I use everything I can :p

This mod doesn´t work. Explosion sound like in the videos. But infantry battle sounds like vanilla (with that odd sound when bullets fly by, as if someone hits a pencil on the desk). I tested it several times. i deinstalled and reinstalle and the sounds are the same.

Go to the Parameters tab and uncheck everything except no splash, skip intro, and your profile name... While you're at it, delete whatever you have written in the mods box. Now go to the Mods tab and check the box for CBA and DragonFyreSP. Should work.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but 40mm grenades will play the vanilla sound immediately after they explode, and then the Dragonfyre sound within a reasonable amount of time for the sound to travel to the player. I've had the same problem with mortars and artillery too, I haven't tested other explosives yet though. Downloaded from and running through playWithSix.

LJ, you really topped all your previous efforts.

This puts all previous iterations of JSRS to shame.

The accuracy to pinpoint shooters is incredible.

Performance test of the new 1.0 (only cba and dfyre loaded) took place with around 180 civs, ~25 blufor engaging ~25 opfor, bit of arty going on.

With 1.0 I'm getting around 45-55 fps, same for vanilla arma, absolutely no performance issues on my side (my specs are to be found earlier in this thread).

Noticed the sounds are a bit beefier, bit more on the hollywood side of things.

I usually don't like that but this feels as authentic as it can be.

And there's some special charm on those sounds.

I had to turn the volume up a good bit to hear the more quiet stuff (sitting in an absolutely silent room)

The dynamic range between very quiet and a firefight is plain awesome, that's just how it has to be,

you really seem to have hit that small golden spot of balance, it just feels right.

Stuff I found:

The new vehicle sounds must be hell to balance.

If you know there's a vehicle and try to listen to the sound, it's a bit too quiet.

If you don't know there's a vehicle and spot it by sound it seems to be well balanced, loudness wise, though the sounds could be triggered a bit further out.

Choppers could be a wee bit louder, at around 2km you should be clearly able to tell where that chopper is coming from.

Explosions are too quiet, although the mortar seems to be fine impacting at around 500m.

40mm launcher and the mortar is giving me no issues here, not running into what Taepodong-2 wrote.

Seems to be fine otherwise.

Nothing more to add.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but 40mm grenades will play the vanilla sound immediately after they explode, and then the Dragonfyre sound within a reasonable amount of time for the sound to travel to the player. I've had the same problem with mortars and artillery too, I haven't tested other explosives yet though. Downloaded from and running through playWithSix.

Same here but not always ... ? Strange (dwld from armaholic)

I had a hard time downloading it (internet failures at my house), but it was worth it!

It does sound excellent - I have to spend more time on it, but yeah it's probably the best iteration of your work LJ.

One thing though : it looks sounds like having RHS enabled will disable the distant gunshots (including for vanilla weapons), making gunfights sound weird as you only hear a high pitched sound - I don't think that was the case with the previous version?

Performance test of the new 1.0 (only cba and dfyre loaded) took place with around 180 civs, ~25 blufor engaging ~25 opfor, bit of arty going on.

With 1.0 I'm getting around 45-55 fps, same for vanilla arma, absolutely no performance issues on my side (my specs are to be found earlier in this thread).

Interesting details.

You seem to run quite a crowded scenario easely thanks to a 4770k @4.5ghz. if you don't experience some unexpected/unreasonable delays with echoes, then it would explain the problems i encountered since the first DragonFyre version, or even with the lite version + L_ES. (running an old but reliable i7 920 @2.67 GHz, and wondered about overclocking/getting a new one).

Thanks for sharing :)

Edited by Megiddo

Hi Jarhead,

Loving the newest iteration of JSRS. Some things I've noticed and I'm sure others have mentioned, but I'll go through them anyways:

Only tested with hand grenades and 40mm grenades, when relatively close, I hear the distance sound play BEFORE I hear the actual sound effect.

GBU's play audio only up close, medium range not much is heard at all.

RPG-32 explosions only 300m away play a VERY faint distance sound effect.

Also, is L_ES integrated into Dragonfyre? Or should we be running that mod concurrently with Dragonfyre?

Could please someone upload a video of two infantry groups fighting in a distance. I have crackling and that weird noise as if someone hits a plastic pen on the desk.

Tested and I found amazing sound effects in general .... :286: :622:

Performance on my PC FPS are constant. :thumbsup::hm:

Interesting details.

You seem to run quite a crowded scenario easely thanks to a 4770k @4.5ghz. if you don't experience some unexpected/unreasonable delays with echoes, then it would explain the problems i encountered since the first DragonFyre version, or even with the lite version + L_ES. (running an old but reliable i7 920 @2.67 GHz, and wondered about overclocking/getting a new one).

Thanks for sharing :)

I was easily able to overclock my i7 920 to almost 4 GHz on a closed-loop water cooling solution. On a good air cooler you can probably do 3.6-3.8 GHz no problem. Definitely overclock that bad boy.

I was easily able to overclock my i7 920 to almost 4 GHz on a closed-loop water cooling solution. On a good air cooler you can probably do 3.6-3.8 GHz no problem. Definitely overclock that bad boy.

I wasn't even aware it was possible to overclock an i7 920. I'm sure mine would explode anyway lol. Already overheats as is and would rather just build a new pc at this point.

(running an old but reliable i7 920 @2.67 GHz, and wondered about overclocking/getting a new one).

As an i7 920 user, just get a new one lol. It's solid and does quite a good job but it's pretty outdated by now. Can't wait to upgrade my processor.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

I wasn't even aware it was possible to overclock an i7 920. I'm sure mine would explode anyway lol.

