silencers
  16. Vehicle weapons have distance sounds
  17. Everything runs script free so far
  18. Using config tricks most effects of the scripted version got implemented
  19. Interior sounds, Tails and reverbs fitting their environment, distance sounds
  20. Over 400+ new sound effects got added to simulate distance-sounds and tails
  21. Super performance due to ZERO scripting
  22. No loss of performance with virtually almost the same quality
  23. All working in multiplayer
  24. Multiple Volume tweaks
  25. Stereotweaks
  26. Vehicle Engine sound tweaks
  27. Distance tweaks
  28. Fixed RPTs

Facts:

400+ new sound files, 3815 sounds in total
Unpacked size around 3,4GB, over 1GB less than the scripted
Packed in 4 Minutes into a 1.7GB .rar

From the ReadMe:

What is JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE?

JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE is a sound modification for ArmA3. The purpose of this modification is to bring new sounds to the game, making it more exciting. Many would say it makes the game much more realistic, but that is not the initial purpose of this modification. Even if some sounds are very authentic to what we call "modern warfare" still the main purpose was just to create a certain type of sound feeling.

What are the overall features of this mod?

The mod adds over a few thousand new sounds to the game, most ingame sounds are exchanged by these.
Since this is the so called „LITE“ version of the original JSRS3 DragonFyre version, it does not bring any script sounds to the game, making it way more faster and better for MP sessions. As no scripts are involved anymore, there is no way this mod could conflict with scripted missions or other script heavy addons.

Also it works way better with other addons such as weapon packs and addon vehicles. Overall, this is the perfect lighty version of a game changing soundmod.

How to install this mod?

The mod comes in a ready to use status. You dont have to install anything by setup. All you would have to do is to download and open the .rar file. In there, you can find the @DragonFyreLITE folder. Now you place this folder inside your ArmA3 main folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@DragonFyreLITE Once its in there you have multiple options now. Either you start up the game, go under settings inthe "expansions" menu and select the mod and restart ArmA3. Or you use the integrated ArmA3 launcher that you can find in the ArmA3 main folder, go under parameters and select DragonFyre under mods. Any other ways to install this mod would be nonsense and these two are the best ways, trust me.

What do I required to run this mod?

What is important to note is that JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE do NOT need CBA. Your ArmA3 should be at least on the latest version and not on DevBranch. If you use stable thats the only version we can determine issues and problems with as the DevBranch is a "change on the fly" ArmA3 version that can cause problems all the time. If I`d fix these problems, it might cause issues on the stable version. So I only can support one of the two version. Keep that in mind.

Who I would like to thank!

Thanks goes to the helpers that have helped me alongside the development to realize this project and made this mod what it is today. Greetings go out to Yokhanan, LAxmann, Bakerman and all the internal testers that reported problems during the test phase of JSRS2. Thanks to those peoples, I was able to release such a stable version of JSRS3 DragonFyre/LITE.

Also I'd like to thank my girlfriend Francisca for helping and supporting me all the time! I love you so much, Francisca!

So, any feedback would be nice. And please report any bugs you might find. Not tested in MP so far. But it should work fine as there are no scripts at all this time.

Thanks you,

LJ

• Like 6

LordJarhead, how dare you not give us a release date and a half assed version of the mod called LITE, WE WANT THE FULL MOD NOW, YOU WORK FOR US LIKE A DISNEY STUDIO!

In all honesty, thanks for continuing your work on improving the sounds in the game, your work is one of the things that inspired me into modding ArmA, looking forward to downloading this new lite version!

I just came here to download Dragon Fyre as I stopped using it some months ago.But now I see you have released something today?Is it a new version of DF Lite? (Weird coincidence :D  )

Updated mod v1.0.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey LordJarhead , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

JSRS3: DragonFyre - Lite v1.0

==============

@LordJarhead

Can you please confirm the version number? Cause it was version 1.0 previously and the archive shows still 1.0. ;)

Yikes, you'r right. Well, this is the new version. So we might call it 2.0 then I guess. I will try to rename the .rar archive, let me try.

LJ

EDIT: Renamed files and release number to 2.0. You dont have to redownload tho, I just changed the number.

Updated mod v1.0.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey LordJarhead , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Can you as well change the version number to 2.0? Thank you for your support as well :)

LJ

Renamed files and release number to 2.0. You dont have to redownload tho, I just changed the number.

Thanks for checking mate :)

I have updated the Armaholic pages and hosted arcive.

news_download_a3_3.png

JSRS3: DragonFyre - Lite v2.0

@LordJarhead: So, since you learned a lot of new things about the upcoming sound changes, does this mean that this is now irrelevant?

When the LITE version (which will later be the normal DragonFyre version (Without this stupid LITE then, yes!)) is ready or "done" we will build a small script covering basic distance effects for weapons and explosions, interior explosions and maybe close shrapnel sounds and add this to the build. In the end, the plan is to have ONE version and people add the scripts by exchanging PBO`s and thats it! No two versions, no two downloads.

Correct me if I am wrong, but does this now mean that the version you just released will be updated and will never need scripts again to achieve the same depth as the Dragonfyre standard version had?

I hope so! If you could make a non-scripted version that was as deep and complex sounding as your last Dragonfyre iteration, this will be the start of an even more amazing mod than it already has been. Keep it up man, we appreciate it!

Awesome release. Different from the previous version of LiTE, but in a good way!

