Personally i stopped using any sound mods. If i play with RHS i dont use any other mods, except equivalent small addons like this that ACE contain, CBA, Bcombat and map packs from Arma 2. RHS sounds really good, as laxemann started to cooperate with them. Besides that JSRS was great, till Bohemia changes all sounds configs and messed firefights, so i dont hear the shooter 50 meters from me (his gun), but only his sonic cracks. Instinctly i search him for longer distance, but damm, i'm dead in few seconds. Thats why i stoped using Soundmods and waiting till Bohemia fix what they messed up. More over JSRS as writed above, change vanilla content, which means (while using RHS) only explosions - is there a sense using more than 2 GB mods only for explosions, which dont work perfect (again Bohemia changes - explosion are too quiet)? I will use JSRS one day, when i decise to play vanilla content which will propably never happen as it is too futurealistic, and i cant look at CSAT uniforms (looking like predator's) and this gloves with metal finish.... Game reminds me more Star Wars than normal warfare - all this vehicle design.... God, why they didnt put normal blackhawk? But yeah, its a diferent story, diferent topic, and that was my 2 cents, and it doesnt change the fact, that JSRS is a king of sound mods.   

so.... LJ, what happened to the update you were going to upload 2 weeks ago? :(

We had an intruder on our servers, also changed the server provider lately and I gotta reupload all the content again. Not sure when I come to release it. There is currently so much stuff going here.

Will keep you informed tho, of course!

LJ

• Like 4

We had an intruder on our servers, also changed the server provider lately and I gotta reupload all the content again. Not sure when I come to release it. There is currently so much stuff going here.

Will keep you informed tho, of course!

LJ

Thanks for the hard work LJH. Take your time and try not to get flustered :)

Just wanted to say thanks LJ for your current work. For me high quality soundsets have been a massive part of the immersion factor of the simulation since way back in the early days of Operation Flashpoint and Resistance. Your explosions sounds are absolutely superb, especially the grenade ground hit and building hit samples. Great stuff, keep it up. In the meantime the affected HUMMV's and MRAP's are pulled out of service and gottena huge armor update from a seperate mod. ;)

Cheers

Jocko

So I got some new audio equipment and some high quality headphones (finally) and I must say, there are lot sounds I dont exactly know what I was aiming to do there. Some weapons to pierce to sharply high pitched, I can`t really enjoy that any longer. Thats one of the problems that comes when using headphones that are not exactly neutral, do have a higher bass saturation so to speak. So with the new HP I know where to go with the sounds.

The sound overall needs to be a bit quieter, weapons a bit more punchy and less sharply high pitched as they now are. The good thing here is that I kept those sounds mostly separated which means it will mostly end up with config work. I did some new sounds for environment and will take a look over the weapons.

LJ

• Like 2

What headphones ? Im using AKG K240mk2 for production for almost 10 years.

Don't sound designers usually work on speakers rather than headphones?

I used to do a bit of computer music and to me it seemed that the general consensus was that you pretty much always end up disappointed when relying too much on headphones - no matter how good they are supposed to be.

Curious to listen to those new environment sounds by the way!

I used to do a bit of computer music and to me it seemed that the general consensus was that you pretty much always end up disappointed when relying too much on headphones - no matter how good they are supposed to be.

You're absolutely right, the "regular" thing is to use headphones for stereo separation + detail-work and listen to the mix on monitors during and after the production to get a more natural feedback.

Then again, having some proper headphones is always a good start and most people are playing with some crappy 50$ headsets anyway :/

Normally thats the case. And I have a decent set of high quality speakers, no question. But I'm also not a professional having a decent studio, I have family and neighbors near by, so there is mostly no other way then to dodge to headphones, especially at the evening or even night times which is normally the time I do my sounds.

And as Laxemann stated its not really the case that every player does have a nice pair of speakers or 200+ $ Headphones. So from time to time its even interesting to use cheaper headphone just to see how others experience my work.

