Very happy to read LJ. Wouldn't even imagine playing Arma3 without the current JSRS3-LiTE.

Not sure what encouraging words to say .... but <3! Hella' lots of <3!

Still around here :)

This will to continuously improve your work and the mod is impressive. Thanks for this dedication.

Can't wait to try the new lite version. keep up the good work!

Quite happy for you to see that you are changing your approach - and must likely avoiding much frustration later on in the process.

DragonFyre is probably one of the biggest mods and must be a huge task to develop & support; if I may : just don't burn yourself and think of your personnal satisfaction before anything else.

All the best for the future.

Sadly, one can't make distant sounds having apropriate environmental effects without scripting - as the "tail" system BI implemented is really limited and/or broken.

And there is nothing sad in that - LJ stated that scripts aren't out of the equation, they're just coming last.

Sadly, one can't make distant sounds having apropriate environmental effects without scripting - as the "tail" system BI implemented is really limited and/or broken.

Is it just me or is the tail system not really working on others than the player himself? AI doesn`t seems to use it or work with it...

LJ

Great to hear you're still alive :) And also great to hear you are still able to treat this as a hobby and have a bit of fun with it.

The absence of scripting yet maintenance of benefits is very welcoming.

Can't wait to play around with the newest version once the release is done, glad you're still here.

LJ, I wanted to ask : are you aware of the changes coming with the next major updates? :

vPOIy0K.jpg

Yes I've kinda followed it. But got kinda lazy and was worrying about jsrs. Because slowly they start to implement all the features I had in the latest builds, but not as good or intense as I had it. Which means all my feature are not needed anymore but bis's results aren't the quality I would like them to be hehe. But it's great that they go this way finally.

LJ

• Like 2

Yes I've kinda followed it. But got kinda lazy and was worrying about jsrs. Because slowly they start to implement all the features I had in the latest builds, but not as good or intense as I had it. Which means all my feature are not needed anymore but bis's results aren't the quality I would like them to be hehe. But it's great that they go this way finally.

LJ

Yeah, I was under the same impression, eventhough I wasn't thinking out loud.

Well, it would most likely facilitate your work in the end - and I guess they didn't had that many alternatives with the current engine.

If anything, it shows you went the most efficient way from the beginning. ;)

LJ

I think BI listened the players about JSRS and they are trying to put something like "their version of JSRS" into the game, but it will be included, bugged, and again not fixed by next year. Im really happy you are making LITE versions - it have less problems with new updates from Bohemia. My advice, release most simpy LITE and wait with the scripts, this update....it will simply waste your job. Bohemia should release main changes to the sound engine way before the update, so the modders community could prepare mods for it. If it will look like on @haleks post, it will include something like "distant sounds"? I dont know if i  understand this well.

So I had a call from Jan Dusek and we were talking about the further development in the audio section. There are some major steps coming along (as some already knew) and I`m pretty sure that this is going to be awesome. As I see it, there is no need of any scripts anymore in the near future. I`m downloading some dev content right now and will take a deeper look into things this evening. The new soundsets and shaders will open MANY new doors to achive things we couldn`t dream about.

I know this sounds pretty glorious right now but it will be a major step ahead and will futher advance the audio section of the game. Plus, its pretty easy to understand and maintaine, so there might be lot of modders that find new motivation in audio development.

The current DragonFyre version is build for the StableBranch and could be released. I might fix some minor issues and volume tweaks but its good to go I guess. Having some people testing it later.

So yeah, withing the next few weeks we might get something build thats pretty neat and the whole thing finally goes the direction I (and many others) wanted it. And the fact that there wont be any scripts needed to achive my features, plus its way more efficient than any script could be, makes me think about some major audible achivements :)

Thanks guys, I`ll keep you posted ;)

LJ

• Like 7

So I had a call from Jan Dusek and we were talking about the further development in the audio section. There are some major steps coming along (as some already knew) and I`m pretty sure that this is going to be awesome. As I see it, there is no need of any scripts anymore in the near future. I`m downloading some dev content right now and will take a deeper look into things this evening. The new soundsets and shaders will open MANY new doors to achive things we couldn`t dream about.

I know this sounds pretty glorious right now but it will be a major step ahead and will futher advance the audio section of the game. Plus, its pretty easy to understand and maintaine, so there might be lot of modders that find new motivation in audio development.

The current DragonFyre version is build for the StableBranch and could be released. I might fix some minor issues and volume tweaks but its good to go I guess. Having some people testing it later.

So yeah, withing the next few weeks we might get something build thats pretty neat and the whole thing finally goes the direction I (and many others) wanted it. And the fact that there wont be any scripts needed to achive my features, plus its way more efficient than any script could be, makes me think about some major audible achivements :)

Thanks guys, I`ll keep you posted ;)

LJ

Great News LJ 

Great news! Will it be MP compatible?

Great news! Will it be MP compatible?

See my post on the last page, yep :)

LJ

Oh that's great. I've stopped using JSRS since you announced that it's not MP compatible as I play coop mostly. A week ago I had some spare time so I played some SP and reactivated it. Oh boy, what a change for the better it was... I forgot how much it adds to the experience!

Good news , thanks LJ..

Sometimes I disable JSRS and oh boy it feels so empty !! So thank you again for your effort and your contribution to the overall game experience.

We are waiting for fruits of your job. After today post from Bohemia developers i see future of Arma brighter, much brighter, than 2 weeks ago :) I hope they will fix clouds and physx finally BTW :P I just cant wait !!!!!!! :D And cant believe this is hapening :)

Pretty cool news, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the new DragonFyre version as well, finally MP will be supported, awesome!  :D

I am certainly still around! This is outstanding news for all of us. Like many others, I have been watching the recent updates intended for Arma 3 and wondered how it would work with this. Excellent to hear that it not only will not impede you, but rather will help you. I cannot wait to try the new DF version! Still aiming for "around November"?

"around November"?

Well the normal answer to that, is when its done and not before ;) 

• Like 1

Well the normal answer to that, is when its done and not before ;)

That sounds good :P

Though I can imagine I should never give any specific release dates again, bad things happened last few times I did that :P

LJ

• Like 3

So, I've got a question about spawned explosions. I'm working on a mission that spawns an "artillery strike" and the sound works fine without JSRS. However, the explosions don't make any sound at all with the mod. I understand it has something to do with the mod needing an event handler for ammo, but is there a way to work around this for my mission?