Everything I've thrown at it works, except for one small thing I'm not even sure I'll ever use myself. If you go into Zeus -> Modules -> Fire Support and spawn a 230mm rocket strike, there's no audio at all for me upon impact, complete silence when the strike hits. No, I have not tried it without JSRS LiTE running, I'd rather uninstall ... :)

You never cease to amaze LJ. Incredibly well done and I thank you with all of my Arma-ears :D

• Like 1

Hi,

thank you for your great work. With this Sound Mod A3 is much more fun. :angel: 

Congrats on this new release and thank you very much  :)

Will give this beauty a good try!

So whats the plan now?

The plan is simple. Back in the days I always build the scripted version, used all kinds of scripts and tried to build an LITE script-free version from that. Which had the big problem that it never sounded as good as the original. This time we want to try the other way around. I first build this script-free version and made it sound really good so far. I`m close to a point to say we dont NEED any scripts in future anymore. But honestly I really want to try at least a simple and REALLY small script to keep basic things going. Like distance sounds for explosions which are so far not possible without scripting. And to suppord further distance of weapons. There can still be this spot on perfection that we could try to cover by scripting. But this time, the LITE version has priority!

When the LITE version (which will later be the normal DragonFyre version (Without this stupid LITE then, yes!)) is ready or "done" we will build a small script covering basic distance effects for weapons and explosions, interior explosions and maybe close shrapnel sounds and add this to the build. In the end, the plan is to have ONE version and people add the scripts by exchanging PBO`s and thats it! No two versions, no two downloads.

Considering that the LITE thread is closed for now, and what you said earlier, can we assume that this version is the new "stable and unified" one you'll work on in the future?

As you brought the distant sounds or interior sounds via config, and wish to work with optional Pbos if i understood well, can we consider the "old" JSRS3 scripted version as obsolete and delete it?

Thanks again. Keep up the great work :)

@LordJarhead: So, since you learned a lot of new things about the upcoming sound changes, does this mean that this is now irrelevant?

Correct me if I am wrong, but does this now mean that the version you just released will be updated and will never need scripts again to achieve the same depth as the Dragonfyre standard version had?

I hope so! If you could make a non-scripted version that was as deep and complex sounding as your last Dragonfyre iteration, this will be the start of an even more amazing mod than it already has been. Keep it up man, we appreciate it!

The version I just release is the one I will work with and maybe build upon. Tho currently I must wait for BIS to implement the new features to their next few Updates before I can cover all features without the scripts. But yes, this LITE version is kinda the basement for the FULL version one day.

When I get that far, I'll release it as JSRS 4.0 or something I guess.

Awesome release. Different from the previous version of LiTE, but in a good way!

Everything I've thrown at it works, except for one small thing I'm not even sure I'll ever use myself. If you go into Zeus -> Modules -> Fire Support and spawn a 230mm rocket strike, there's no audio at all for me upon impact, complete silence when the strike hits. No, I have not tried it without JSRS LiTE running, I'd rather uninstall ... :)

You never cease to amaze LJ. Incredibly well done and I thank you with all of my Arma-ears :D

Hmm strange. Did that problem spawned any RPT's maybe?

Sound Bug

Did you tested without RHS as well?

LJ

@Kartaviy_RU

there are NO enhancements for RHS weapons users.

I tested at least M4's and heard some AK shooting at me.

It's just vanilla RHS.

I m aware of an "Unofficial compatibility patch" //but i really can't tell if it's still working with

the latest JSRS-DF_lite.

I ll check  it sometime today tho..

I m aware of an "Unofficial compatibility patch" //but i really can't tell if it's still working with

the latest JSRS-DF_lite.

I ll check  it sometime today tho..

Probably won't work : I made it to adress the Full version scripts not triggering on RHS:USAF units.

Seen as LITE is 100% config, the solution would be to edit all RHS weapons so they make use of patched vanilla sounds.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. :/

Probably won't work : I made it to adress the Full version scripts not triggering on RHS:USAF units.

Seen as LITE is 100% config, the solution would be to edit all RHS weapons so they make use of patched vanilla sounds.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. :/

Thanks for saving me the trouble man.

Yes..i guess it's too much effort.

No, i test only with RHS mod

Well JSRS only changes the sounds on default Arma3 content, it is not designed to change the sounds of other mods such as RHS. Which is why you will notice different sounds, which in this case it is not a sound bug. If you want to have JSRS work with RHS, you would need change the sounds of the RHS mod (which would be a complex task and need permission from the authors of RHS).

• Like 1

I play with RHS too (I cant imagine gameplay without it) and i dont think this is bug. This clicking sound is soniccrack.

Ist possible to port over rhs Sounds to work like JSRS. But thats a long term process and would require a lot of new sounds for theire weapons. Like the distance sounds and tails fitting the idea.

LJ

• Like 1

Ist possible to port over rhs Sounds to work like JSRS. But thats a long term process and would require a lot of new sounds for theire weapons. Like the distance sounds and tails fitting the idea.

LJ

Yeah, but you may know, Laxeman is working on sounds for RHS. All sounds delivered by your mod is enough - finally normal explosions, soniccracks are breaking the barier of happyness, and battle finally sounds like battle, not some forest party ;) Converting JSRS sounds over RHS can be done, but in my opinion, it can wait, beacuse RHS team is changing sounds almost every update. Off course some of them are not changed since first release (little annoying PKM sound) but i hope Laxeman is onto it.