Hey, is it just me or does dragonfyre conflict with CBA now? When I have CBA on, distant sounds stop working all together and when its off they work again, does anyone else have this problem?

P.S. I am absolutely in love with this soundmod, I can't imagine playing Arma without it now. One of the best Arma mods ever. :D

Hey, is it just me or does dragonfyre conflict with CBA now? When I have CBA on, distant sounds stop working all together and when its off they work again, does anyone else have this problem?

P.S. I am absolutely in love with this soundmod, I can't imagine playing Arma without it now. One of the best Arma mods ever. :D

It actually requires CBA to work. Check to see if perhaps you have 2 versions of CBA installed.

It actually requires CBA to work. Check to see if perhaps you have 2 versions of CBA installed.

I actually did have 2 versions of CBA installed, I don't even remember how it happened, lol. It didnt work anyway, I removed the older version of CBA and left alone only the newest one (RC 7) and I still have no distance sounds when its activated but when I put the older version back in and disable the newer one it works like a charm.

so just to clarify can i add this to my server and it will work or is it not complete yet. and before you say "oh there is a search function" or what ever other un productive comment you have i work 7 days a week ten hoours a day and run a server with out an help what so ever so all i have time for is the search that brought me here and this post.

It is not officially done for multiplayer yet. The only current release is SP (altho reports suggests that some/most stuff works).

Hey guys,

sry for my absence lately, been in medical rehabilitation currently and can hardly find the time for modding. Just wrote Laxman when we could start up with the new scripts. So I'm still here somewhere :)

LJ

• Like 1

Hey guys,

sry for my absence lately, been in medical rehabilitation currently and can hardly find the time for modding. Just wrote Laxman when we could start up with the new scripts. So I'm still here somewhere :)

LJ

Sorry to hear that, hope your on the mend and getting better.  :)

Hey guys,

LJ

Ill be back home in Germany this thursday, broski :)

• Like 1

Hey guys,

LJ

I hope you feel better soon!

Hey guys,

LJ

Wish you a prompt and good recovery. :)

Hey guys,

LJ

I know how that is, hang in there, I hope it gets better soon.

Thanks everyone, its been great so far. No worries. I'll be back in no-time :P

Is there an Admin that could fix my nickname maybe? For some reason its lordjarhead instead LordJarhead... weird :P

LJ

Take care LJ.

Re your nick capitalisation, you can fix that yourself via the Bohemia Profile account page. Happened to quite a few people.

Thanks mate,

tried that but didn't seemed to work so far... but I'll get it ;)

LJ

Rain sound not working for anyone else or am I pointing out the obvious?

Rain sound not working for anyone else or am I pointing out the obvious?

I guess its obvious :P

Working fine on my end, tho I can confirm they are way to quiet for heavy rain.

LJ

You're back in modding? Btw., is there any kind of dragonfyre-slim version(only weapon sounds, choppers 'n stuff? without the scripts that made all the admins forbid the mod on servers?) .. I can't stand the vanilla chopper sounds, they sound like 4 stroke dirt bikes.. lol

You're back in modding? Btw., is there any kind of dragonfyre-slim version(only weapon sounds, choppers 'n stuff? without the scripts that made all the admins forbid the mod on servers?) .. I can't stand the vanilla chopper sounds, they sound like 4 stroke dirt bikes.. lol

LJ hasnt released one yet, but he was working on one. No idea of the status though.

Yeah there will be an lighter version without scripting. It will contain most of the sounds but many will fall away obviously...

LJ

Any closer or further ETA? On my mission Heavy scripted version kill FPS, so i need good LITE version. And do you knwo about Dyna Sound mod with Laxeman? You guys should work together for best audio mods. And i have a little problem - i guess only you can help me. I have bought 2 stereo big columns with great sound possibilities and amplituner Yamaha RX-360 (yeah i know, its old....) and now i can barelly hear dialogs in Arma 3. I tried equalizers (not found good option), surroundings options ("room" fits the best, but it doesnt tweak dialogs volume any better). Sound card - Realtec HD audio - and also all explosion sounds are quiet. I think its same "channel" for this explosions, dialogs, and some more audio (drive-by, fly-by vehicles are quiet as well). Is there some bug in game/mod or some settings for that?

Any closer or further ETA? On my mission Heavy scripted version kill FPS, so i need good LITE version. And do you knwo about Dyna Sound mod with Laxeman? You guys should work together for best audio mods. And i have a little problem - i guess only you can help me. I have bought 2 stereo big columns with great sound possibilities and amplituner Yamaha RX-360 (yeah i know, its old....) and now i can barelly hear dialogs in Arma 3. I tried equalizers (not found good option), surroundings options ("room" fits the best, but it doesnt tweak dialogs volume any better). Sound card - Realtec HD audio - and also all explosion sounds are quiet. I think its same "channel" for this explosions, dialogs, and some more audio (drive-by, fly-by vehicles are quiet as well). Is there some bug in game/mod or some settings for that?

Care to elaborate what scripts you're running in your mission? I've yet to enconter any fps difference between using DragonFyre and not using it, in missions with lots of stuff going on,

Cheers

Could possibly be your speakers setup. I know this issue from back in the days when ArmA was first released. There was a strange bug that ArmA played the dialogs only in stereo even if you were using 5.1. So you could only hear it on the left or right speaker, not on the center or the back speakers. Otherwise there is no setting really for something like that I'm afraid.

Bakerman helped me out with the scripts for a way to have DF working on MP. So we are about to test things and see if it works fine now. So we can finally prepare things for the final version, and the final LITE version that is based on the scripted one, which needs to be working first obviously.

LJ

Care to elaborate what scripts you're running in your mission? I've yet to enconter any fps difference between using DragonFyre and not using it, in missions with lots of stuff going on,

Cheers

Only RHS and CBA. Sometimes some AI mods but only sometimes. I create missions with lot of ai (Defender, atacker) and fps drop very much while intense firefights, specially with Dragon Fyre (and i'm not suprised, as its lot of scripts).

Could possibly be your speakers setup. I know this issue from back in the days when ArmA was first released. There was a strange bug that ArmA played the dialogs only in stereo even if you were using 5.1. So you could only hear it on the left or right speaker, not on the center or the back speakers. Otherwise there is no setting really for something like that I'm afraid.

Bakerman helped me out with the scripts for a way to have DF working on MP. So we are about to test things and see if it works fine now. So we can finally prepare things for the final version, and the final LITE version that is based on the scripted one, which needs to be working first obviously.

LJ

Hmm, so i'm trapt. I created ticket to add option to set dialog volume in audio options. I hope i will be listened by BIS....

Here is the ticket, if somebody want, feel free to vote up :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25383

i think JSRS-Studios.com has been high jacked i keep getting a different site and my internet security goes nuts when i try to connect, it says the site has the wrong security certificates. or is this just a problem that i am having

edit:  both my server pc and client pc have the same problem.