Also I said I'm not designing new sounds, I tweak configs for the existing sounds, and that can happen with the headphones and works fine so far :)

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 3

Well i had commercial audio - creative inspire 5400 5.1 surround, till volume controller started to crazy and volume and bass started to change itself drivin me crazy, and it was impossible to repair. I lived with this 4 years, when my mind finally started to hear voices i decided to find temponrary fix (as my family hate computers and say its a waste of money) and i buyed Philips SHP 2600/00 headphones . That was my first good choice as the previous audio i had for the start with first computer (about 6 years or more). Now, since 4 months i buyed yamaha RX-360 and 2 stere columns Opus 110 (not producet these days) and finally meet high quality sound. All songs sound diferent.

Hi
Arma3 1.52 and the latest RHS escalation have problems with Dragonfyre.
When I enable Dragonfyre some RHS vehicle turrets are not working. Humvee M2  for example... in gunner position I get only "freelook" and the weapon does not fire.
edit: the problem lies in dfyre_v_w_hunter.pbo

Again, yes, and this time even the unofficial patch doesnt help...

This topic is rolled for months - delete "dfyre_v_w_hunter.pbo" and it will work.

• Like 1

Google translator.

I have one patch 1.52 after missing half of sounds JSRS3? And another question, whether the update for this month? I can not live without this mod: D

Thank you for your work!

I reinstalled whole system and FORGOT to install sound driver - no i see the point. Arma runs smoother and battle sounds like battle. Lord Jarhead, Laxemann - what Sound card are you guys using? I have integrated Realtec HD audio card, but problem is, i was wasting my time with realtec HD audio manager. It was ruining joy from sounds - i wasnt able to hear any change of number Hz, bits - just nothing, all sound was like the same. Now i can clearly hear the sound changes when i'm changing its quality. This prooves Realtec's software is corruptet ot it override the setting people use. I havent any audio driver and i'm happy as i never was. :D

First: Great Job !! Awsome stuff !!! Great Cinema !!

This bring a good atmosphere to Arma 3 !! The vanilla sound is to stupid for a military simulation !

Just on question...   I can hear distant gunshot effects from the RHS Us Army but not from LOP Taliban Militia (Or CAF-Agressors Taliban).  Is the Distant Sound only working with vanilla weapon and RHS Weapons ?

Thanks you are doing a great Job for the community !!

• Like 1

Sorry to add to any stress... But I seem to be having a problem with sonic cracks; they're either very quiet or I can't really hear them at all. I just seem to be hearing impact sounds on objects around me. I've installed the unofficial patch and am getting shot at by mostly RHS small arms, although I've experimented with others. I remember back in A2 with JSRS I used to almost have a heart attack when I got shot at. I'm sad that this isn't the case anymore!!

Thanks for all your hard work mate, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Sorry to add to any stress... But I seem to be having a problem with sonic cracks; they're either very quiet or I can't really hear them at all. I just seem to be hearing impact sounds on objects around me. I've installed the unofficial patch and am getting shot at by mostly RHS small arms, although I've experimented with others. I remember back in A2 with JSRS I used to almost have a heart attack when I got shot at. I'm sad that this isn't the case anymore!!

Thanks for all your hard work mate, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

RHS and JSRS3 are not designed to work together - JSRS3 is designed to work on Vanilia Arma3, which means you will get issues when trying to run it with a mod which has its own custom sounds.

RHS and JSRS3 are not designed to work together - JSRS3 is designed to work on Vanilia Arma3, which means you will get issues when trying to run it with a mod which has its own custom sounds.

Not sure..... I was using JSRS and RHS for year with no errors, and it was runing fine. Sure, some sounds was little quieter, some louder but it wasnt changine gameplay immersion at all.

Hello everyone,

yes, I`m still alive :) I know its been dark around this project lately but its just because of whats going on in real life right now. But slowly I got back into old rhythms and started contacting old friends from back in the ArmA day (I talk like I`m 60+ years old lol) and started modding even.

What we got...

