Hello ,

Have you got news for the MP Version ?

It kinda works already. You may not hear some AI shooting, and you may not hear all sounds from your teammates, but I'd say it's 70% functional. Considering just how big of a difference this mod makes I decided that 70% is enough, and am running it now in MP. :D

To be perfectly honest, I'd even take this mod at 50% functionality over stock arma soundscape.

so do you think its ArmA 3 Wasteland ready ?

I wouldn't run it in a competitive pvp environment. You really need to hear other players, and you really really need to hear other players shooting. Which at the moment isn't really reliable. So sadly no, I don't think you could successfully run it on a public pvp server. I run it on coop missions with my buddies.

Love the sound pack, and I dread going back to standard sounds when playing King of the Hill.

+1 for patiently waiting for multiplayer update! :D

It kinda works already. You may not hear some AI shooting, and you may not hear all sounds from your teammates, but I'd say it's 70% functional. Considering just how big of a difference this mod makes I decided that 70% is enough, and am running it now in MP. :D

To be perfectly honest, I'd even take this mod at 50% functionality over stock arma soundscape.

John (Yokhanan) tested it either and said he didn't have any issues. Tho there is a difference between Dedi and client servers I guess. Still there are many sounds, even "important" sounds that are missing...

so do you think its ArmA 3 Wasteland ready ?

... and thatswhy I can't suggest to use it. So you have to...

Love the sound pack, and I dread going back to standard sounds when playing King of the Hill.

+1 for patiently waiting for multiplayer update! :D

... exactly, patiently waiting :)

Oh, you just registered here just to drop a message on my thread? Awesome dude :)

LJ

Oh yeah LJ, you were right, the MAR-10 sounds are good man :)

Hello Jarhead

Can you give me a timeframe for the MP release ?

Hello Jarhead

Can you give me a timeframe for the MP release ?

No I can't...

LJ

Whenever there is an A-10 gun run near me, i hear the vanilla arma sound of the rounds impacting and the vanilla gun sound?

Whenever there is an A-10 gun run near me, i hear the vanilla arma sound of the rounds impacting and the vanilla gun sound?

What kind of Gun Run, a scripted one? triggered somehow? What A-10? The A-164 Wipeout you mean?

LJ

I'm on vacation (Split, Croatia YAY) and didn't follow the thread since the beginning of the month, did I miss anything important?

I'm on vacation (Split, Croatia YAY) and didn't follow the thread since the beginning of the month, did I miss anything important?

Well, read after this post, as you have vacation you might have enough time to catch up now :P

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187317-JSRS3-DragonFyre&p=2960739&viewfull=1#post2960739

LJ

Guys.

This is a soundmod for Arma 3.

It covers Arma 3 content. Period.

You guys can't possibly expect it to cover all the RHS stuff, or other random mod stuff, and/or expect it to work in perfect symbiosis with any other mod that is out there.

I mean, seriously?

Any more wishes? Has anyone already raised claim on LJ's gold tooth?

Anyway, the current version sounds great, I just hope you guys can make it multiplayer compatible at some point.

That would be awesome.

For those eagerly waiting a multiplayer update I would like to confirm the latest version pretty much works fine in multiplayer.

You might be missing some of the sounds but over all pretty much all the sounds work. The only sound I don't like is the new MX sounds, they are too heavy duty and do not sounds like 6.5mm rounds they sound like they are coming out of a much larger machine gun or rifle. Other than that as usual it is very good.

Jarhead...quick story for you...

Last weekend I was meeting a buddy at the range and he helping someone with their rifle. We were on a 200m range and we knew we were going to work closer up to the targets, so he waved me through to go park down range (there was a berm between him and our cars, so it was safe). I decided to leave my ear pro off to hear the sonic crack as they were finishing up shooting. I was about 75m from the path of the bullet. It was loud. After a couple of shots, I finally put my ear pro back on (about the time they stopped).

Why do I bring this up? Because I really have been enjoying what you've done with the sonic cracks. I think we should probably hear them more in-game, but what you've successfully done is convey how close someone really is to shooting at you. <click click click>...someone is shooting across the field, so no biggie. <Crack Crack>...someone is shooting near me, so I should probably take cover. <SNAP SNAP>...time to get my head down.

Once again, thank you for this fantastic sound mod!

Maybe Holiday time for almost everyone :shine:

been using the mod since some weeks now, and this last version is very satisfying!

Lord Jarhead: Glad to hear that you are making progress on the muffled sound around 4m thing. Like ChuWie, I definitely wasn't looking for any bugs or problems. I've been using your sound mods for years, and I know the quality you put out. It was just rather jarring and I assumed it was a bug lol. However, the fact that you acknowledged it and are working towards another compromise is pure awesome. Thanks again as always.

Noticed something weird with the artillery.

When standing near them you get that full sound with reverb and stuff going on, but if you move 30-40m away they sound like they're at least 1km away.

Shouldn't that be the other way round? Your ears shut down when next to some loud noises, when being further away you start to notice all the details like reverberation from nearby mountains/valleys etc.

Thought it was worth mentioning,

other than that I'm having a blast with this, going to check out more vehicles if time allows it.

Cheers

Can't post

WOW, what the hell happened? I needed 30 minutes to just post this stuff here. When I try to post its a game of luck if the post went through or not.

When I try to edit something I can't safe the changes. When I want to use the full editor it says "You dont have permission" and by every second click on a link or the next page I get redirected to the frontpage.

What the hell... this forum update makes we just want to leave now :(

LJ

Let's be patient and enjoy the sun while BI sorts this out! ;)

That might take a while tho hehe

Been updating ArmA today after a long time. Got back in game for a while. I will probably get a Lite version of the latest content updated and uploaded for you as I can't say when we get to fix the scripts. So that there is at least a functional MP version running.

LJ

Got back in game for a while. I will probably get a Lite version of the latest content updated and uploaded for you as I can't say when we get to fix the scripts. So that there is at least a functional MP version running.

Just to clarify, do you really mean a working multiplayer version? That would be awesome, but I thought that would require to fix the scripts? :unsure:

Just to clarify, do you really mean a working multiplayer version? That would be awesome, but I thought that would require to fix the scripts? :unsure:

That's why there will be a lite version that comes without the scripts.

LJ