i think JSRS-Studios.com has been high jacked i keep getting a different site and my internet security goes nuts when i try to connect, it says the site has the wrong security certificates. or is this just a problem that i am having

edit:  both my server pc and client pc have the same problem.

Same here. 

i think JSRS-Studios.com has been high jacked i keep getting a different site and my internet security goes nuts when i try to connect, it says the site has the wrong security certificates. or is this just a problem that i am having

edit:  both my server pc and client pc have the same problem.

And here....

Yeah we got an intruder on the server and we gotta reset everything now. Can't say when we are back on track with the website. Sry guys...

LJ

Yeah we got an intruder on the server and we gotta reset everything now. Can't say when we are back on track with the website. Sry guys...

LJ

Your work is wanted so bad they're after you website!

LJ, i have unusual ask for you : Could you try to implement new, high quality thunder sound? I'm trying to make night operation mission with little scarry climat, and i used storm weather and..... i got disapointed. Thunder sounds like somebody have flatulence. Best thunder effects i saw was in GTA V (lighting, sound). In arma 3 only sound is bad there...

Hey, Lord Jarhead. It's been a month, so I hope your recovery has been smooth and as expected. I had to track down some mod conflicts recently, and went all the way back to vARMA. The vanilla MX weapons and sounds were such a letdown, and I appreciated the reminder of how much of a difference JSRS makes normally, in conjunction with the various weapon and equipment mods. Thank you for your work on JSRS!

Thanks for the feedback :)

The JSRS website and servers should be back online again and working. I have got an update from Bakerman as stated last week and will upload the update for you to test it. I had no chance so far to test the new script updates on a dedi server. So maybe someone is willing to do so and test things out. :)

I will keep you updated ;)

LJ

Thanks for the feedback :)

The JSRS website and servers should be back online again and working. I have got an update from Bakerman as stated last week and will upload the update for you to test it. I had no chance so far to test the new script updates on a dedi server. So maybe someone is willing to do so and test things out. :)

I will keep you updated ;)

LJ

I can test on my server tonight:-)

Did someone notice that JSRS is conflicting with RHS? It appear to disable HMMV and M33 gunner position.

Well this patch is not fixing the HMV gunner you need to remove dfyre_v_w_hunter.pbo from jsrs3\addons

There's a new RHS version out, so I think we need a new patch?

Isn't it RHS teams job?

No they not provide compatibility patch with any mod.Their mod is standalone and it's up to the uses to solve any incompatibility with other mods

Yes is common practice these days...like ACE & RHS compatibility...well since mods makers won't collaborate together it's up to the users make those kind of unofficial compatibility patch

LOL I guess I should take note. Its very hard to figure out why things are not compatible and even harder sometimes to make them compatible. That said I havent had any issues with JSRS or RHS.

• Like 1

Yes is common practice these days...like ACE & RHS compatibility...well since mods makers won't collaborate together it's up to the users make those kind of unofficial compatibility patch

If you want everything you get everthing...including any errors and incompatibility... ;)

Modmakers can not run after all errors and improve constantly. Especially when it is not their own work that caused the issues.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

Well, mod makers DO collaborate together. In my case its LAxman, Bakerman, a docent of testers. We do communicate about ideas, bring our skillz together and put them in one mod. And this ONE MOD is not made to work perfectly well with others. The most mods goal is to change vanilla content, such as in JSRS' case. And due to the cheer amount of mods, its mostly impossible for small mod groups or even single mod makers, to look out for other mods incompatibilities with their mod. That takes time, a lot of time. 

The smaller LITE version of JSRS3 will be compatible with other mods mostly, but also it will just change the vanilla content, not the mods content.

And just a small opinion of my own here, we had this topic way back in ArmA2 with the first JSRS releases. Mod makers most likely dont want others to just change things within their work to have a compatibility or some sort with another work. We had a few giant discussions about that in the past few years (think about what happened with Blastcore lately). So its a difficult topic actually. 

I can only talk about my own opinion here and I certainly dont want others to change my work or release patches of it without my permission for those types of compatibility things. :) Thats what my LITE version will be for one day. And for all the other things, RHS does have its own Sound Development that is quiet fitting the setting I guess ;)

LJ

• Like 4

The thing is that soundmods of course will only work on weapons that are supported/defined. Actual, larger soundmods all use distance scripts etc which means that each weapon has to get a soundset that sometimes consists of over 30 sounds. PER WEAPON.

Making something "compatible" therefore means designing and creating all these sounds.

Usually, it "kind of" works because the weapon classes inherit from a vanilla weapon that is supported, but that might not always be the case.

This leaves us with three options:

1. The sound mod creators make sounds for each and every weapon addon out there (.........because we have no life and needs....)

2. The mod creators make their own soundsets, dig into the soundmod's scripts and implement it themselves (......because everyone is a sound designer....)

3. No compatibility

• Like 3

I dont think anyone thought about adding sounds to every weapon of every mod out there, when the word compatibility came up. I think what was meant, is that compatibility could mean, that a soundmod doesnt have to break the turret movement of a modded humvee. Or something like that. But thats just my two cents ^^

I dont think anyone thought about adding sounds to every weapon of every mod out there, when the word compatibility came up. I think what was meant, is that compatibility could mean, that a soundmod doesnt have to break the turret movement of a modded humvee. Or something like that. But thats just my two cents ^^

That has nothing to do with compatibility but sloppy config work from the soundmod.

Did that happen?

Yea, at least this was the issue that started the compatibility discussion here on the previous page in the first place. Having jsrs running with rhs wrecks some turrets, like the m2 humvee one. There is an unofficial patch from some fellow modder to make it work again, but i think thats the compatibility problem everybody was referring to, not the fact that jsrs doesnt cover other mods with sounds (which is understandable to everyone i think).

Yea, at least this was the issue that started the compatibility discussion here on the previous page in the first place. Having jsrs running with rhs wrecks some turrets, like the m2 humvee one. There is an unofficial patch from some fellow modder to make it work again, but i think thats the compatibility problem everybody was referring to, not the fact that jsrs doesnt cover other mods with sounds (which is understandable to everyone i think).

Yeah and that was fixed by the update if I remember correctly. But thats what I was talking about: I did a config change for the sake of a turret sound for the MRAPs in Vanilla ArmA. It worked fine in the vanilla game, which the JSRS mod was made for. I couldn`t know it would break another mods content. And its certainly not my problem either when people mix their mods, right :)

But I was accepting the fact and said back then that I will fix that on my side, so there maybe wont be any turret sounds for MRAPs but at least it wont break shit on RHS when you use both mods. End of story I guess :)

LJ

• Like 1