So I kinda thought about what ever I made back in the days and what I`ve released. Thought about the problems and issues there were and how to fix them. So to prevent myself from being packed with problems right from the start again I started with the LITE version. I was building it up from scratch using the old sounds and refigured some things, how to make the sounds, how to use the configs and basically how to implement most of the features the scripts brought. Of course its mostly not possible to implement all the scripted features right now but I have to say, I got most things kinda ported without any kind of script. More or less its cool but does not really reach the audible quality with the scripts, which is fine to me to be honest right now.

So what did I do?

So to start with something here is a list of some notes that came to my mind. These are the things I did so far:

1. Various Volume changes throughout every single config file
  2. Environment sounds decreased for a more dynamic range between loud and silent sounds
  3. Explosions got tweaked a little. Mostly volume and distant tweaks
  4. Movement volume tweaks
  5. Soniccracks got decreased on further distances while close calls are stil loud
  6. Helicopters got tweaked in volume and distances
  7. Jets got tweaked in volume and distances
  8. Tanks got tweaked in volume. Vehicles have a quieter volume int and ext
  9. Wheeled vehicles got tweaked to fit the tracked vehicles volume levels
  10. Most vehicles got decreased in volume due to dynamic range
  11. Most new engine sounds got muffled a little bit to decrease high EQ sounds
  12. All weapon configs got tweaked and every single entry got changed
  13. All vehicle weapons support environmental tails now, forests, meadows, houses
  14. All weapons have distance sounds by config now
  15. Weapons have different tails and echoes wiht and without silencers
  16. Vehicle weapons have distance sounds
  17. Everything runs script free so far
  18. Using config tricks most effects of the scripted version got implemented
  19. Interior sounds, Tails and reverbs fitting their environment, distance sounds
  20. Over 400+ new sound effects got added to simulate distance-sounds and tails
  21. Super performance due to ZERO scripting
  22. No loss of performance with virtually almost the same quality
  23. All working in multiplayer

Facts:

400+ new sound files, 3815 sounds in total
Unpacked size around 3,4GB, over 1GB less than the scripted
Packed in 4 Minutes into a 1.7GB .rar

I know you have seen many of these lists before to begin with. But this time this is not a list of things that are planned, this is a list of things that got realized already :)

So whats the plan now?

The plan is simple. Back in the days I always build the scripted version, used all kinds of scripts and tried to build an LITE script-free version from that. Which had the big problem that it never sounded as good as the original. This time we want to try the other way around. I first build this script-free version and made it sound really good so far. I`m close to a point to say we dont NEED any scripts in future anymore. But honestly I really want to try at least a simple and REALLY small script to keep basic things going. Like distance sounds for explosions which are so far not possible without scripting. And to suppord further distance of weapons. There can still be this spot on perfection that we could try to cover by scripting. But this time, the LITE version has priority!

When the LITE version (which will later be the normal DragonFyre version (Without this stupid LITE then, yes!)) is ready or "done" we will build a small script covering basic distance effects for weapons and explosions, interior explosions and maybe close shrapnel sounds and add this to the build. In the end, the plan is to have ONE version and people add the scripts by exchanging PBO`s and thats it! No two versions, no two downloads.

Any download links or release dates yet?

Nope, of course not :P I know that sucks. But good thing is, the current LITE build is about to be finished. I`m not even sure if there is anything I should tweak further or just release it this way. Its a way different audible feeling this time. And also I cannot say what ETA I`m aiming for. I guess this project is just alive because my life would be boring without a hobby, right? :) So I keep things going. And if everything works well the next few days AND if people are still interested in this, I guess I`ll release around November.

No videos either, thats due to my laptop I`m currently working on. As I have no access to my desktop right now I have to work on a different device. And laptops dont run ShadowPlay for some reason :X

So, I hope you guys are still here somewhere and I will keep you informed throughout the weeks or days how the development is going :)

Thanks a lot for your time guys,

LJ

• Like 7

LordJarhead, RHS team, ACE 3 team, Bcombat team, Laxemann..... Do you realize that Arma 3 without you, would be just plastic lego star wars?  You are taking this game to big step forward, off course, BIS have taken somehow good plan to fix basics (i hope they will do so) and game will finally shine, and be polished with Your fantastic job.