As an i7 920 user, just get a new one lol. It's solid and does quite a good job but it's pretty outdated by now. Can't wait to upgrade my processor.

I'm running an I7 920 on a nice little _AIR_ cooler from Zeltec, and I have ran it @ 3,8 ghz for years now. Give it a try before you buy a new one at least.

hehe, not very surprised to find some "hardware warriors" around here :D

yeah i found many articles and tutorials stating it was safe to get it @3.8 GHz without problems. i'll probably take a closer look at this option as i can have it done for the cost of a beer, giving it a second youth before changing it for good.

Thanks for your opinions and advices guys, and sorry if it was kinda off-topic (related though).

hehe, not very surprised to find some "hardware warriors" around here :D

yeah i found many articles and tutorials stating it was safe to get it @3.8 GHz without problems. i'll probably take a closer look at this option as i can have it done for the cost of a beer, giving it a second youth before changing it for good.

Thanks for your opinions and advices guys, and sorry if it was kinda off-topic (related though).

A CPU upgrade only for Arma is so necessary like the movie "Titanic 2" ^^ i made a little test with my Rig (specs in signature) 2 weeks ago with the default CPU-speed of 3900Mhz (i4690K with Turbomode) and Overclocked to 5500Mhz (cooled by MachII GT Compressor) and the result was 1 little frame gain, Arma´s Engine at it´s best :eek: Unless there wont be an update for the Games engine there wont be an increasement with frames.

@ LordJ

MLRS impact sound should be a lot higher in my opinion. I think its way too low with actual impact volume :D

Great job on the sounds for the vehicles, it really adds to the immersion when you're ingame. Thank you for sharing.

One thing though : it looks sounds like having RHS enabled will disable the distant gunshots (including for vanilla weapons), making gunfights sound weird as you only hear a high pitched sound - I don't think that was the case with the previous version?

Some news about this : I figured what was causing the conflict between RHS & Dragonfyre.

RHS declares the eventhandlers class in their infantry config, eventhough they don't add any. Looks like it is enough to break the distant gunshots feature (I think it was the same problem with ACE action menu).

I edited their config for my personal use and I now have RHS along with Dragonfyre 100% working! :)

Sadly this would mean that every addon adding new eventhandlers to units via config would conflict with Dragonfyre, wouldn't it?

Some news about this : I figured what was causing the conflict between RHS & Dragonfyre.

RHS declares the eventhandlers class in their infantry config, eventhough they don't add any. Looks like it is enough to break the distant gunshots feature (I think it was the same problem with ACE action menu).

I edited their config for my personal use and I now have RHS along with Dragonfyre 100% working! :)

Sadly this would mean that every addon adding new eventhandlers to units via config would conflict with Dragonfyre, wouldn't it?

How is it with being gunner in the RHS humvees? When I was testing Dfyre, I told LJ that whenever RHS and Dfyre ran together, you get stuck in freelook when you try getting in as gunner--and only in rhs based vehicles.

How is it with being gunner in the RHS humvees? When I was testing Dfyre, I told LJ that whenever RHS and Dfyre ran together, you get stuck in freelook when you try getting in as gunner--and only in rhs based vehicles.

I wasn't aware of this; I just gave it a try and there is a problem indeed.

I'm going to take a look and see if I can fix it too.

If I can have a bug free solution I'll post it on RHS thread in case they're willing to make a few changes.

Edited by Pepe Hal

Great new release!

I really love the distant gun sounds!

One small but nonetheless annoying issue:

I believe one of the environment samples has some wierd humming background noise. It has a very low frequency, and is swelling and fading regularly say every 3 seconds. (First I thought it was my system fan...)

I now believe this humming effect is caused by script. It seems to start or at least increase when you are nearing walls or buildings, like some echo effect going rogue?

I wasn't aware of this; I just gave it a try and there is a problem indeed.

I'm going to take a look and see if I can fix it too.

If I can have a bug free solution I'll post it on RHS thread in case they're willing to make a few changes.

Did a few tests, and the only work-around I found is to disable Dragonfyre's servo sounds for turrets on MRAP-based vehicles; it solves the conflict with RHS configs, but it's a nasty fix... :/

I do not have much experience with vehicles config, so someone might very well find a better solution.

Anyway, until then I cooked myself a nice custom config for RHS + Dragonfyre; this is going to be a good night! ;)

I now believe this humming effect is caused by script. It seems to start or at least increase when you are nearing walls or buildings, like some echo effect going rogue?

I haven't tested it personally but I believe LordJarhead mentioned that buildings will have a slight hum to replicate the sound of the air-conditioning units. Maybe that's it?

"Looks like it is enough to break the distant gunshots feature (I think it was the same problem with ACE action menu)."

Is this still a conflict with the ACE action menu? If so then I'll be saying goodbye to ACE for the time being as I much prefer Dragonfyre's sound immersion.

"Looks like it is enough to break the distant gunshots feature (I think it was the same problem with ACE action menu)."

Is this still a conflict with the ACE action menu? If so then I'll be saying goodbye to ACE for the time being as I much prefer Dragonfyre's sound immersion.

Just to be clear : there is no conflict (that I know of) between dragonfyre & ACE; I was referring to the fact that some addon units were not compatible with the ACE action menu for the reasons mentioned above.

Edited by Pepe Hal

Amazing work. Just annoying that I've encountered some ArmA bug where my sounds seem to play at varying audio levels constantly, like, firing a magazine and every 5-6 rounds might sound loud than the rest. It's so jarring. Not related to JSRS but it also seems to effect JSRS as well as vanilla sounds :/ So can't fully appreciate this fine work just yet.